CDLC Quality

zeninguem45

Question

Hi guys,  do you feel underwhelmed by the quality of the CDLC? Don't tale me wrong, I'm really grateful to the people putting their time and effort and for free providing everybody lots of hours of practice ...

I'm just wondering if there is a way that we could try to increase the quality of the final product, more now that UBISOFT stopped providing new DLC...

Maybe a way to vote ? Give it some stars? 

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Quality, in what way? Arrangement, timing, dynamic difficulty, lyrics?

Just started developing my own, always a stickler for quality but need good feedback (new to Rocksmith & Guitar)

I am actually disappointed with some of the official DLC that I have purchased, Tabs that I have found online & instructional videos on youtube seem to have better arrangements.

• Like 1

Hi guys,  do you feel underwhelmed by the quality of the CDLC? Don't tale me wrong, I'm really grateful to the people putting their time and effort and for free providing everybody lots of hours of practice ...

I'm just wondering if there is a way that we could try to increase the quality of the final product, more now that UBISOFT stopped providing new DLC...

Maybe a way to vote ? Give it some stars? 

Do you mean audio quality?   If so I understand!  The best thing I can tell you to do, is make sure you save some "tones" to switch too!  That way whenever a particular solo, or riff comes up that sound like shit in the song you're playing you can switch to a killer tone you want for that part of, or for the entire song!  If you need a good solo tone, try looking at the Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb (Pulse) tones in the "create a tone" part of the game.  I forget which one it is, but it's my hands down go too!  You can always tweak them a bit in the create a tone also to get a little bit edgier for what you're looking for!  Aside from that you're S.O.L. unless you play through something like an audio interface, into an amp simulator along with the game!

You can use the toolkit to import a CDLC and change it all you want, even replace the audio with a better recording, change the chart completely, change the tones. Whatever you want.

But, it will never be easy. Maybe slightly easier than making one from scratch but you still gotta go through most or all of the same process.

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@zeninguem45 One thing that any creator i'm aware of complains about is the lack of feedback on their work. A few of us already put in a lot of effort towards CDLC to some extent that are getting quite close to official content but seeing the lack of downloads and feedback makes it hard to find it even more enticing to push things even further and the fact chart with low effort will get the same amount of recognition just doesn't help things either.

It's up to the users to set the standard they want to see, if you see something you don't like, be vocal about it! Otherwise, things will surely not change.

I'm always sad when i see people suggest to simply replace stuff yourself when i know i'm more than ready to have feedback and update my work as needed to please as many users as possible.

It's up to the users to make themself heard and actually take a stand for quality chart at this point to have an impact.

• Like 8

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

+1 to @@firekorn's comments. I will always make every effort to make sure what I turn out is as good as I can make it. I'm not (probably) going to have a hissy fit if someone turns round and says something is wrong. If they do, I'll always check it out and make corrections as necessary. I am sure that I'm not always right first time. Constructive comments lead to learning and a better future output.

• Like 3

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

As firekorn said, ultimately clear feedback will help more than any sort of voting and rating system - these come up a lot and I feel they're most often hijacked by how excited users are for content rather than any mark of quality anyway. And no shade against excited folks, just these systems often end up fuzzy on what they represent.

For a recent example, my database entry for Do Not Disturb was sitting at four stars twelve hours after I uploaded a wrong file that didn't even have the right dang song. So like, the rating didn't clearly communicate to other users there was a error and didn't communicate what kind of error to me. Thankfully, folks did give clear feedback on this error and I was able to correct the mistake.

And all my great strides in improving the overall quality of my CDLC has come from other people than just sitting by myself. It's largely been overhearing things in the creators room of the Discord, but that's again because other locales are often so quiet. I do confess I tend to be resilient to making changes when folks first offer feedback, but that's a personal flaw I'm working on that not every charter has and even I relent quickly when something's brought up again.

All that said, I do confess I am guilty of going silent on feedback as well. I have a big ol' spreadsheet of my feedback for all the customs I've downloaded but I stopped sharing them for various reasons. I'll try to get back into the habit of posting them over the summer, at the moment I don't quite have the free time, I shouldn't have even typed this message, oops.

• Like 2

I've always got the multitracks.

Thanks for your reply. |

@@zeninguem45 One thing that any creator i'm aware of complains about is the lack of feedback on their work. A few of us already put in a lot of effort towards CDLC to some extent that are getting quite close to official content but seeing the lack of downloads and feedback makes it hard to find it even more enticing to push things even further and the fact chart with low effort will get the same amount of recognition just doesn't help things either.

It's up to the users to set the standard they want to see, if you see something you don't like, be vocal about it! Otherwise, things will surely not change.

I'm always sad when i see people suggest to simply replace stuff yourself when i know i'm more than ready to have feedback and update my work as needed to please as many users as possible.

It's up to the users to make themself heard and actually take a stand for quality chart at this point to have an impact.

Thanks for your Reply. You got exactly what I was saying. No, I was not talking about "audio quality", but the faithful transcription (if I can call it that) of the playing, be that guitar or bass. As I said before, I'm really thankful to all the creators for their effort and the time they spent doing something that I, selfishly didn't bother.... doing a great or even mediocre transcription of a song. Having said that, you also mentioned " that are getting quite close to official content " and I would love to check a couple of examples like that. Maybe I was not lucky enough or maybe I like songs that the transcriptions are not that good,  but unfortunately I was not lucky enough to find one that I would say, wow, this is a great transcription... sorry, maybe I'm just an old guy "complaining" and thank to everybody that responded or do the creation of CDLC.

http://customsforge.com/topic/60107-customsforge-april-newsletter-newsletter-issue-18-cf-charting-creators-special/?do=findComment&comment=336062

Looks like the new newsletter was made for you.

I do kinda feel the 'more paths imply higher quality' one doesn't hold much weight for me - I feel a bass-only CDLC will usually have a higher chance of having a quality bass part than a lot of songs with less time specifically spent on testing bass. Ideally the situation would be true for lead-only, but not necessarily in my experience.

I've always got the multitracks.