State of CustomsForge - Full - 10/18/2019

Unleashed2k

As a user I am extremely grateful for this site. If it didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have gotten so far playing guitar, since I spent my first 3 years just playing CDLCs, which surprisingly tuned up my skills quite quickly while keeping it fun.

As its newsletter writer I am grateful that it allowed me to create a magazine in which I have total creative freedom, the dream of any journalist.

Thank you Unleashed2k and the rest of CF's staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry man but thats the truth this site is just a forum with a big database and everything like you said i really dont want to get into your shoes i know that running this website is a big responsibility ;but there must have been a hugh mistakes made in the past 2 years

Because noting has changed ; there is still not a proper search engine for people to search and find out new songs

When you post a cdlc its got buried upon others cdlcs and you will never know what you missed because the system of this forum is super old and not changed for the past 2 years ; Theres got to be a rating system for people to know the good charts (and ive said it like 2 years ago)

Theres got to be a suggestion system for people to get suggestions for good new charts they might like

And get people encouragement to download the good cdlcs of this site

and last one theres got to be encouragement system for charters ; because no one ever saying "Thank you" or good words and thats not all youre fault because people(me included) dont like to say thank you for things but thats the way it works If you dont people will get much less quailty

charts and less rare charts that got no tabs online

A rating system will never happen and it was the downfall of the previous site before CF. A user can rate a custom bad just for not liking the artist. I was there around the end of SA and the rating system hurt a lot of charters. Rated songs 0 even if the CDLC was good. What we will introduce is a new like or report system. You can like it if you enjoy it, and add it to your collection. Or you can report the cdlc and give reasons why. But we will NEVER introduce a star rating system.

No proper search engine? Ignition is our search engine and does its job I have no clue what you are on about.

I agree there has been problems within the last 2 years we were near deep with an ignition prototype and our developer disappeared. We had to start over and that screwed us pretty hard. That's why this time I was involved so I could help document and learn the code.

But I still don't understand how you don't use Ignition properly. I have thousands of CDLC even after my hard drive crashed its not hard to discover CDLC if you go through artist view and download songs. I'm going to have to majorly disagree with you there.

I found out that the Ulitimate-guitar rating system is pretty good ; It needs 3 votes to show the rating and if the user update his tab the rating is starting all over again ; you can also make it that only users with 50+ messages can rate a cdlc ; but still i can understand how trolls can ruin the charts i just trying to find away that people will find out the good cdlcs over the bad ones

My problem about the search engine is that i cant found out what im looking for

For example i want: 2000s music ; female fronted ; pop ; youre search system doesnt allow me to make it and thats what need to be fix

Because when i want to put up some rare charts in this website they are just got buried upon others cdlcs and getting really low downloads

and thats because people dont know what it is ; and people wont click on them (even to show up the video)  because there are too many cdlcs

Maybe my solution is to force charters to do at least 3 Tags to explain what the songs are ; and that will show up next to the cdlc

Another solution is to give a medal(that people will think its like offical chart) next to trusted users who are known as making great cdlcs ; that way it will help people choose the good cdlcs

I appreciate youre work around this website and i understand you are working around to get a new version and its not all youre fault

Im as a charter i  dont really having fun when my cdlcs turn into a block of texts and people cannot discover them unless they know the bands name

And recently when putting up some rare cdlcs that got no tabs and getting 20 downloads+10 more after a week (on my new user)

Sometimes i request my cdlcs on twitch to get people to know the songs more but most of the streamers dont know those songs and already playing plenty more charts so people cant really get there what the songs about too

Thats why i prefer that people will know them here with a system that explain the cdlc rather then twitch where people just get to hear it played alongside many others and get confused

There's a thank you button on the bottom of the record page

And people dont click on it ;trust me i got too many cdlcs and its super rare to see some giving you a thank you

The new ignition will have tags, so that's a plus. 

Thats solve some problem and thats a good start ;

And my other suggestion are also good hope that there will be a full solution

lol.  Force charters to tag so that you can find songs based on the sex of the musician? Sounds like you don't know what you are looking for.

Sorry man but thats the truth this site is just a forum with a big database and everything like you said i really dont want to get into your shoes i know that running this website is a big responsibility ;but there must have been a hugh mistakes made in the past 2 years

Because noting has changed ; there is still not a proper search engine for people to search and find out new songs

When you post a cdlc its got buried upon others cdlcs and you will never know what you missed because the system of this forum is super old and not changed for the past 2 years ; Theres got to be a rating system for people to know the good charts (and ive said it like 2 years ago)

Theres got to be a suggestion system for people to get suggestions for good new charts they might like

And get people encouragement to download the good cdlcs of this site

and last one theres got to be encouragement system for charters ; because no one ever saying "Thank you" or good words and thats not all youre fault because people(me included) dont like to say thank you for things but thats the way it works If you dont people will get much less quailty

charts and less rare charts that got no tabs online

A rating system will never happen and it was the downfall of the previous site before CF. A user can rate a custom bad just for not liking the artist. I was there around the end of SA and the rating system hurt a lot of charters. Rated songs 0 even if the CDLC was good. What we will introduce is a new like or report system. You can like it if you enjoy it, and add it to your collection. Or you can report the cdlc and give reasons why. But we will NEVER introduce a star rating system.

