Brooklyn_Sounds Customs and Workshop

Brooklyn_Sounds

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm gonna be updating my old customs before i start new ones this week, so be on the look out. :)

Nice!  I made some comments on BK's "Set You Free".  I also have some input for 10am Automatic and Till I Get My Way if you're interested.

Hey all, I'm gonna be updating my old customs before i start new ones this week, so be on the look out. :)

Nice!  I made some comments on BK's "Set You Free".  I also have some input for 10am Automatic and Till I Get My Way if you're interested.

Of course! anything that will make them as accurate as possible. Thanks :)

Awesome!  I don't want to sound like I'm kissing ass, but this is why I think you're a good charter.  So many others aren't interested in constructive criticism or improving their customs.  I've made several comments to other charters that just get ignored.

So, for 10am Automatic:

• The notes in the chorus are just slightly out of sync (for Mac anyway).  They are just slightly ahead of the music.  And I do mean just slightly.
  • It's never in any of the tabs, but there are fret hand mutes all through the chorus (if you listen with headphones, you can hear them on the actual song).  There are 4 mutes in between each section of the chorus (does that make sense?)

For Till I Get My Way:

• It sounds great the way it is, but I'm pretty sure the tab you used is for the live version.  The studio version uses the same notes, but on the E, D, and A strings, instead of just E and A.  So where your version goes down to the 9th and 7th frets on the A string, the studio version plays those notes on the 4th and 2nd frets of the D string.  I apologize for my poor terminology, but I didn't want to just list the actual musical notes.
  • For the chorus, the studio version is played with single notes.  Starting on the A string, it goes from the 4th fret, to the 7th fret, to the 9th fret, and then ends on the B note of the E string (7th fret).  I don't think this is such a big difference since, if I remember correctly, your version uses pretty much the same notes, just power chords instead of single notes
  • The tone's volume needs to be increased.  Even with my in-game mixer set to 80 for the audio and 100 for the guitar, it's hard to hear my own playing clearly.

I think that's it... at least all that I can remember for now.  I'll make some notes if I come across anything else the next time I play.

• Like 1

Awesome!  I don't want to sound like I'm kissing ass, but this is why I think you're a good charter.  So many others aren't interested in constructive criticism or improving their customs.  I've made several comments to other charters that just get ignored.

So, for 10am Automatic:

• The notes in the chorus are just slightly out of sync (for Mac anyway).  They are just slightly ahead of the music.  And I do mean just slightly.
  • It's never in any of the tabs, but there are fret hand mutes all through the chorus (if you listen with headphones, you can hear them on the actual song).  There are 4 mutes in between each section of the chorus (does that make sense?)

For Till I Get My Way:

• It sounds great the way it is, but I'm pretty sure the tab you used is for the live version.  The studio version uses the same notes, but on the E, D, and A strings, instead of just E and A.  So where your version goes down to the 9th and 7th frets on the A string, the studio version plays those notes on the 4th and 2nd frets of the D string.  I apologize for my poor terminology, but I didn't want to just list the actual musical notes.
  • For the chorus, the studio version is played with single notes.  Starting on the A string, it goes from the 4th fret, to the 7th fret, to the 9th fret, and then ends on the B note of the E string (7th fret).  I don't think this is such a big difference since, if I remember correctly, your version uses pretty much the same notes, just power chords instead of single notes
  • The tone's volume needs to be increased.  Even with my in-game mixer set to 80 for the audio and 100 for the guitar, it's hard to hear my own playing clearly.

I think that's it... at least all that I can remember for now.  I'll make some notes if I come across anything else the next time I play.

Thanks for the notes, as I said i'll try and update the majority of my customs this week, especially the early ones. I've tweaked my process and i feel my latest customs are way more accurate with the new system. I think the first was Potion Approaching, so I'll probably go back from there. Thanks again, not too many people will leave comments with what's wrong with a song, so i really appreciate your feedback. :)

No rush, I know you have a long list.  And don't feel any pressure to implement any of my suggestions that you disagree with.  I am nowhere near an expert at playing guitar or picking out notes by ear.  I just appreciate that you're willing to at least listen to some feedback and consider it.

Sweet, glad to see Them Crooked Vultures and Wolfmother in the list!  m/

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank you for all of your work, especially for Arctic Monkeys's songs :)

Thank you for the kind words, and if you have any concerns or suggestions regarding a song's chart or tabs just let me know. :) I'll continue to update my songs throughout the weekend and hopefully start making new songs by this upcoming Thursday.

• 3 weeks later...

Arctic Monkeys 5 pack tomorrow kiddies :) probably around the afternoon. I think you guys are gonna like these 5 I've chosen to due. As well as the updated Dancing Shoes, don't worry Black Keys fans I'm finishing up Gotta Get Away's Bonus arrangement, and have basically finished Girl is on My Mind, the 2 other Keys song i'll keep under wraps for now, they're older ones ;), I'll probably only have time on the weekends to do customs, so please be patient with me. Take care :)

• 1 month later...

Hello there music fans, I've been busy with school and haven't put too many songs out recently. Along with that i've actually been working with a local luthier and i am building a few guitars for myself, or should i say he's building and i'm watching and learning. I like to think i'm pretty handy with guitars, with the one exception that i can't root a cavity, until now :) The first guitar should be done in a week or so, then we'll start the second one. In terms of my CDLC making i'll still try and put out a few songs a week, here's the list of current stuff:

The Black Keys Weight of Love 70% done

Muse MK Ultra 99.9% done, should be uploaded tonight :)

The Black Keys Howlin for You Bass 30% done

The Black Keys Too Afraid to Love You Bass 65% done

Wolfmother Caroline 60% done

Wolfmother Far Away 60%

The Black Keys Ten Cent Pistol 15% done

So there you go, I'll probably start a new Muse song by the weekend, and i'll definitely post some pics when the guitars are finished. So that's what i've been up to the last few weeks, hope you guys are having as much fun as i am. Take care, B_S

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...