http://rockprodigy.com/y.

Bornwild

Question

Tried it at a friends house.. its basically a more expansive set of lessons than rocksmith.. but without ANY official songs at all. The mic detection SUCKS.. it has to be DEAD quiet in your room for the mic to be able to register a note correctly. For learning guitar.. its good.. for learning songs, it sucks.

• Like 1

Tried it at a friends house.. its basically a more expansive set of lessons than rocksmith.. but without ANY official songs at all. The mic detection SUCKS.. it has to be DEAD quiet in your room for the mic to be able to register a note correctly. For learning guitar.. its good.. for learning songs, it sucks.

Lol figured as much but I think you can use the realtone cable with it. Don't really think it's worth the money. Think we can learn more from Youtube.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

I did, it works.

So would you buy it ?

No I wouldn't. It teaches you how to play guitar (Perhaps better then rocksmith) but it doesn't teach you how to play songs. It has NO officially licensed music from any band at all.

As far customs in that game.. it supports the exact same techniques in a song as rocksmith does... the only difference is the highway. I am not sure on the tech side of things and what kind of files it uses, i didnt get to play around with it to long.

So that begs the question, do you want to learn how to play songs or do you want to learn how to play the guitar?

If you learn how to play songs then that's what you will play just the songs you know. But if you learn how to play guitar then you should be able to play any song.

My point is, like me, I assume most people want to learn how to play the guitar.

• Like 1

• Administrator

But learning to play a song in particular can help you learning to play guitar, there's no right or wrong way, every body choose the tool they prefer but looking at the price for one course compared to how much time i spent on RS, it does not seems to worth it at the moment but i personnally have a good background in music that help me.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It has NO officially licensed music from any band at all.

Maybe not included with the game, but it seems like it has songs available for purchase as DLC. I saw a demo video for Rock Prodigy where the guy was playing "Beast and the Harlot" and this Rock Prodigy description page on Apple's website lists in-app purchases for songs:https://itunes.apple.com/co/app/guitar-lessons-rock-prodigy/id407303228?l=en&mt=8Although $4 is pretty spendy for guitar only. I don't know if it does any guitar effect modeling either, or at least that wasn't shown in the BatH video. I'm not sure I'm ready to shell out $100 for the full course set.

Apparently they have a promo code (4PACK30) that will take 30% off the price of the complete pack, it's the only one their support staff mentioned, but it's possible they have other secret codes. There's a free demo of the program, it may be worth a try. The support guy mentioned you can buy song DLC without having to buy the lesson packs, and that the DLC is built with master tracks so you can blend your guitar amp in with the song. Otherwise he said Rock Prodigy focuses more on lessons.

Apparently they have a promo code (4PACK30) that will take 30% off the price of the complete pack, it's the only one their support staff mentioned, but it's possible they have other secret codes. There's a free demo of the program, it may be worth a try. The support guy mentioned you can buy song DLC without having to buy the lesson packs, and that the DLC is built with master tracks so you can blend your guitar amp in with the song. Otherwise he said Rock Prodigy focuses more on lessons.

Thanks for the code brings it down to 69.95 Still on the fence with this one.

Tested and could be useful, i like the horizontal view as i have played from tabs before rocksmith. In RS it is sometimes problematic to see behind clutter of chords and i wish there was an adjustable camera angle, so i could tilt it slightly up to see further on the chart.

Rock prodigy is a bit too pricey for it's content in my opinion.

Tested and could be useful, i like the horizontal view as i have played from tabs before rocksmith. In RS it is sometimes problematic to see behind clutter of chords and i wish there was an adjustable camera angle, so i could tilt it slightly up to see further on the chart.

Rock prodigy is a bit too pricey for it's content in my opinion.

I agree I like the sideways Note track better and the number system. use promo code (4PACK30) that will take 30% off But yea too price unless you are a complete beginner.

So how are you finding this Bornwild? Would you recommend it or are we thinking that it's best just to stick to Rocksmith and the internet for now?

Actually I quite like it. Playing rocksmith for 7 months was ok but never really learned much about the ins and out of playing music. I was desperate to learn more and the online lessons were ok but did not sink in. I would recommend this but it is pricy. Download the program and play learn your first song and that will give you a feel what its about.

• Like 1

See, I think this is what I need. 

I'm fine with Rocksmith, I can happily play along with songs, but when I turn it off and pick up my guitar I'm pretty lost for what to do. I think Rock Prodigy could be an excellent companion to RS.

That is exactly my problem no memory retention. :mad: A few days playing this hopefully will make me understand better.