Rocksmith CDLC will not load after selecting the song in game

PPHARD369

Question

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After I load Rocksmith, I go to choose a CDLC song (Killswitch Engage - Embrace the Journey), all is fine and dandy until I try to play the song. After I choose the song, I am left with a screen that just has the song sitting there (I don't even make it to the tuning part). Now, I play unplugged, so I usually skip the tuner. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, the CDLC is in the right folder, I've checked game file integrity through steam, I've read multiple forums, however; the CDLC still will not work. Yes, I do own the Cherub Rock song. Also note that every song that isn't a CDLC works. 

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers to this question

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After I load Rocksmith, I go to choose a CDLC song (Killswitch Engage - Embrace the Journey), all is fine and dandy until I try to play the song. After I choose the song, I am left with a screen that just has the song sitting there (I don't even make it to the tuning part). Now, I play unplugged, so I usually skip the tuner. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, the CDLC is in the right folder, I've checked game file integrity through steam, I've read multiple forums, however; the CDLC still will not work. Yes, I do own the Cherub Rock song. Also note that every song that isn't a CDLC works. 

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance. 

I'm assuming you're on pc here, otherwise this info is mostly useless.

Did you put D3DX9_42.dll (from here) into the rocksmith root directory (where the exe is, not the dlc folder) with no "(1)" or anything on the end?

If not try installing the .dll from the rocksmith song manager to be sure.

Shouldn't be an issue with that specific song since it uses the right dlc key, but try another custom one just in case.

Hope this is somewhat useful?

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype