CFSM - Errors

Penfolds5

Hello creators of this great software. This software used to work great but now I'm having nothing but issues. Fatal errors and can't read paths. I thought I'd make a video of it so its easier to see what I'm talking about. 

I know someone has proberly posted about these errors before but I can't seem to find a answer or I don't uderstand still sorry. 

Please watch the youtube link to see whats happening to me. Thank you

Regards Ian

PS. Hope everyone is staying safe during the covid19 panademic 

cheers

This is the same for me as well. It will work if I delete the CFSM folder in My Documents and restart the program. But, even then, it will not let me use the search feature, and I have to delete the folder everytime I want to run it.

• Developer

@@Penfolds5 Thanks for the video.  CFSM has given you all the info you should need to get it running.  See the following time sections in your video and re-read the CFSM popup messages and the Log messages for how to solve the issue you are having. 

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=41 Read the message.  Did you try changing your display to 100%? (You only need to do this if your display does not align correctly.)

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=56 Read the LOG.  Is CFSM installed on D or E drive?  CFSM thinks your My Documents/CFSM is on E:  Is this correct?  Is CFSM installed on the same drive?

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=60 Read the message.  You pressed 'No' so you told CFSM not to auto fix the error by deleting My Documents/CFSM.  Did you manually delete My Documents/CFSM?  If not, then you are putting yourself into a continuous error loop.

Let us know if you get it working.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@hooolian Screen shot plz and more detail as I am not able to reproduce your issue.  Are you using the column filter dropdown to search or the Search 'Type characters to search for then hit return' box?  Did you remember to press 'Enter' after you input a search? 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@hooolian Screen shot plz and more detail as I am not able to reproduce your issue.  Are you using the column filter dropdown to search or the Search 'Type characters to search for then hit return' box?  Did you remember to press 'Enter' after you input a search? 

I am at work right now, but I will make screen shots when I get home. The only way I am able to search is by using the dropdown filters. I get the errors when I use the search box. I'm pretty sure it happens when I hit enter. 

Edited by hooolian

First error i don't care about as it looks fine to me

Second. Yes my documents are on my E drive and I've tried having CFSM installed at the default locaton and E. Still get the error 

Last.. I pressed yes the first time. This still comes up every time

@@Penfolds5 Thanks for the video.  CFSM has given you all the info you should need to get it running.  See the following time sections in your video and re-read the CFSM popup messages and the Log messages for how to solve the issue you are having. 

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=41 Read the message.  Did you try changing your display to 100%? (You only need to do this if your display does not align correctly.)

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=56 Read the LOG.  Is CFSM installed on D or E drive?  CFSM thinks your My Documents/CFSM is on E:  Is this correct?  Is CFSM installed on the same drive?

https://youtu.be/2E1WDBAWyUM?t=60 Read the message.  You pressed 'No' so you told CFSM not to auto fix the error by deleting My Documents/CFSM.  Did you manually delete My Documents/CFSM?  If not, then you are putting yourself into a continuous error loop.

Let us know if you get it working.

• Developer

@Penfolds5 
1) Then manually delete the MyDocuments/CFSM folder and try again.
2) If it #1 doesn't work then try disabling your AV and Windows Defender. 

3) If #1 & #2 don't work then completely remove CFSM, do #1 and #2, and then download and reinstall the latest version of CFSM.
4) If #3 doesn't work then you are just out of luck.

• Like 1

@hooolian Screen shot plz and more detail as I am not able to reproduce your issue.  Are you using the column filter dropdown to search or the Search 'Type characters to search for then hit return' box?  Did you remember to press 'Enter' after you input a search? 

When I type something in the search box and hit enter, this happens

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FDcAxZMp1RKYesJJ6

This is the log

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w4uDFik9p7p5CSPU8

• Developer

@@hooolian Send me a link to that CDLC and try a different search for some other non-nonpoint song.

I downloaded nonpoint endure and the search works for me.  Also DM the the debug.log file to me cause I can't read that jpeg and I need the whole log.

You should also try this.

@@cozy1 I found the cause of the problem. I got the error no matter what I typed in the search box.

This is the full log.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lucD56AvgSyfz8c4QiZvSJz3q2QnnV8Q

I narrowed it down to one DLC file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P2SN-qZpDNIXwwp3ZX8amXexHy0CWp_W

It's a version I made that is not on ignition. I used the toolkit to remake that file and it works as it should now. I think it was just an error with that psarc that had to do with the toolkit.

• Developer

@@hooolian

[2020/04/05 19:32:29]: 'Auto Quarantine' is disabled ...

Go to CFSM>Setttings>Auto Quarantine>check it ...

[2020/04/05 19:34:28]: - D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\Personal CDLC\Nonpoint_Circles_v1_1_p.psarc String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
Send a copy of the CDLC file, the 'debug.log' file, and this full error message to the developers
:
[2020/04/05 19:34:28]: - Nonpoint_Circles_v1_1_p.psarc
[2020/04/05 19:34:28]: - This CDLC may still be usable but it should be updated if a newer version is available ...

Delete this song ... problem solved ... right?

If you want to fix that CDLC ...

1) CFSM>Setttings>Auto Quarantine>uncheck it and shutdown CFSM

2) Reinstall the corrupt CDLC into the 'dlc' folder and restart CFSM
3) CFSM>SongManager>Select (check the corrupt CDLC)
4) CFSM>SongManager>Repairs>
   >Add Dynamic Difficulty DD (selected)

>Overwrite DD (checked)

>100% Mastery Bug (selected)

>Run Selected Repair Options (selected)

CDLC is all fixed ... auto-magical :)

Note: If you ever find yourself in a CFSM continuous exception loop, just manually delete MyDocumements/CFSM and restart CFSM.

• 2 weeks later...

@Penfolds5 

1) Then manually delete the MyDocuments/CFSM folder and try again.

2) If it #1 doesn't work then try disabling your AV and Windows Defender. 

3) If #1 & #2 don't work then completely remove CFSM, do #1 and #2, and then download and reinstall the latest version of CFSM.

4) If #3 doesn't work then you are just out of luck.

Not sure which one worked but its working now LOL 

Thank you :D