toolkit not working after latest mac update (macOS catalina v 10.15.2)

after updating my macbook to the latest version i cant seem to be able to launch rocksmith toolkit ? does anyone know if theres a new update for it that makes it compatible with this version of mac or anyway that i can fix this problem ? thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toolkit working on Catalina isn't a problem of needing dev time, it's that the setup we had it working on, isn't supported anymore (a subset of Wine). If all you guys are after is converting CDLC from PC to Mac, there is a python script that can convert the dlc. It's available here: https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith and to use it you need Python. The command you need to run after it's installed is

pyrocksmith --convert some_p.psarc 

and you get a _m.psarc spit out next to it.

Instructions thanks to JustinAiken#7868 in the discord

You're gonna want to open up Python 3 (the command line one), and type the following command:

pip3 install git+https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith.git

It should start downloading the file. When it's done, you should be able to go to use the command I posted in my first post linking the github.

I posted a pretty in-depth guide over on the discord. I'll post it below for anyone who needs help.

Here's some instructions for PyRocksmith (the Python conversion of PC customs to Mac customs on MacOS 10.15.X AKA Catalina). When clicked on your desktop (or in any finder window) click "Go" at the top, and click the "Utilities" option. It should open a window with a lot of system management tools. The only one you need to use is called "Terminal". Double click on "Terminal". It should open a black screen with some text on it, you don't need to read the stuff that starts there. What you're gonna want to do is type 

pip install git+https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith.git

If done correctly, it should say something about cloning and running the command "git clone". When that's finished, type 

pyrocksmith -h

This just opens the help menu, and shows that you have it installed. **KEEP THIS WINDOW OPEN**. Now go to Ignition3 (http://ignition.customsforge.com/) and download the songs you want. I'm going to pick 

Seether - Pride

by the creator 

Unleashed2k

Download the file like usual, but leave it in your downloads folder (as that's the easiest place to get to it). Now in your "Terminal" window, type the command 

pyrocksmith --convert FOLDER/PSARCNAME_p.psarc

where "FOLDER" is the folder where it is located (Downloads for me), and "PSARCNAME" is the name of the file you downloaded. The command for me looks like this 

pyrocksmith --convert Downloads/Seether_Pride_v6_p.psarc

It should take a couple seconds, but when the terminal goes to a new line that says something (not blank) it should be completed. Look for your new file in your "FOLDER" folder under the name "PSARCNAME_m.psarc", for me that's "Downloads/Seether_Pride_v6_m.psarc". Now put the `_m.psarc` file inside your `Rocksmith2014/dlc` folder where you would normally put custom songs. The song should load perfectly fine (as you can see below) inside your version of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for Mac OS. | Information taken from usage, and thank @JustinAiken#7868 for finding this software.

unknown.png?width=1201&height=677

What command gave you invalid syntax? Note I typed everything that I put into my own Catalina Mac and it worked perfectly fine, so if you can tell me where you got invalid syntax I might be able to help.

smoll pp
for updating to catalina

sorry for offtopic but until wine patched for catalina or mono support is up you may be stuck with .py scripts make sure you've got python and pip installed also install all dependencies and encryption plugins maybe worth packing precompiled modules for python? not that I've touched this topic recently

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I went through above and seemed to get this installed but had a message 'The script pyrocksmith is installed in .../Library/Python/3.7/bin which in not on PATH.  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-scrip-location.'

It seems like the package has been loaded but on inputing anything with pyrocksmith I get 'zsh: command not found: pyrocksmith'

Is this because the system can't find this pathway?  Or am I completely missing something?

Sigh, kind of frustrating but I'm willing to plow forward with a little direction.

Thanks.

Fammy 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toolkit working on Catalina isn't a problem of needing dev time, it's that the setup we had it working on, isn't supported anymore (a subset of Wine). If all you guys are after is converting CDLC from PC to Mac, there is a python script that can convert the dlc. It's available here: https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith and to use it you need Python. The command you need to run after it's installed is

A single caveat on this Python script … it doesn’t like apostrophes or quotation marks in the name of the file to be processed, so you’ll have to take those out when copying and pasting from the Finder to the Terminal command line. I put them back into the name of the Mac file that the script produced. I don’t know if Rocksmith particularly needs them in the final version, but I figure it can’t hurt. 

Other than that, it works every time. It’s just monotonous to use when you have a backlog of CDLC that you’ve been holding on to while you wait for the Toolkit to start working again.

• 1 month later...

I don’t know if Rocksmith particularly needs them in the final version, but I figure it can’t hurt. 

My experience with RS2014 on Mac is that it often fails to recognize CDLC with long and crazy filenames.  I shorten each one and remove the apostrophes and dashes, etc. so that RS won't crash.  I think leaving those in actually do hurt.

YMMV.

... If all you guys are after is converting CDLC from PC to Mac, there is a python script that can convert the dlc. It's available here: https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith and to use it you need Python. The command you need to run after it's installed is

Awesome find!  Half my reason for needing Windows is to convert PC CDLC to Mac.  Now if it could add DD, I could ditch Windows altogether!

I like all mine to have DD, so here's some more script-fu:

Convert all DD-enabled PC CDLC to Mac and move to the proper dlc folder (my CDLC's tend to collect in ~/Downloads until they are ready):

$ cd ~/Downloads # or wherever you have your PC CDLC

$ find . -name \*_DD_p* | xargs -n 1 pyrocksmith --convert # convert all to Mac

$ mv *_DD_m* ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc

Strip out the extra characters that confuse RS2014:

$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc

$ for a in *[A-Z-]*; do b=$(echo $a | sed -e 's,-,_,g' -e 's,_v[0-9_]*\(_DD\)*_m,_m,g' | tr -cs "[:alnum:]" _ | tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]" | sed -e 's,_psarc_$,.psarc,g'); mv -v "$a" "$b"; done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I should probably start a thread on this at this point, but I’ve leveraged pyrocksmith with the Mac OS Automator app to build a drag-and-drop applet that converts whatever CDLC you drop on it from PC to Mac and vice-versa. You still have to put your Mac file into your DLC folder yourself, but it makes converting an entire folder of CDLC from one platform to the other easier than converting a single *p.psarc file on the command line.

It’s still not as good as having a version of the Rocksmith Tool Kit that works under Catalina, but it does the job.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting this error when trying to install git:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: git clone -q https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith.git /private/var/folders/s5/1_3vxwm572q_lpkfz150_sn40000gn/T/pip-req-build-kkshq_81 Check the logs for full command output.

Any ideas?

Mac 10.15.6

I’m going to cover as many bases as I can here.

First install Homebrew. It’s legit and perfectly safe; it gives your Mac the same kind of command-line installation tools that typical Linux distributions have built in. There are a lot of nice Unix/Linux utilities that can improve your Mac experience.

Next install git using Homebrew on the command line to make sure you have the absolute latest version:

brew install git

Now, let’s make sure you have Python 3 installed:

brew install python

Finally, let’s install pyrocksmith:

pip3 install git+https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith.git

Try that process and report back.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy