Error when saving after editing artist name field

• Developer

@@KJParsley based on the original error there appears to be an issue with the audio file or path.

clear the toolkit audio path and reset it to your main audio file.

if you still receive an error then make sure that the project folder only contains a single main audio file and no other audio files

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@KJParsley based on the original error there appears to be an issue with the audio file or path.

clear the toolkit audio path and reset it to your main audio file.

if you still receive an error then make sure that the project folder only contains a single main audio file and no other audio files

Thanks for the help!  It doesn't make much sense to me, as CFSM loads it fine, and repairs it  without a problem.  The Toolkit converts it to a Mac file without a hitch, and the CDLC seems to run just fine in RS.  I'll take a look at it later today or tomorrow morning.

• Developer

so is the toolkit error thrown when you import package or when you generate?

what does cfsm show in the toolkit version column?  in other words is this a very old cdlc which maybe missing preview audio?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

so is the toolkit error thrown when you import package or when you generate?

what does cfsm show in the toolkit version column?  in other words is this a very old cdlc which maybe missing preview audio?

The toolkit error pops when I generate.  The original file is an old one, CFSM shows toolkit version 2.6.1.0:

pt1ngaza4vxuqea4g.jpg

CFSM successfully completes the repair process and updates the toolkit version to 2.9.2.1:

u47wdrmhy4d0dgr4g.jpg

I now attempt to change the artist name with CFSM and it fails:

ft6g09vr9mxi9w04g.jpg

At this point, I normally go to the toolkit to import and re-generate the package, as you so kindly suggested some time ago.  Most of the time this works, but in this case the toolkit fails as indicated in the opening posts.  I don't see anything obvious in the files themselves, though I admit I don't know enough to know what I am actually looking for:

7ecc8shxzamnn354g.jpg

The toolkit successfully converts the original and the repaired pc file to mac format.  It appears to only flag when either CFSM or the toolkit attempts to save changes.

• Developer

plz dm me link to your copy of original non-repaired cdlc

i dl cdlc from ignition and get same error in cfsm as you do
so have you tried doing what cfsm error says to do to fix the multi tones error in rhythm arrangement?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ft6g09vr9mxi9w0/CFSM_Error_3.png/file

plz dm me link to your copy of original non-repaired cdlc

i dl cdlc from ignition and get same error in cfsm as you do

so have you tried doing what cfsm error says to do to fix the multi tones error in rhythm arrangement?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ft6g09vr9mxi9w0/CFSM_Error_3.png/file

Thanks for taking the time to give me a hand!

Not yet...  I wasn't sure I wanted to start tinkering until I was sure I gave the tools a chance to do what they normally do very well.  After all, I only know enough under-the-hood stuff to get me in trouble for the time being.

I took a look at the tones in the toolkit but I couldn't figure out how to restore any of the XML elements.  I tried removing the rhythm arrangement since CFSM seemed to indicate that to be the problem, but that didn't work either.  I was hoping this would be another one of those simple quick fixes, but apparently not.  I think I'll table this one for now, as I have a few projects to complete before I can delve into EOF and authoring.

• Developer

the best thing to do would be to contact the charter to fix their cdlc so that everyone could benefit

the cdlc file needs to be renamed before attempting repair because the use of '{' '}' in the file naming effectively prevents repair.

use the latest build of the toolkit to regenerate the cdlc, or use CFSM>Repairs>Prevent Multitone Exceptions
either updated app can now auto fix this type of multitone exception.

• Like 1

the best thing to do would be to contact the charter to fix their cdlc so that everyone could benefit

the cdlc file needs to be renamed before attempting repair because the use of '{' '}' in the file naming effectively prevents repair.

use the latest build of the toolkit to regenerate the cdlc, or use CFSM>Repairs>Prevent Multitone Exceptions

Thanks!  I'll give it one more go, and make a note of it in the CDLC thread.

I got both apps updated.  The CFSM repair utility didn't fix it, but the updated toolkit did.

Thanks again @@cozy1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy