DDC.exe Cli giving different output than the toolkit?

Rbby258

Question

I'm trying to use ddc.exe to remove ddc from songs. I first unpack the songs then work with the song.xml with ddc.exe using

cd c:\ddc

ddc.exe metallicablackenednacholede_lead.xml -l 40 -m ddc_dd_remover.xml -c ddc_default.cfg

The output file is vary different then if i use the toolkit and use only these settings

Ramp-up model: ddc_dd_remover

Config file: ddc_default

Phrase length: 40

The format of the chord id's is different and also the note count?

To note, the rstoolkit output is how i need it to be but want to automate the process with cli

This is a example like from the cli versions xml

<chordTemplates count="30">
        <chordTemplate chordName="E7sus4" displayName="E7sus4" fret0="0" fret1="0" fret2="0"/>

but using the rstoolkit tool it outputs like this

<chordTemplates count="30">
    <chordTemplate displayName="E7sus4" chordName="E7sus4" fret0="0" fret1="0" fret2="0" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />

9 answers to this question

That's not really fixing why there's a difference between two things that should have the same outcome... The reason i can't do that is beacuse im not using the songs in the game after removing DD but using the song xml for something else.

• Developer

@Rbby258  You can easily use the toolkit to remove DDC from any CDLC. 
1) Open the toolkit

2) Open the DDC tabmenu

3) Click on the Ramp-up Model combobox and select 'ddc_dd_remover'

4) Under the Package or Arrangement XML File, click on Add and select the CDLC you want to remove DDC from ...

5) Click the Remove DD button

But you already know that.  Can't answer why the two methods are different.  Check with Chlipouni (the author of DDC) if you still want to know.  If you are using the same settings and same version of DDC then it should be the same.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

That's not really fixing why there's a difference between two things that should have the same outcome... The reason i can't do that is beacuse im not using the songs in the game after removing DD but using the song xml for something else.

Hi @@Rbby258,

Starting with version 3.3, DDC removes automatically the XML attributes that have their default value.

In your example, "fret" attributes with a value of "-1" are not generated.

As DDC works with the "transcriptionTrack" input either :

- transcriptionTrack is empty and DDC generates its content (without default values)

- transcriptionTrack is not empty and DDC uses it (with all of its content)

So depending on the inputs, DDC behaviour may change.

• Like 1

Hi @@Rbby258,

Starting with version 3.3, DDC removes automatically the XML attributes that have their default value.

In your example, "fret" attributes with a value of "-1" are not generated.

As DDC works with the "transcriptionTrack" input either :

- transcriptionTrack is empty and DDC generates its content (without default values)

- transcriptionTrack is not empty and DDC uses it (with all of its content)

So depending on the inputs, DDC behaviour may change.

How would you recommend i get the output im hoping to use? Using the tool and removing ddc with 3.5 works fine, im just not sure how to do it with CLi

Thanks for helping

@@Rbby258,

The command line you used is the right one.

You can work with the XML file that doesn't contain the attributes that have their default value.

Tools like EOF or RSToolkit are able to use this kind of XML file without having any issue.

Thanks

I'm many months into writing some software and hardware that uses that xml format, thats the reason i need to figure out how to keep it like that and also use the CLi tool

@@Rbby258 what's the project you're working on tease ome please? but I think you can parse those xml files based on default schema for the arrangement (like set defaul values instead of uninitialized in your code or fetch those from default config in one way or another?