How to do

• Developer

You don't use CFSM.  You use the toolkit to re-author the CDLC.  The toolkit will automatically generate the preview audio.  If you want to add your own custom preview (not use the default) then you name the preview file the same as the main audio file, and add '_preview' to the file name.  So something like this depending on what format your audio is in:

myAudio.wav

myAudio_preview.wav

or

myAudio.ogg

myAudio_preview.ogg

or

myAudio.wem

myAudio_preview.wem

Just make sure you put both audio files in the same folder and point the toolkit to the main audio file in CDLC Creator GUI.  The toolkit will automatically use your custom preview audio file when the CDLC is generated.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thank you for your return cozy1

It is not exactly what I am trying to do.

I will try to be more explicit.

I have a cdlc which does not have an audio preview (it was not me who created it) so I wanted to add it, I imagined finding that in the repair function of CFSM

But no. I know that we can do it with the toolbox but it's quite tedious especially since I intend to do it to all my cdlc who do not have audio preview and I have a lot.

PS: I'm on PS3 but it doesn't change anything because I convert in the end with your RST

Thank you

So if CFSM does not allow you to automate the creation or rewriting of the audio preview, is there any hope that this option will come in a future version.

Thank you Cozy1 for everything you've done so far.

• Developer

Any CDLC that are missing audio preview were created with a very old version of toolkit.  These should be re-authored with the latest toolkit.  There are currently no plans to add a repair feature of this type to CFSM.    #CozyNeedsBeer

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Ok for the info.

In the meantime I have a few comments to make to you regarding CFSM and RST.

I did a few tests and here is my workflow.

CDLC chosen for the test: Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen

1st test:

1) Repair with CFSM of the original version.

2) import and re-compile this version in RST;

Changing the scrolling speed.

3) convert with RST to PS3

test in PS3: no audio preview.

2nd test:

1) import and re-compile the original version in RST

Changing the scrolling speed.

3) convert with RST to PS3

test in PS3: audio overview ok.

Thanks you.

• Developer

It would figure, wouldn't it, that there are two versions of that song on Ignition.  So which charter was the CDLC by Slaughter or Liquid?  The one by Liquid is very old and my guess would be that it probably does not have a preview audio.  So when you re-author that one with the latest version of the toolkit it picks this condition and auto generates the preview audio for you. 

CFSM does not auto generate the preview audio during repair if IIRC.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't really understand (if IIRC)

Yes the version was that of "Liquid" for the test but I now use the version of "Slaughter".

Don't bother with the audio previews, I will convert each CDLC to PS3 by importing a project for the audio preview to work.

Maybe the convertion view in the toolbox can check if an audio preview exists before converting and then create it if there isn't one.

Thanks again.

• Developer

Done.  CFSM>Repairs> select any repair options and CFSM automatically fixes missing preview audio.