Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 324

RdGkA

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Neil Peart RIP https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806

Unfortunately, the only true way to drag 2groggy out of hiding is to lose one of our gods.

Having watched "This is Spinal Tap", his daughter, @@GNat, immediately commented "67, that's not bad for a drummer".

As dictated by tradition, 2groggy must now download a Rush tune and try to not embarrass himself in covering one of Geddy's bass lines and then post the result in the current week's Customs Forge Championship.  2groggy replied "in my formative years, I really was more of a punk rock, rugby and BEvERages guy.  The Rush fans were the geeks that tripped on their textbooks and landed in a pile of stoners then got high on the second-hand fumes.  But a tradition is a tradition.  Rush are hometown heroes to us, so I'll find a track to play that both satisfies that tradition and offends the Freebird Police."

RIP indeed!

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/2112-r26582

unknown.png

Because LAS glitched with the mastery, had to re-do.

unknown-1.png

• Like 4

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Tried to get that perfect 100 % row in bass again, but just can't get the 7 -> 19 slides to register :(

• Like 2

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

I used to work as a motorcycle courier briefly a while ago for a company called Rush Couriers in London, had the logo 'RUSH' printed on my shoulder bag and jacket. I was making a delivery one day when i heard a voice shout over from behind me... 'Rush rock!!'

I turned around laughing to myself and shouted back over to the guy, 'Yeah man, they sure do!' He laughed back and said he gets tickets every chance he could.

I explained I'd actually only very recently got into the band, having purchased the Rush song pack for Rock Band 2 in my earliest ever attempt to pick up playing drums on the cheap and cheerful, and how all the drum parts were so fucking awesome to play along to.

Ended up chatting to the guy for another 20minutes, discussing songs/albums/gigs he'd seen etc, before remembering I was supposed to be working!

Rush fans are the best fans.

This news saddens me deeply. There are some bands I knew I would never get to see live, and some I could have but due to circumstances never got around to. Rush falls into the latter category. RIP

• Like 4

My post disappeared.  At the risk of duplication, Roll The Bones by Rush, on bass

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)