http://rockprodigy.com/y.

Bornwild

Question

Whole reason behind rocksmith's note highway is to bring in new guitar players, Rocksmith was never meant for veteran guitar players, rocksmith was ALWAYS geared towards the Guitar Hero/Rock Band crowd who wanted to graduate from a plastic instrument to the real thing. If you like reading tabs better. Then by all means. Get Rock Prodigy but you are probably going to be sorely disappointed in the assortment of music.. not to mention most of the lessons are on Scales and Chords.. so don't let the 85 lessons fool you. One lesson is one set of chords.. or one scale to which you will practice.

Also Rock Prodigy doesn't support anything new that Rocksmith doesn't. There were no ghost notes when I played it or nothing like that.. its basically Rocksmith in a tab format.. and we all know how that turned out with Bandfuse. Does it make a difference its made by a guitar manufacturer and not a game studio? no. The people who made rocksmith are just as passionate about music as those who make guitars. The format is different. That is all... and Rocksmith costs a hell of a lot less.. and so does the DLC for Rocksmith.. DLC for RP is 4 bucks a song. Also when I played it. Rock Prodigy does not have amp or tone modeling at all. Rocksmith's tone modeling software comes from an VERY expensive program.. called Amptitude (I think is the name of it) if you own or buy that.. you will recognize it almost instantly.. because its exactly the same setup and graphics that Rocksmith 1 used for its Amp mode. I believe the program is like 200 bucks (for everything.. not including downloadable effect pedals).

I can read tabs now for the most part.. but to play them at speed.. I prefer rocksmith, cause I played guitar hero for years and years (until it died off). So my suggestion to anyone, get what you like ^^ don't sit around and complain cause one doesnt have this or doesn't have this! Just play :D

I own Amplitube 3 and it's miles ahead of sound or customizing quality compared to RS virtual gear. Only things i miss in rocksmith is freely adjustable camera angles and better tools for sound creation for example graphical EQ's and ability to use impulses would be great :P

Firstly I think it's important that you learn how to read tab. Outside of locksmith everything is written in tablature.

Second, this type of instruction is what locksmith is sorely lacking. In addition to all the features that rock Smith currently has, if it also had a teaching program like this built into it it would be the complete package.

As it stands currently Brocksmith is pretty much just a program to teach you how to learn songs.

PS sorry about the spelling but I don't type I just use my voice recognition on iPhone.

• Administrator

The lesson in Rocksmith are pretty good and deserve to be done many times to really get it right, it's not here just to decorate.

Even after my countless hour of play i still go some lesson, it's really helpfull when you're stuck on something.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I am not saying the lessons and rock Smith are any good. Quite the opposite I think the lessons and rock Smith are excellent. Very well done. But they are almost entirely technique based.

Here is the example I will give. If you took a complete beginner and gave Finn rock Smith for six months let him go through all of the lessons, let him go through all of the songs, and assuming at the end of six months he could flawless I still don't think I would consider him a guitar player.

Here's why. If you took that same person and threw him up on stage with say a blues band and he had to play a song he has never played before and the lead guitarist said okay this is a 12 bars of blues in the key of G and we're changing to the key of B-flat after the drum solo I don't think he would be able to play the song.

And by the way, the quality and playability of rock Smith is far superior to rock prodigy. Please don't take my posts the wrong way I think rock Smith is the shit. Just wish it had an actual teaching program built in.

• Administrator

Well that's why there a session, to play a 12 bar blues and you don't need to be able to improvise witha band to be a guitar player.

Improvisation is a master skills at any instrument that's not part of any basics. I didn't take your post in the wrong way, i just think that RS is always underrated and some part of this game are not used enough like session mode or the arcade games for exemple.

But clearly learning to improvised is something really hard but the session mode can really help you there.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

To be quite honest I hate Rocksmith point of view. I can't play without using the invert string thing. It's not only against music theory because the higher notes in pitch come in the lower strings but it's against your own point of view of the instrument while you are playing (unless you are looking into a mirror while you play, which would also invert the hand you use, so that makes me think Rocksmith is even more awkward than I thought on the beginning).

Just tried it with the rocksmith cable and it worked. But maaaaan....

Is it just me or does that instructor dude have an annoying scrawny-teenager-voice?

Anyone else having a problem with garbled sound..?

Have contacted the support people but if anyone here can help me out before they get in touch I'd be very grateful!

Had the same problem with Amplitude too and couldn't be bothered so uninstalled it but I'd quite like to give Rock Prodigy a go and see how it is. :mrgreen:

Got it sorted this morning thanks to a thread on the official Rocksmith forum about Amplitube. Just had to disable and then enable my PC speakers whilst Rock Prodigy was running then quit and restart. Problem solved!  :mrgreen:

I did, it works.

I can't seem to get it to work with the Rocksmith cable.  How did you do it?  Thanks!

If I remember correctly you just plug it in and away you go. Are you getting any sound at all out of it..? And does the cable work okay with Rocksmith..?

To be quite honest I hate Rocksmith point of view. I can't play without using the invert string thing. It's not only against music theory because the higher notes in pitch come in the lower strings but it's against your own point of view of the instrument while you are playing (unless you are looking into a mirror while you play, which would also invert the hand you use, so that makes me think Rocksmith is even more awkward than I thought on the beginning).

This is why Rock smith gives you the option to invert the fretboard. Voila, tab. (Or near enough)
  • Like 1