FIXING SONGS. SIMPLE GENERATOR ERROR. CAN U HELP?

I downloaded the Toolkit and Wise, and began fixing songs that were crashing. About

half of them worked fine and seem to not crash in RS2014 but the others come up with

an error at generation. Basically, this is the message. 

One or more fields are missing info...

'PackageVersion is missing...'

I'm not computer illiterate, but not anywhere near a software developer either.

Thanks for any help.

I downloaded the Toolkit and Wise, and began fixing songs that were crashing. About

half of them worked fine and seem to not crash in RS2014 but the others come up with

an error at generation. Basically, this is the message. 

One or more fields are missing info...

'PackageVersion is missing...'

I'm not computer illiterate, but not anywhere near a software developer either.

Thanks for any help.

Old songs don't use have a package version so it is left blank on import (i think) The field is just under the year category, just stick a 1 on there and ya should be good.

If you're trying to fix lots of songs at once give the song manager a go, then you won't have to worry about blank fields and stuff.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

thanks so much. very helpful and problem fixed. perhaps you can help with something else?

i have a bunch of songs with an 'X' where the mastery percentage should be in the learn a song listings. some are customs and

some are original dlc. i have run them through these toolkits but it didn't change them. 

I can still play the songs and stats show up when I open the songs but they still show up with the 'X'.

do you know what causes this??

thanks so much. very helpful and problem fixed. perhaps you can help with something else?

i have a bunch of songs with an 'X' where the mastery percentage should be in the learn a song listings. some are customs and

some are original dlc. i have run them through these toolkits but it didn't change them. 

I can still play the songs and stats show up when I open the songs but they still show up with the 'X'.

do you know what causes this??

The X just means there is no playable track for that arrangement. So if a song has no bass track and you have selected the bass path you see the X. But you can still select the song and pick from the arrangements it does have, which can be a bit annoying with rhythm and lead.

It's a bit of jank from the UI because back in the day you couldn't select songs with the X without changing path, it's not really an issue with the songs themselves and it's not really fixable.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Makes perfect sense now that you point it out. Thank you  for your help. Cheers!

p.s. not sure what happened, but my original RS content started showing up again after I ran the manager.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy