Old lost CDLC

creepingdeathx5

Question

I'm really new to the whole Rocksmith world and am blown away by the modding community surrounding it. While the Customs Forge catalog is slam-full of awesome content, it's still missing a couple of my favorite bands/songs. Upon finding an older website, rscustom.net/dlc, I see that people have tracked a lot of cool songs that don't appear in the Customs Forge catalog. My only problem is that it seems not many people use rscustom, and most of the download links I click are no good. So I was wondering if a CDLC veteran who might have a massive library of custom songs could upload some of the stuff I (and probably others) are looking for.

In particular, I was hoping for some Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Atreyu, Four Year Strong, Trivium, and any video game based music. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: To add on to my post, it seems a lot of the old .dat files for Rocksmith 1's download links are still good. Is there any possible way to convert .dat into .psarc and have it work in Rocksmith 2014?

16 answers to this question

Alright, first things first. With the toolkit (which you can find a download link to on the main page of this site) you can convert .dat to .psarc. 

Now, according to the rules on this site, if you did not create the cdlc, you can not post it. I dont know how that is with converted files.

• Like 1

My workplace
I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman. Yet.

Alright, first things first. With the toolkit (which you can find a download link to on the main page of this site) you can convert .dat to .psarc. 

Now, according to the rules on this site, if you did not create the cdlc, you can not post it. I dont know how that is with converted files.

Awesome, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a lot dude!

Well. Basically the rules say if you didn't create it, you can't post it. If you can get permission from the original charter , with proof, then it's ok.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I thought they changed to rules to allow people to upload converted dats, as long as they give credit to the original charter?

I agree, it's a shame to let those songs fade away.

I'd try contacting the original charter first --  maybe they're in the process of doing this. Some people have made dozens, even hundreds of customs, and converting them takes time.

But converting a .dat to a .psarc is a good way to get started learning to make your own -- you'll want to update the .dat with the new techniques and tones available for RS2014, if nothing else.

Rules..

Why doesn't Customs Forge allow posting CDLC made by other authors?

First and most obvious, we want the original creators to get credit for their work!Second and possibly less obvious, Customs Forge is still very new and as such it is important that we attend to the wants and needs of our most essential resource: the content creators! This is our number one priority; after all without the creators there would be no customs! So given this priority and given that some creators have expressly stated that they do not want their customs shared by anyone but themselves, it is in our best interest as a community to have this rule.Why some custom creators want to have exclusive control of when and where their customs are shared is not really relevant.So, in summary, in order to keep the content creators happy, charting, and sharing their creations with our community, the admins of Customs Forge have asked us not to share any customs other than our own original content.If you have a CDLC created by someone else which has not yet been shared on Customs Forge, you are very much encouraged to contact the original author for permission to post their creation! Then, WITH PERMISSION (and you must provide proof!), you are more than welcome to post that custom!After all, the more customs we can share with the community the better!

But we allowed to post different version of same song...

There has been a lot of cdlc posted in the last few days but I am disappointed that we have moved away from the older classic rock from the 60s to 80s. Whats up with that. Come on guys lets get back to it. I will say thank you in advance if any get uploaded. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 5

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

@@Bornwild Someone's been listening to you... lots of old stuff put up today... Tull... FOGHAT.... Uriah Heep, for cryin' out loud....

Really? Never heard of any of them. Must be the wrong era :roll:

I'm guessing you were born after 1980?

You're making me feel old!

You have me wrong way before 1980. I listened to music from the 50 and 60s till I was in may late 40s lol Its all I know. I was stuck as a flower child. :D The music of the 80s Like your parents before you said what kind of shit music are you listening too. Now I like the hair band music. And only know some of that. I like music with words I can understand. Songs that make sense. puppy love taking the cars to the track . Supreams  Chantels. Buddy holly, Ritchie Valans. If you ever watched American Grafitti that was me as a young man. Good Times.

I'm guessing you were born after 1980?

You're making me feel old!

