Free Recording Rocksmith Allowed Software?

Periphery_

Question

13 answers to this question

If you have a nVidia graphics card, there is Geforce Experience which can record your gameplay in the background. I don't recommend bandicam because it adds a small bar at the top. OBS might be good if you wanna do some livestreaming, or even just some recording.

OBS is definitely the way to go, it has a very low impact on computing performance, and a high recording quality (no sync and frame loss). And it is completely free opensource cross platform ...you are not depending on a company...

I have a gtx1050 and never knew about the shadow record feature....kudo's for learning me something today.and thank you...but I have a question for you all.anyone ever check out chordify.com  I ran across it by accident the other day.but it plays youtube videos on the right and transcribes them on the left...only chords tho witch is the bad part [would rather see notes like rocksmith on the fretboard] but its still a pretty neat lil web site..best thing about it is it had every song ever made.i even thought up some old songs I thought it wouldn't have..and it had every one...I think it works off youtube...so if its on youtube this website will transcribe it in chords.i have noticed the transcribed measure is a few beats off but its still kinda cool.but my question is you think customforge would incorporate something like this in the rstoolkit to help/make easier the making of custom cdlc..my reasoning for this is..i play bass,rythem,and a lil lead..i use RS for the lead practice.cause I need it lol.but just knowing the root chords of songs greatly helps with bass and rythem. and sorry bout my spelling..i just woke up :p

sorry still waking up...is like earily morning in ohio.usa...I didn't explain my thinking correct in the 1st post....I mean like one day we open rstoolkit...link a youtube video to it and maybe the tab from ultimate tab/tabpro whatever.push a button and walla….rs cdlc it born..just a thought..im not pc savy so rstoolkit and making cdlc's is just greek to me..thanks again

For some reason shadowplay can't record my sound in rocksmith. am I doing something wrong?

If your using ingame amps, it's probably the exclusivity option.

I can record both, ingame, and my usb connected Blackstar amp, with shadowplay.

But now only using the Blackstar here.

Else google search will help you find this pretty quickly, I had same problems when I started.

I remember something about settings in device properties, not the ingame setting.

There you can do that exlusivity setting.

But I had a recent fresh Win10 Install, and did not need to change anything this time, all worked.

But in the past I had to set it up in device properties also.

the audio exclusivity settings for rocksmith are a bit of a troll imo, while I did manage to finally get it working, rocksmith still decides when it does or doesnt want to give me a pop up warning or 2 about the sound not functioning correctly on game launch (just click ok, sound still works fine for me), and not sure if this option also relates to seemingly more random crashes in general, not too many to be super annoying, but def a bit unstable... however, it was the necessary evil for me to get my setup working for streaming with a mic working and recording videos with audio.

go to options, audio and audio exclusivity unchecked. after restarting the game, if it still you leaves you with no audio at all you might have to close again and reconfigure the audio setup in the desktop sound/speaker options in the bottom right of the taskbar. make sure the Rocksmith USB cable also has exclusivity unchecked, and while in the tab for good measure just check all the other signal pathways are sending/receiving to all the right places as well ie headphones as headphones, mic as mic, rocksmith usb NOT as the headphones mic etc, mine were all scrambled for some reason. I don't remember the exact process I had to follow in the end, just that I remember it was a bit of hassle, but more than a few people have googled the question so better info is out there about it if this doesnt work for you

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/802854-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ

can't recommend streamlabs (OBS/SLOBS) enough, havent tried the option myself yet but pretty sure I saw it can auto stream to any/all of twitch/mixer/youtube simultaneously, take your pick of platform(s), or, though i'd say def primarily for streaming, the record option also works great with or without streaming.

i'm off to research more on this shadowplay option and playing out my own amp

OBS can build scenes with different video and audio sources, and flip them the way to make your play parrallel to the RS Screen.

I don't know any other software that flexible.

it got an option to pause recording, and resume in a unique file,

it streams easily, I was told it also has add-ons like

streamlabs for additional for live streaming options,

which i didn't try

https://obsproject.com/

https://streamlabs.com/

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/categories/obs-studio-plugins.6/?page=1