a few questions rolled into one post

demonizer84

Question

hi guys iv looked through a few posts but cant seem to find a definitive answer or something i can create head or tale of, so sorry if i seem ignorant or this is posted or answered elsewhere so here we go.

1 - some of the CDLC and even DLC wont work - iv downloaded a few packs and 99% of the tracks work i got the disturbed pack and that wont show up, and also iv downloaded quite a few CDLC tracks and some work fine and others dont show at all, am i missing something, or is there something i can do to fix it

2 dynamic difficulty doesnt appear to work :/ - again i tend to download the tracks with DD enabled and some songs just seem to throw you straight into the deep end and dont downscale if you miss notes or strums etc - is there something im missing or do i have to enable something or add something extra

3 - strange TV lag - now i dont really expect a straight answer here, iv got a fairly decent panasonic television and when i use a HDMI cable to connect it i get a strange lag, and it doesnt seem like it can be corrected with the lag correction tool in game, iv turned most graphial settings down, it seems to come on sustains 9/10 times the rest of the song will play fine though if i hit a sustain it seems to struggle quite badly, yet when i look at my laptop screen that is playing absolutely fine

4 - extracting tab from RS songs as a notepad file etc - is this possible, reason i ask is i play guitar away from rocksmith and generally use rockmith as a practice tool which has its ups and downs, the most noticable down is especially with CDLC or even tracks on the game is they are tabbed in a way which is cut down or mish mash between guitars which works for the game but not so much in real life, i noticed this with rusted from the rain recently which is one of my favourite songs, but when i play live that is most deffinately not the way i play it lol, but on the flip side, there are some songs which are either not tabbed out on other websites or i actually enjoy the way they are played better than current tabbed versions , mean bitch being one of the songs, cant find a tab anywhere for it or tutorial etc and  i want to play it with our band but cant get hold of a tab so wondered if you could extract a tab from the song file...

i think thats it so any help would be greatly appreciated

14 answers to this question

1. I think you can unpack/repack them with the Toolkit.

2. Those must be mislabeled, if you can't adjust the difficulty in Riff Repeater.

3. I have a Panasonic U50 50" plasma and a Denon 1312 receiver, and get no noticeable lag on 360 hooked up with HDMI. Playing customs on the PC I use component video cables, and a optical for audio, so I'm no help there. I have noticed that the flashing dot setting in options is pretty useless/incomprehensible.

4. You should be able to extract tabs with the toolkit as well (at least with customs). BTW, I'm one of those people who takes all the good guitar parts and mashes them into one track, so sorry about that, lol. I see it as a tool for the lone guitarist, and I try to make my versions so you could play them on a street corner with a hat for change and sound good. :P

Edit: You can find the toolkit and posts about it here: http://customsforge.com/forum/56-rocksmith-custom-tool-kit/

• Like 1

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

ha yeh i never suffered lag through my 360 when i had it and i have a ps3 and xbox one with no issues, cant say iv tried any other games to see if theres an issue there, though i would of thought if it couldnt process it or something it would do it with high end graphics on a xb1 etc

il take a look at the tool kit as that will be a big help, and yeh i do prefer how some of the songs are tabbed out, i think its some of the offspring songs are tabbed out better on RS and a few of the others

il check the riff repeater

and i would make some songs myself as there are a few songs i need to brush up on but unfortunately they aint on the forge downloads tho i have requested em, i do find it really helpful with strum timing etc which you cant really get from a tab sheet, but from what iv looked at i couldnt make head or tale how to make songs and it seemed a much deeper and more complicated process than i initially thought

and i would make some songs myself as there are a few songs i need to brush up on but unfortunately they aint on the forge downloads tho i have requested em, i do find it really helpful with strum timing etc which you cant really get from a tab sheet, but from what iv looked at i couldnt make head or tale how to make songs and it seemed a much deeper and more complicated process than i initially thought

It's not that bad, especially if the song was recorded to a click track (metronome) or if you use Go Play Along to sync it.

In a nutshell (and very simplified):

• You open EoF, choose New, and browse to your MP3 and EoF will pull the artist and song name from the ID3 tag.
  • Browse to the (hopefully already synced with GPA XML or) Guitar Pro file (from songsterr.com or wherever), which will give you your notes. Add leading silence somewhere along the way, if needed.
  • Play through the track with the metrognome and claps turned on to make sure notes line up.
  • Seek to the measures where you wish to add tone changes and put those in.
  • Create your 30 second preview
  • Do the Wwise thing to get your in game audio tracks (apparently the toolkit will do that for you too if you have Wwise installed)
  • Tap out your vocals in Ultrastar Creator (making sure to put a + sign between syllables in words that have more than one.
  • Add your actual designed tones and pack it up with the toolkit

If you decide you want to try it, there's more detail than this, but that's the general flow. I also have a numbered thread full of good questions and answers, so you may wanna check that out too:

http://customsforge.com/topic/4787-everything-i-always-wanted-to-know-about-custom-creation-but-forgot-to-ask/?hl=billkwando&do=findComment&comment=31225

• Like 1

- Billkwando

yeah i was just having a look again, though when i add the GP file it only gives some of the notes not chords, just the root note if you like, and then so far into the song all notes just disappear, the song im trying to get is alkaline trio - continental, not got time to tinker about with too much till i get a day free but so far its gvin me stress lol

yeah i was just having a look again, though when i add the GP file it only gives some of the notes not chords, just the root note if you like, and then so far into the song all notes just disappear, the song im trying to get is alkaline trio - continental, not got time to tinker about with too much till i get a day free but so far its gvin me stress lol

It sounds like a crap tab. I play them in the songsterr player before I even think of downloading them. There's a million John Frusciante tabs where they just tabbed out a lick or two and put that up as the song.

