New to CDLC, Game freezes after song selection

79FormulaBird

Question

They there. I'm new here and I can't seem to figure out how to get these songs to work. I'm using the steam version of RS2014 RM. I do have Cherub Rock purchased and installed, and I have the CDLC files in my DLC folder, and I have tried 4 different d3dx9_42.dll files and nothing has worked. The game locks up as soon as the speakers finish dropping after tuning/pressing play if already tuned. Any ideas?

14 answers to this question

So I have the D3DX9.dll in the main Rocksmith folder, and I have the CDLC files inside of a folder named "CDLC", and that folder is inside of the dlc folder.

Tl;dr: the path to the D3DX9.dll is D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014, and the path to the CDLC is D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/CDLC.

I'm trying to use the CFSM toolkit but idk if I'm using it correctly

Edit: No, I'm not sure if any of this is right lol

• Like 1

I have tried all of the above.  I have cherub rock, I tried putting the songs into a custom folder and that didnt work.  So I moved them to the DLC folder and it still wont work.  I get to the tuner, and right after that it starts to lod the song and just does nothing.  I am looking at the two speaker loading screen forever.  I dont knwo why it wont work, I have followed all the troublshooting.

I have tried all of the above.  I have cherub rock, I tried putting the songs into a custom folder and that didnt work.  So I moved them to the DLC folder and it still wont work.  I get to the tuner, and right after that it starts to lod the song and just does nothing.  I am looking at the two speaker loading screen forever.  I dont knwo why it wont work, I have followed all the troublshooting.

If it doesn't work after the tuner then it means you don't have the .dll installed correctly or haven't patched the game correctly if on mac.

Read this

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

im having the same issue but have played the game fine had separate folder for cdlc's game played fine then i put the new .dll file ine where i had the other one in the main game folder. and now all it does is get past the tuner then nothing freezes up have to use task manger to close it or restart my pc. I'm wanting to go back to the other .dll file cuz it was working until i change it. already did windows  update before any of the new stuff and  amd now im getting fusstraded cuz i cant play it