Mywk

New here! I recently acquired Rocksmith, awesome game, can’t get my hands of it (literally), especially with CustomsForge.

I have however been having some issues with the old NoCableLauncher so I’ve been working the last few days to improve the work Maxx53 has done and finally got it to a release state.

My onboard soundcard allows me to play without any notice'able latency so I'll not be acquiring a hardware dongle or an extra audio card, the reason why I decided to improve the software is because I wanted to be able to chat on discord at the same time I'm playing without buying the dongle.

ncl_s_screenshot.png

It’s now time to share it with all of you, so you can find it here!

Source code is also available on GitHub.

Before you ask, this is exclusively for Steam!

Getting Started
  1. Unpack the file "NoCableLauncher" to any folder.

2. Open the file "NoCableLauncher".

3. Run "NoCableLauncher" to play Rocksmith 2014 using your own audio interface!

Note: If you want to edit the settings again you can simply open the file "NCL_EditSettings.bat".

Onboard soundcard

For those who, like me, don't have an extra audio capture device, there are two available options for single player mode:

Disable devices and re-enable on game close
All audio capture devices except the one used in game will be disabled when the game opens and re-enabled when the game closes.

Note: This prevents you from using other capture devices, for example if you want to be in a call while you play.

Prevent game from recognizing more devices
All audio capture devices except the one used in-game will be disabled when the game opens.

After the game is opened and in the main menu, press ALT-TAB to leave the game and press 'OK' on the message prompt, this will prevent the game from recognizing any other device and re-enable the disabled ones.

This allows you to use your microphone or any other device outside the game (assuming the game is not in exclusive mode).

If you are asking "How can I know this is safe?", the sourcecode is available, feel free to compile it yourself or even improve it!

Download:  HERE

Source-code: GitHub

Any bugs you find or problems you have let me know and I’ll gladly try to find a suitable solution, meanwhile, enjoy

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I am looking into using this now that I am dusting off my old Rocksmith license on Steam after a 4 year break. I have since acquired an Axe Fx III and I am trying to figure out how to use this unit with my PC without having to use the official Rocksmith USB cable (I already have the cable but want to give it to my brother if I don't need it anymore).

I am trying to figure out the easiest and lowest latency way to take the dry DI track that I can send from the Axe Fx unit to my PC, through its USB connection to my PC with the Axe being the audio interface for my PC (people usually do this to record the DI from the guitar for reamping later), and have that link into Rocksmith. The problem is I am a complete newbie about digital audio (once it gets into the PC), audio interfaces, DAWs, etc..

Do I need to use an actual software DAW to make this work, or is it possible to directly link this DI input from my Axe as the audio interface into Rocksmith using this patch? If so, are there any ticks I will have to do to make sure I am selecting the right input track to send to Steam (the Axe has 8 different USB audio tracks that it can send, and I'll need to just pick the one with the DI track).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@Niz0 The point is to benefit from the in game tone simulation, the microphone deactivate that part to avoid feedback, using a no-cable crack allows to bypass that "issue".

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Kizoge said:

Link or the post from @Luckyoldme both are not working to get this nocable anymore. Anyone still have a source to get this?

Get it from github.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 4 months later...

So I downloaded the no cable patch. Ran it, used it to launch the game still got the error about exclusivity. Disabled all other recording inputs. that fixed that but the game still says the cable isn't plugged in and I can't tune my guitar or anything in the game. what am I missing?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all. I have today the same Probleme. Yesterday all works fine with the No Cable Launcher. But today after i Installed Ableton Light, it dosnt work anymore. I have tested the RSMod, but that dosnt work too. When i look in the Recording tab, my Behringer Interface shows up and record the Guitar. But it dosnt work anymore on the game.