http://rockprodigy.com/y.

Bornwild

Question

Does it support bass, or have custom content for bass players?  

I don't think it has bass. Now that you mention it that is strange. How can I be a rock Legend without bass ? :roll:

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

See, the thing I need is not "look, here's a scale...now go learn it" but "Here's a scale, and this is how you could create a song from it"

My biggest issue isn't the theory itself, but knowing how to apply it. Which notes can I play, where and why?

I think I need to go see a teacher, basically. Would probably be the best option

• Administrator

The session mode in rocksmith can really help you go with that too it indicate the scale right on the fretboard and you just have to play all the rest follow

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

See, the thing I need is not "look, here's a scale...now go learn it" but "Here's a scale, and this is how you could create a song from it"

My biggest issue isn't the theory itself, but knowing how to apply it. Which notes can I play, where and why?

I think I need to go see a teacher, basically. Would probably be the best option

Rock prodigy teaches you a scale then walks you through a tune using that scale.

The session mode in rocksmith can really help you go with that too it indicate the scale right on the fretboard and you just have to play all the rest follow

I need to delve into it more now that I understand theory a little bit more. Do you know if there's a way to view/show what chords can be played too?

Rock prodigy teaches you a scale then walks you through a tune using that scale.

That sounds ideal, this is sounding more and more like my thing. I'm off on thursday, I'll have a look at getting a demo and trying it out.

• Administrator

the chords are just different note assembled together, so using the indicated note of the scale you will be able to construct chords/double stop around it's pretty easy if you take your time to take a good look at the fretboard and try to recognize different patern (power chords pattern are almost the easiest to find).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I need to delve into it more now that I understand theory a little bit more. Do you know if there's a way to view/show what chords can be played too?

That sounds ideal, this is sounding more and more like my thing. I'm off on thursday, I'll have a look at getting a demo and trying it out.

I know what you mean by learning how to apply the scale. I too have no idea. But if they did that I guess they would be writing a song for you. Hang in there someday we will be rockstars ! :D

BTW I bought the BB King track today just to see what I get for $3.99 It gives you 3 levels to learn to play it. And hell no it ain't easy !

• Like 1

I know what you mean by learning how to apply the scale. I too have no idea. But if they did that I guess they would be writing a song for you. Hang in there someday we will be rockstars ! :D

BTW I bought the BB King track today just to see what I get for $3.99 It gives you 3 levels to learn to play it. And hell no it ain't easy !

It's an odd feeling. It's like there's a link in the chain that's just missing. 

I know how to play. I know the key I'd want to play in and the scale I would use.

I know various mode shapes and scale patterns, but I have absolutely no idea where to start in putting it all together :p

It's the weirdest thing, but hopefully session mode and potentially rockprodigy will help. And it doesn't help that I'm very impatient :D

It's an odd feeling. It's like there's a link in the chain that's just missing. 

I know how to play. I know the key I'd want to play in and the scale I would use.

I know various mode shapes and scale patterns, but I have absolutely no idea where to start in putting it all together :P

It's the weirdest thing, but hopefully session mode and potentially rockprodigy will help. And it doesn't help that I'm very impatient :D

I suppose you would need a tune stuck in your head to start.  Session mode is kind of worthless to me. Yea it shows you what notes you can play but you need to have some music skill to apply it I guess. If you figure it out let me be the first to know. :-P

Hey I hope you applied the code to get 30% off. I never would have bought it for $100.00

I think I'll download the demo this week and give it a try.

At my age sending $70.00 if it helps me learn how to play guitar better isn't too bad.

I've defiantly thrown away more money than that on stupider things in my life.

• Like 2

At my age sending $70.00 if it helps me learn how to play guitar better isn't too bad.

Hey you already made a great custom why do you need that thought you were already a rockstar. ;) Yea I thrown away many dollars trying to learn. When you finally get totally pissed we will get together and smash the shit out of our guitars. It will definitely teach you how to play tabs though.

Hey you already made a great custom why do you need that thought you were already a rockstar. ;) Yea I thrown away many dollars trying to learn. When you finally get totally pissed we will get together and smash the shit out of our guitars. And drink many beers. Some jail time might also be in that get together.  :wink:

Hey you already made a great custom why do you need that thought you were already a rockstar. ;) Yea I thrown away many dollars trying to learn. When you finally get totally pissed we will get together and smash the shit out of our guitars. It will definitely teach you how to play tabs though.

Oh! Man. I'm know where near as good as you think I am. I hope to have my next custom here by the end of the week. I've been working on it for the last 3 to 4 weeks.

I can't wait until I'm good enough at making these that they take only a day. Shitty tabs. #@%&?

Oh! Man. I'm know where near as good as you think I am. I hope to have my next custom here by the end of the week. I've been working on it for the last 3 to 4 weeks.

I can't wait until I'm good enough at making these that they take only a day. Shitty tabs. #@%&?

Any hints on what it might be? Another classic I hope.

Tested and could be useful, i like the horizontal view as i have played from tabs before rocksmith. In RS it is sometimes problematic to see behind clutter of chords and i wish there was an adjustable camera angle, so i could tilt it slightly up to see further on the chart.

Rock prodigy is a bit too pricey for it's content in my opinion.

I agree I like the sideways Note track better and the number system. use promo code (4PACK30) that will take 30% off But yea too price unless you are a complete beginner.

When I first saw the announcement for Rocksmith I was like crazy, but then they showed some screenshots and I was like, "WTF?", couldn't they do something closer to guitar tabs? There was already the Pro Guitar thing on Rock Band so I was think the way the put the thing together was kinda dumb, but after playing Rocksmith I see is not that bad.

When I first saw the announcement for Rocksmith I was like crazy, but then they showed some screenshots and I was like, "WTF?", couldn't they do something closer to guitar tabs? There was already the Pro Guitar thing on Rock Band so I was think the way the put the thing together was kinda dumb, but after playing Rocksmith I see is not that bad.

If rocksmith was tabbed like rock prodigy I probally would not have bought it. Didn't understand at the time. But now think tabs are better.

If rocksmith was tabbed like rock prodigy I probally would not have bought it. Didn't understand at the time. But now think tabs are better.

I have a friend that never liked tabs and just started learning guitar because of Rocksmith. I bet he wouldn't have bought too xD

But Rocksmith system is not bad, is just a little strange on the beggining to those used to tabs.

Between the tab layout and the rocksmith layout I wonder which is best for actually learning?

My background is in synth type music (video game scores pretty much), but I never liked the synth distorted guitar (still no good synth high gain guitar exists to this day), so I ended up learning how to play guitar.  I can decipher tabs, but when I compose using synths, I use a piano roll type format (as this is what usually happens using synths), and they both end up being equivalent.To cut to the chase, having a playing style that is closer to tabs is not much of an advantage to me, just because of my background going between multiple formats.  However if a tab-like format is natively more intuitive to the human mind in learning then that is something I would want to look into.

• Administrator

None is more intuitive.

For musical theory the tab display is more logicial : higher note are higher on the sheet.

But compared to the actual way you look at your guitar neck, it's completely the opposite higher note are at the bottom...

But Rocksmith display the way you're looking at your neck when playing which is the opposite of musical theory.

It will basicly depends of what you're used to look at or your musical background... I was used to both and none is a problem for me looking at a tab or RS is "easy" to read, i go faster on RS to playing it at full speed for the first time because i can easily relate to what i see when i look at the neck but the tab is more logical for pure musical theory way which make it easy to write or relate to a riff i just discover i used both in different situation because of my background and the way i started to learn guitar but if someone was only reading tab for years, changing this could be pretty damn hard and overall useless since there is no real avantage between this two display option.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Whole reason behind rocksmith's note highway is to bring in new guitar players, Rocksmith was never meant for veteran guitar players, rocksmith was ALWAYS geared towards the Guitar Hero/Rock Band crowd who wanted to graduate from a plastic instrument to the real thing. If you like reading tabs better. Then by all means. Get Rock Prodigy but you are probably going to be sorely disappointed in the assortment of music.. not to mention most of the lessons are on Scales and Chords.. so don't let the 85 lessons fool you. One lesson is one set of chords.. or one scale to which you will practice.

Also Rock Prodigy doesn't support anything new that Rocksmith doesn't. There were no ghost notes when I played it or nothing like that.. its basically Rocksmith in a tab format.. and we all know how that turned out with Bandfuse. Does it make a difference its made by a guitar manufacturer and not a game studio? no. The people who made rocksmith are just as passionate about music as those who make guitars. The format is different. That is all... and Rocksmith costs a hell of a lot less.. and so does the DLC for Rocksmith.. DLC for RP is 4 bucks a song. Also when I played it. Rock Prodigy does not have amp or tone modeling at all. Rocksmith's tone modeling software comes from an VERY expensive program.. called Amptitude (I think is the name of it) if you own or buy that.. you will recognize it almost instantly.. because its exactly the same setup and graphics that Rocksmith 1 used for its Amp mode. I believe the program is like 200 bucks (for everything.. not including downloadable effect pedals).

I can read tabs now for the most part.. but to play them at speed.. I prefer rocksmith, cause I played guitar hero for years and years (until it died off). So my suggestion to anyone, get what you like ^^ don't sit around and complain cause one doesnt have this or doesn't have this! Just play :D