Difficulty

biffle

Question

Not sure if this has been answered but i got into a lot of pages and did not see it.

Some cdlc i have do not have a progression of difficulty. When i go into riff repeater it is set a zero, but clearly it is all the way up. Is there a way i can change that? Trying to learn a song with all the notes flying by is most difficult. Thanks!

No disrespect to the contributors of said cdlc's i really appreciate them. Anyway, this site has made my dreams come true.

14 answers to this question

As much as I like to use the dynamic difficulty on official songs, I rarely use it on customs. The DDC is a great idea, but it's not 'human' enough to be able to pick out the notes that need to be played at each difficulty level.

Instead, I use the riff repeater to slow everything down, and I slow it down as far as it can go at first (it doesn't really get much slower past 20 percent). And even on official songs, I'll switch to the riff repeater after I've played through the song a few times -- the riff repeater is where you REALLY learn the song.

I think he's asking (May be just me, english is not my first language) why some of the songs have the difficulty fixed on the max, even when the riff repeatter shows that it should'nt be the case, and that my friend happens the author of the song did not include dynamic difficulty on the cdlc. There's nothing you can do about it, but you can ask the author to update their post to include the feature.

There's nothing you can do about it, but you can ask the author to update their post to include the feature.

Dynamic difficulty can be added to a song that doesn't have it by using the toolkit under the DDC tab, as long as the magna charter used section makers and created the custom correctly according to the instructions in the link I provided above.

• Like 1

There's nothing you can do about it, but you can ask the author to update their post to include the feature.

Dynamic difficulty can be added to a song that doesn't have it by using the toolkit under the DDC tab, as long as the magna charter used section makers and created the custom correctly according to the instructions in the link I provided above.

Now that I didn´t know, thanks for sharing the knowledge

When a custom doesn't have DD, the riff repeater will display this as 0 anyway, even though the track is at full difficulty. You can also tell when there's no DD by looking at the arrangement at the top -- there won't be any colored bars.

Another problem I have with the DDC is that Rocksmith doesn't recognize it properly and never starts a custom off at the lowest difficulty level (at least for me).

I don't mean to denigrate the people who are working on the DDC tool -- I recognize it's a work in a progress, and I appreciate their effort.

Another problem I have with the DDC is that Rocksmith doesn't recognize it properly and never starts a custom off at the lowest difficulty level (at least for me).

Sure it's not just a very easy song? I've seen official songs start off with the DD bar half full of orange, IIRC.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Sure it's not just a very easy song? I've seen official songs start off with the DD bar half full of orange, IIRC.

No, every song. The starting difficulty seems to vary though. But official songs always start off at zero.

No, every song. The starting difficulty seems to vary though. But official songs always start off at zero.

/puts down crack pipe, jumps out window.

• Like 1

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here