Tones not working - Customs corrupting all songs!

SpeedyG

Question

There seems to be a major problem with peeps creating customs songs that corrupt pretty much all other songs with regards to 'custom tones'.

I am playing Bass and its really quite obvious that after applying custom songs to rocksmith 2014 the tone get really quiet and ANNOYINGLY TINNY!

This is incredibly frustrating! I have deleted all my customs and started again from scratch.

...Now second time around AGAIN! I am encountering this issue.

Two Points of topic:

1) Has anyone else experienced this issue.

2) We need some sort of vetting process to stop customs getting uploaded which corrupt the tone. Maybe something on the RS Toolkit to stop this from happening? 

I now have to delete all the songs AGAIN! and start from the beginning :(

9 answers to this question

1 Over 100 times... I use separate amp when death arrives, so not big deal for me.

2 as alex360 said, with latest Toolkit almost all dead toners will vanish.

There seems to be a major problem with peeps creating customs songs that corrupt pretty much all other songs with regards to 'custom tones'.

Sorry didn't get this?  Dead tone corrupt's only tone in game (pc), after you restart, songs that are not dead toner will play normal. Though i'm not sure about consoles, and mac. You don't have to delete anything, just don't play it again... remove from dlc folder so no more accidents.

You can easily fix dead toners with latest toolkit, and if you just want to avoid them look list in top of general topic, mainly centered to guitar, but its quite obvious, if guitar is dead then is bass too... and sure you can send me report of your list of Bass dead toners, to help others... encountering same thing... or fix things.

So you just unpack and repack offending psarc's with the updated toolkit?

No, you need to regenerate it, use "Import package" feature and generate cdlc from it (its even easy than unpackrepack for me).

1 Over 100 times... I use separate amp when death arrives, so not big deal for me.

2 as alex360 said, with latest Toolkit almost all dead toners will vanish.

Sorry didn't get this?  Dead tone corrupt's only tone in game (pc), after you restart, songs that are not dead toner will play normal. Though i'm not sure about consoles, and mac. You don't have to delete anything, just don't play it again... remove from dlc folder so no more accidents.

You can easily fix dead toners with latest toolkit, and if you just want to avoid them look list in top of general topic, mainly centered to guitar, but its quite obvious, if guitar is dead then is bass too... and sure you can send me report of your list of Bass dead toners, to help others... encountering same thing... or fix things.

I can't speak for a console but this does work this way on a mac.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

I can't speak for a console but this does work this way on a mac.

That's not nice... that's catastrophical. Good these song corrupters for mac are now somehow sorted, estimated 80 % are on list...% should be 99% for sake of Maccers... but i alone can't do that...so many songs, and can't (not willing) to test bass...

Me, Lucky one, just restart when tired play with amp, and wanna enjoy again charters awe tones ... but now... very soon, when evening arrives, i will kiss my PC to sleep . :-P

If you want add help notes, for maccers i can copy paste them to my list topic... it can be universal... so are we...

i seem to encounter a similar problem, which might not have something to do with dead notes (?!)

but this corruption, i have it - maybe -  somehow any song with distortion is now overdistorted. for sure i use a peavey with active preamps, i know this sounds rediculous, but the songs weren't overdistorted in the first place..just started yesterdy.

what i do is selecting a soundsetup which doesnt use any distortion ( which kind of negates the unique sounds of some songs), or lower volumes on said pedals, etc.

i had to emergency-shut down my pc yesterday due to a water spilling on my pc. now im afraid, some custom tone is stuck on general settings. even in menu i still have to activate my own non-distorted custom sound setting to avoid heavy distortion besides from perma-muting all strings.

this sucks :/    help me anyone ?!

cheeers