No proper search engine? Ignition is our search engine and does its job I have no clue what you are on about.

I agree there has been problems within the last 2 years we were near deep with an ignition prototype and our developer disappeared. We had to start over and that screwed us pretty hard. That's why this time I was involved so I could help document and learn the code.

But I still don't understand how you don't use Ignition properly. I have thousands of CDLC even after my hard drive crashed its not hard to discover CDLC if you go through artist view and download songs. I'm going to have to majorly disagree with you there.

I found out that the Ulitimate-guitar rating system is pretty good ; It needs 3 votes to show the rating and if the user update his tab the rating is starting all over again ; you can also make it that only users with 50+ messages can rate a cdlc ; but still i can understand how trolls can ruin the charts i just trying to find away that people will find out the good cdlcs over the bad ones

My problem about the search engine is that i cant found out what im looking for

For example i want: 2000s music ; female fronted ; pop ; youre search system doesnt allow me to make it and thats what need to be fix

Because when i want to put up some rare charts in this website they are just got buried upon others cdlcs and getting really low downloads

and thats because people dont know what it is ; and people wont click on them (even to show up the video)  because there are too many cdlcs

Maybe my solution is to force charters to do at least 3 Tags to explain what the songs are ; and that will show up next to the cdlc

Another solution is to give a medal(that people will think its like offical chart) next to trusted users who are known as making great cdlcs ; that way it will help people choose the good cdlcs

I appreciate youre work around this website and i understand you are working around to get a new version and its not all youre fault

Im as a charter i  dont really having fun when my cdlcs turn into a block of texts and people cannot discover them unless they know the bands name

And recently when putting up some rare cdlcs that got no tabs and getting 20 downloads+10 more after a week (on my new user)

Sometimes i request my cdlcs on twitch to get people to know the songs more but most of the streamers dont know those songs and already playing plenty more charts so people cant really get there what the songs about too

Thats why i prefer that people will know them here with a system that explain the cdlc rather then twitch where people just get to hear it played alongside many others and get confused

There's a thank you button on the bottom of the record page

And people dont click on it ;trust me i got too many cdlcs and its super rare to see some giving you a thank you

The new ignition will have tags, so that's a plus. 

Thats solve some problem and thats a good start ;

And my other suggestion are also good hope that there will be a full solution

lol.  Force charters to tag so that you can find songs based on the sex of the musician? Sounds like you don't know what you are looking for.

Not only but i want to find specific genres ; which i still cant in this website

Can you find anything in all the pile of cdlcs in the website without looking into each one?

I guess you dont care about finding music through rocksmith but you cant make laugh of me for wanting that and this site still not lets me

And about the female artist ;

i try to find unique stuffs and female artist has that sometimes ; i dont like alot of the female artist vocals but some of them are super good

and brings unique stuff to the band ; please lets not talk about music nowdays which are mostly screaming and djent stuff which is super hard to listen to or play, so please dont laugh on me for wanting that

• Administrator

We have some new tools in development that will help you find and discover artists. The main problem was the time it took to rewrite the current ignition. It's almost done and even if we do not see some of the features requested here upon release, it will take a couple months instead of years to release any additional features. We already have genre tags (generated by a 3rd party api and not the user), a love system if you like a CDLC, and a report button. It's all looking good and I hope we can release this soon for everyone.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 2 weeks later...

@yaniv800 why is this important? I only used the laughing word (lol) because this request is really stupid and you and your entitled attitude bugs me. It is more of a cringe. You didn't make me laugh.

This tool lets you play a ton of songs on top of rocksmith's huge list. Discover what you like anywhere else... like a music player (spotify, itunes, youtube, the internet... search for whatever you are looking for...  Then see if it is in rocksmith. You want them to waste their time coding something when there are apps dedicated to do it?   :baby_symbol: This is nuts. You sound uninspired, lazy, and needy. Excuses, excuses. There are plenty of tools that let you listen to curated playlists geared for people trying to discover music but not look. Use one of them.  Then come here and play it on guitar.  Mods should not have to answer this.  Its just giving more attention to a ridiculous request. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you to Unleashed2K for keeping this site alive and rockin. 

I've rarely had problems downloading CDLC. Lately it's been slow - I've got a lot to work on! Still pretty great for a donation site...

I will continue to donate and support.

You rock! RPG3

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for everything you have been doing to keep the site alive. It's also good to see some of the dead CDLC's removed.

I have one issue though. Everytime I close the browser and return to login into CF, the site doesn't remember me so thus I login. Not a deal breaker sure, but now every time I do login, I get an email stating my account has been accessed by a new device. It literally is the same device, same browser as when I first created my account. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve it?

Thank you and Happy New Year to you all.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, TerentiusJ said:

Hey everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for everything you have been doing to keep the site alive. It's also good to see some of the dead CDLC's removed.

I have one issue though. Everytime I close the browser and return to login into CF, the site doesn't remember me so thus I login. Not a deal breaker sure, but now every time I do login, I get an email stating my account has been accessed by a new device. It literally is the same device, same browser as when I first created my account. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve it?

Thank you and Happy New Year to you all.

Totally agree and have the same log in issues. I have to use private browser mode to log in and it doesn't remember me the next time. 

• Like 1