Strange EOF problem

Guest phillupdbowl

Guest phillupdbowl

Eof, gave a message stating that a gp file is a guitar hero file. Ever since that message, eof will not save anything. After that message, the file needed for sctk never appeared again. I reverted all settings back to default, but still no importable saves in folder. I installed another instance of the same eof and it's appearance is entirely different. It's now tiny rectangles (for notes) instead of large circles. It does save as it should, but I can no longer manually input any notations. I can only left click a note and hit del to remove the note. I can not move the notes, and right click doesn't do anything. Has anyone encountered anything similar or have any suggestions to resolve this issue? Thanks.

If you can give more information about the message you're citing, I could give more guidance about what it's for.  If EOF can't save anything, it's probably something outside of EOF interfering like antivirus or you're trying to save in a restricted portion of your file system (ie. within "Program Files").  If you installed another EOF instance, make sure you apply the hotfix.  Notes will display differently depending on what they are (ie. cymbals display as triangles, forced strums display with large circles, vocal notes display as rectangles with no circles).  The means of inputting notes differs depending on the input method you have in use (File>Preferences).  "Piano roll" (where you use the right mouse button to toggle notes) is the default, and some but not all input methods use the right mouse button.  The ability to click and drag notes can be disabled "Song>Disable click and drag", and if this is in effect, the title bar will say so.  If you can provide a screen capture of EOF, and provide the eof.cfg file of the EOF instance you're having trouble with, I can point out many of these settings that may be causing the behaviors you mentioned.

Guest phillupdbowl

Both of my eof.cfg files are dated after the incident. I found the config 1k doc in the save folder. I don't know much about pc's and docs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp1hn1q4lq4633d/Screenshot%202020-04-12%2014.10.44.png?dl=0  I just had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to give you that screenshot, lol. I don't know if that config file I found is the one you'd need tho.

There should be an eof.cfg file in the same folder as eof.exe, that's the one with EOF's settings.  The contents of the Information Panel suggest you're on a version of EOF that's over a year old though, you should probably apply the latest hotfix and then check to see whether anything still isn't working.  I still have no idea what kind of Guitar Pro related message you're talking about though, or what "sctk" refers to.

Guest phillupdbowl

Thank you for helping, I meant to abbreviate the song creator toolkit with the 'sctk'. I applied the latest hotfix to eof, it's now saving as it should, and the interface is back to the large circles also. My song creator toolkit was outdated as well. I think they're going to work better than they ever have. Thanks again for all of the invaluable help, and for your involvement in the development of such a great program!

P.S. I apologize for not posting in the correct category. I'll pay closer attention and post in the appropriate sections from now on.