Score Reset / Vidcap & Venue / Showlights?

Billkwando

Question

Hi all!

I'm having a little problem with my CDLC for Prince's Computer Blue. I've gotten as high as 98.4%, and I can't seem to get the % any higher, even though I think I'm playing it better than I ever have before.

I got that 98.4% in a previous version, and I have edited it since, to simplify some 3 finger power chords that only needed to be 2. I'm wondering if the lower note count has somehow made it mathematically impossible for me to match my previous score. Is it possible to reset the score for a song?

USUALLY when I update one of my customs, it deletes my score whether I like it or not. In this case, it actually had deleted my score, but with the most recent revision, it actually restored my score from 2 revisions ago, even though it had been blank with the last revision. Thoughts? Am I on crack?

2nd question:

What is the purpose of turning off the venue stuff? Does it make the game run any better? I want to do a video capture of me playing the song, and I'm wondering if the venue mode has any affect. As soon as I start up Camtasia, even with venue turned off, the game suddenly gets really choppy. I'd leave it on if it doesn't matter, so I thought I'd check.

3rd question:

What is "showlights"? I saw it mentioned on the smithy forum. If it's possible to alter the lighting (I'd love to make it purple for this song), how do you do it?

Thanks a bunch, all!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet