Custom Auto-Tone Help

TheBestAlex

Question

I must be missing something on how creating tones works with EOF. My first tone never seems to load on pretty much all of my songs. What importance does the default tone have and what does that do?

Does it matter where you put your tones at the beginning of the song? Should they be on the first beat or doesn't it matter?

Thanks,

Alex

TheBestAlex's CDLC Workshop

Discography Project

Vote on new content!
Suggestions are welcome.

4 answers to this question

• Administrator

The default tone in EOF is the one that is load at the start of the song by rocksmith, so depending on how you set your tone change it doesn't always matter which one is the default tone in EOF.

For exemple, if your first tone change is on the first note, the default tone will be replace by the tone you've set on the first note.

If you set your first tone change after the first note make sure that the default tone is the one that should be used for the first notes.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

There are a couple steps to this.

First you have to mark where each tone change comes in -- that includes at the very beginning of the song.

Then you go to the list of tone names and mark one of those as the default tone. Usually that's the tone that starts the song, but it doesn't have to be -- maybe the song starts with a quick solo before shifting to the main guitar part.

Make sure all of the tone names in EOF correspond to the names of the tones you load in the toolkit. And make sure you add the tones in the toolkit before adding the arrangements.

When you load the arrangement, the toolkit will automatically place the tones in their slots.

@@firekorn @@MVega Not sure what I'm doing wrong then. It's all easy stuff, lol. I've been doing exactly that and it seems the first tone never loads, or you have to restart the song for it to kick in.

EDIT: Honestly I'm sick of messing with the darned tones lol. I just use my bass amp anyway. Soooo much better!

TheBestAlex's CDLC Workshop

Discography Project

Vote on new content!
Suggestions are welcome.

Yeah, I had problems with the first song I tried to add tone changes in. It took a couple of tries, but I eventually got it to work. Sometimes you have to repack the customs a couple of times with the Toolkit before it finally works.