New crash symptom....

bassplr19

Question

I bought a new Dell G5 gaming computer and transferred all my files and ©DLC over and I seem to be have a different crash symptom than discussed in the pinned topic.

Randomly, doesn't matter what song I'm in CDLC or DLC or stock, the game glitches* momentarily - sometimes it kills the guitar feed and sometimes it doesn't. But this happens, nearly every time I play after some interval. I usually play Nonstop play on whatever tuning I'm playing that day.

On PC, I used steam to check my install and it updated some files - I reinstalled the .dll for the CDLC and still crashing randomly...

Any thoughts?

*The songs playing normally, skips kind of like a CD for 1-2 sec, then continues with or without audio from the guitar. With audio, I keep playing; without I restart the game.

3 answers to this question

I get the exact same frickin' thing.  My 11 year old laptop worked with all the settings at min but kinda lagged on some songs, finally got enough scratch to buy a new Alienware rig and now Rocksmith glitches randomly and sometimes the audio driver crashes and sometimes it doesn't.  If I unplug the cable and plug it back in it starts working again so that suggests a driver/audio problem.

I have tried all the ForceWDM and LowLatency and even going through a USB 2.0 hub, to no avail.

Anyone got any leads on this one?

edit:  I suspect Dell's bloatware may be causing this, I disabled gamebar and exclusive access to microphone and no issues yet.  Probably try a clean windows install if that doesn't fix it.

edit 2:  It's been fine all day, so I think that was the fix.  Don't give Rocksmith exclusive access to the Microphone or Dell's bloatware throws a tantrum.  Or remove said bloatware.