You have me wrong way before 1980. I listened to music from the 50 and 60s till I was in may late 40s lol Its all I know. I was stuck as a flower child. :D The music of the 80s Like your parents before you said what kind of shit music are you listening too. Now I like the hair band music. And only know some of that. I like music with words I can understand. Songs that make sense. puppy love taking the cars to the track . Supreams  Chantels. Buddy holly, Ritchie Valans. If you ever watched American Grafitti that was me as a young man. Good Times.

American Graffitti was one of my favorites. But I came up in the 70s... punk era!

Rules..

Why doesn't Customs Forge allow posting CDLC made by other authors?

First and most obvious, we want the original creators to get credit for their work!Second and possibly less obvious, Customs Forge is still very new and as such it is important that we attend to the wants and needs of our most essential resource: the content creators! This is our number one priority; after all without the creators there would be no customs! So given this priority and given that some creators have expressly stated that they do not want their customs shared by anyone but themselves, it is in our best interest as a community to have this rule.Why some custom creators want to have exclusive control of when and where their customs are shared is not really relevant.So, in summary, in order to keep the content creators happy, charting, and sharing their creations with our community, the admins of Customs Forge have asked us not to share any customs other than our own original content.If you have a CDLC created by someone else which has not yet been shared on Customs Forge, you are very much encouraged to contact the original author for permission to post their creation! Then, WITH PERMISSION (and you must provide proof!), you are more than welcome to post that custom!After all, the more customs we can share with the community the better!

But we allowed to post different version of same song...

We have been working on allowing the conversion of older songs. I think we almost have it nailed down for how we are going to do this, just a little more time. As you can imagine this website is a huge undertaking and so even the decisions that seem like little ones, take time to ensure they are done to the best of the community.  :ugeek:

• Like 1

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

Hi, I just downloaded yesterday the custom song toolkit for mac, but still didn't find a tutorial on how to import and convert dat to psarc.

Could you be kind enough to point me to tehe right place if you know where or how?

I want soooooooo much to have the two door cinema "what you know", you cannot imagine...

P.S.: i'm running a Mac version and in despite of adding mono framework and X developers kit, it's been a quite unstable program.

• Like 1

Hi, I just downloaded yesterday the custom song toolkit for mac, but still didn't find a tutorial on how to import and convert dat to psarc.

Could you be kind enough to point me to tehe right place if you know where or how?

I want soooooooo much to have the two door cinema "what you know", you cannot imagine...

P.S.: i'm running a Mac version and in despite of adding mono framework and X developers kit, it's been a quite unstable program.

@Pilo  Heh, I really enjoyed the video for that song.

You're going to need EOF. The toolkit allows you to unpack the dat -- you'll use the files in there to make the conversion. Have a look at the basic tutorial for how to setup EOF.

Converting a .dat to .psarc is pretty much the same process, except most of the work has been done for you.

Look for a .dds file -- that's the artwork.

Look for the larger .wem file -- use the toolkit's converter (OGG tab) to convert that to an .ogg. Use the .ogg to start a new project in EOF. (Start a new folder for it)

Look for the .xml files -- the ones labeled "Real_Guitar", "Real_Bass" etc. are the ones you'll import into EOF. (There should be other .xml files for the custom tones too)

Once you've imported the tracks, make sure the beats have been synced to the song, check the notes for accuracy, add techniques where necessary. EOF will generate new .xml files, which you'll use to repack as an RS2014 .psarc.

It may seem quite complicated to do this at first -- it all depends on how comfortable you are learning software.

• Like 1

Thanks, I think sometimes I'm pretty fast learning software, so maybe next century I'll have it finished... LOL

I got the idea, I'll try to get it running this weekend if possible. 

Thanks for the information.

EDIT 1: after many tries, i got an .ogg  (no .wem at all, tried checking and unchecking any button on te pack/unpack section. Maybe because the mac versions only allow to extract 2014 ogg and are no version running on mac that is supposed to work with 2012 wem?) and the .ogg file was usseless as if it was corrupted. I converted then my own MP4 file to ogg but then time is not acurate with the old one, so got another problem to solve...

Adding some leaging space solves partially the problem. Now have to deal with BPM and maybe introduce some spaces...

Got also a new one mp3 version, just in case...

I'll keep on trying.

• Like 1