Need help figuring out a tone

rightseater

I recently made a CDLC for Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole, but I can't even get close to getting Steve Marriott's tone for that song. I'd be very appreciative if anyone has some ideas for finding that lead tone. I feel like various Marshall head and cab configurations have been best thus far, but I'm clueless on the pedals.

take my tone for either "cradle of forest" or my latest "tokyo mew mew" clean tone

Im already telling you that you would not find anything better because thats an overdrive tone that doesnt sound clean and not distorted and there isnt alot of those and they sounds bad ; i took my time to improve this alot so thats what you get

use the middle pickup switch for this tone