Also, they often consist of multiple guitar tracks, the "meat" of the guitar only being in one instrument track.

I just played the tab you were talking about, and it was 88 measures of mostly power chords:

http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/alkaline-trio-continental-tab-s1183t0

Also, if you mean that you've already put it into rocksmith, then that is dynamic difficulty messing with you. You have to go into riff repeater and crank up the difficulty. If it's that, that totally got me too.

- Billkwando

2 dynamic difficulty doesnt appear to work :/ - again i tend to download the tracks with DD enabled and some songs just seem to throw you straight into the deep end and dont downscale if you miss notes or strums etc - is there something im missing or do i have to enable something or add something extra

If a custom has DD it will have orange & purple bars above the song when your playing it. You can adjust the DD by going into Riff Repeater and by moving the difficulty slider on some or all sections. Exit the song and the next time you play it it will have less difficulty.

You can also add DD to songs that don't have it with the custom toolkit.

http://ddcreator.wordpress.com/dynamic-difficulty-creator/add-difficulty-levels-in-an-existing-package/

3 - strange TV lag - now i dont really expect a straight answer here, iv got a fairly decent panasonic television and when i use a HDMI cable to connect it i get a strange lag, and it doesnt seem like it can be corrected with the lag correction tool in game, iv turned most graphial settings down, it seems to come on sustains 9/10 times the rest of the song will play fine though if i hit a sustain it seems to struggle quite badly, yet when i look at my laptop screen that is playing absolutely fine

I run my laptop though HDMI and it works ok. My laptop is a little old but was expensive when I bought it. The video chip meets the minimum requirements but falls short of the recommended requirements. There are web sites that will tell you if your laptop will run RS2014 smoothly. Here are a couple.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/

http://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?ubisoft

4 - extracting tab from RS songs as a notepad file etc - is this possible, reason i ask is i play guitar away from rocksmith and generally use rockmith as a practice tool which has its ups and downs, the most noticable down is especially with CDLC or even tracks on the game is they are tabbed in a way which is cut down or mish mash between guitars which works for the game but not so much in real life, i noticed this with rusted from the rain recently which is one of my favourite songs, but when i play live that is most deffinately not the way i play it lol, but on the flip side, there are some songs which are either not tabbed out on other websites or i actually enjoy the way they are played better than current tabbed versions , mean bitch being one of the songs, cant find a tab anywhere for it or tutorial etc and  i want to play it with our band but cant get hold of a tab so wondered if you could extract a tab from the song file...

Rocksmith Tab Explorer is about the closest thing I can think of, but unfortunately it won't output the tab to a notepad file.

https://github.com/Jamedjo/RSTabExplorer/releases

hey guys thanks for the replies, yeh the song i was referring to is mostly power chords which i can play with my eyes shut its one of my fav songs, but its that intro part which i cant seem to get right and all the tabs iv looked at when played dont seem to sound right, so was just gonna put it in RS to get a feel for it, thats practically what i use RS for songs i can already play and as i said just getting timings right or if something dont sound right when i play it then RS usually helps out same with a song called bigger than kiss by teenage bottlerocket, i think therees about 4 chords throughout the whole song but i just cant seem to gel the chorus and verses together, so wanna get it in there just to make everything click, gonna try and have another go later when the lil ones in bed or tomorrow when i got a full day to play around with things, the only thing im dreading is getting tones right once i get the initial parts right

hey guys thanks for the replies, yeh the song i was referring to is mostly power chords which i can play with my eyes shut its one of my fav songs, but its that intro part which i cant seem to get right and all the tabs iv looked at when played dont seem to sound right, so was just gonna put it in RS to get a feel for it, thats practically what i use RS for songs i can already play and as i said just getting timings right or if something dont sound right when i play it then RS usually helps out same with a song called bigger than kiss by teenage bottlerocket, i think therees about 4 chords throughout the whole song but i just cant seem to gel the chorus and verses together, so wanna get it in there just to make everything click, gonna try and have another go later when the lil ones in bed or tomorrow when i got a full day to play around with things, the only thing im dreading is getting tones right once i get the initial parts right

There's a sticky I believe where you can go to a page that has all the tones in xml format from the existing songs, so the easiest thing to do if you're starting out is to pick a tone that you think sounds similar, then download it and edit it.

You go into tone designer in the game and pick that tone and play with it and adjust everything until it sounds good to you....then load the downloaded tone in the Toolkit and edit the same settings you did in the game.

- Billkwando

I didn't see this answer specifically, although someone could have mentioned it previously.  For the TV lag, rocksmith recommends not using the HDMI audio.  You can still connect the HDMI cable for video.  But it recommends going through the soundcard for the audio.  I know even for the PS3 it doesnt want the HDMI audio, and it preffers the audio go through the component.

• Like 1

Hi,

About the DDC question :

DDC was conceived to work with CDLCs which have notes well synchronized with the rhythm and not only with the soundtrack.

If the notes are not in sync with the beats (vertical bars in EOF), or if the time signature is not correctly set in EOF, the categorization process of DDC will affect too many notes to the same level. So you will have too many notes which can appear at the same level of difficulty.

Hi,

About the DDC question :

DDC was conceived to work with CDLCs which have notes well synchronized with the rhythm and not only with the soundtrack.

If the notes are not in sync with the beats (vertical bars in EOF), or if the time signature is not correctly set in EOF, the categorization process of DDC will affect too many notes to the same level. So you will have too many notes which can appear at the same level of difficulty.

I had some hilarious results with some of my early customs because of this, cos I wasn't synching to the measures, but only to the music. Like, note highways with 0 notes on them and stuff like that.

• Like 1

- Billkwando