Rocksmith 2014 Championship 325

DropZone90

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Talk about latency, perhaps this helps someone.

I have an old an sturdy Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB interface. While this works great with a DAW and ASIO and also out-of-the-box with Linux, I always had problems using it with Rocksmith. Accessing it as a Windows WDM device, RS always had unbearable latency or would even lock up. So I had to use my motherboards audio for Rocksmith. Which sucked, because I needed an extra pair of speakers, my good monitors are connected to the Scarlett.

Then I installed asio4all. I do not even remember why, I think something with Guitar Pro. From this moment on RS worked perfectly with the Scarlett, although I had changed nothing inside RS and it apparently still opens it as a WDM device. Great, one pair of Speakers gone from my desk.

Why don't you just use Rocksmith cable? If you want to play with a real amp, you can use Boss LS-2 pedal to send A to an amp and B to Rocksmith. That's how I do it when I'm allowed to play loud

Because of the latency when using external sound card. The integrated soundcard has way better audio output latency than the external sound card when you are dealing with rocksmith.

@@Anwyn My studio monitors are connected to my pre-amp, which then allows me to choose between multiple audio sources, so I can have integrated audio card as well as my scarlett 2i2 connected to the same speakers. Still requires using the remote controller to swap audio sources when using the studio monitors as monitors instead of speakers, but that's trivial.

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Why don't you just use Rocksmith cable? If you want to play with a real amp, you can use Boss LS-2 pedal to send A to an amp and B to Rocksmith. That's how I do it when I'm allowed to play loud

It was only the output latency that was the problem.  I do use the rocksmith cable. When I wanted to play with an external amp I used to route the guitar through the Scarlett and split it there. But nowadays my amp is in the rehearsal room.

My studio monitors are connected to my pre-amp, which then allows me to choose between multiple audio sources, so I can have integrated audio card as well as my scarlett 2i2 connected to the same speakers. Still requires using the remote controller to swap audio sources when using the studio monitors as monitors instead of speakers, but that's trivial.

I have active Adam T7V monitors, which are symmetrically connected to the Scarlett. They only have one input. The other speakers (Behringer MS40) are also active and have two analog, an optical digital  and a SPDIF input. Typical Behringer cheap and thousand features. But my Adams are much better sounding, so I wanted to use these.

I have also used the trick to route the analog output of the internal audio through the Scarlett, but this occupies two more inputs and isn't necessary anymore with asio4all. I'm quite happy it just works now.

• Like 2

lead, +

37692376uo.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

We really need more songs to the beginner and advanced side (especially advanced rhythm) side of the song selection list.

Please help

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=1823483972

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)