Can not play cdlc on Mac via steam freezes after tuning

mikewiehle

Question

Hello all,

Been on here (CF) since start and have posted several cdlcs and mac user guide.  I am stumped.  Played RS about a week and a half ago, a few days later having changed nothing (did not add even 1 cdlc) the game locks (on cdlcs only - not on other "official" songs) after tuning and I get this screen (below).  I have removed all cdlcs from dlc folder except my oldest and most trusted 'back in black', made sure cherub was still there, and confirmed dll file was in root and properly named.  I am not a techie guy and am now lost.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (I am thinking about putting together a mac trouble shooting guide after reading all the threads, so please list fix with as much detail as possible).  Mike

ICan0dU.jpg

Patch doesn't work after Steam "upgrade", you can rollback using time vault before Oct 7th and it will remain working offline as when you connect to Steam then upgrades ( their word not mine) CF are trying to redo patch but given resources may take some time, all Mac users will be greatly appreciative once again when its working.

If your DLC are also not showing up remove the file to somewhere safe out of RS folder and reacquire and verify, hope this saves you searching all over the net as I have already

• Administrator

The patch on the Mac tutorial is entirely up to date with the latest update to make RS compatible with Catalina. It has been available for 4 days already :

https://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Cross posting from another thread, but same issue here. I've done everything (reinstall, download new patch, etc) a few times now and am dead in the water. Anyone having any luck with this?

The best solution I managed to get it working is this, but there are like 200 songs that does not recognize and  I can't login to Ubisoft servers any longer... but at least I managed to play 922 songs, sometimes it recognizes 933 ... some other 922... weird shit. (you have to apply the old patch to make this version works. 

• Yes, 64bit is out of beta.

• CDLC broken for all Mac users - Catalina or not, beta or not.

• Must roll back to keep CDLC working - if you don't have a local backup do this:

• Open steam://open/console

• Type download_depot 221680 221682 4859621902623758730

• Wait quite a loooooong time

• Move the files from obscure location (steam console will tell you where) to the usual place

• Rerun the patch

• Administrator

@@Amarillo114 The current mac patch should work on any mac OS, we have quite a fair share of user that had success with the updated patch. I don't have much info coming from user where it doesn't work so helping is near impossible and i don't have time to follow up on everyone situation either.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I’m using the latest version of the Mac patch on Mojave, on a 2015 MacBook Pro. Rocksmith is up to date, purchased from Steam.

*some* CDLC works, but others do not.

I don’t have a comparison for whether it worked previously, as I just purchased Rocksmith three or four days ago.

I’ve collected over 300 CDLC songs, but the majority freeze after tuning. A telltale sign I’ve identified that I’m fairly certain is a good predictor of failure is that the album art will not load, or the songs will not have the DLC tag.

But again, *some* CDLC tracks do work, even while having the faulty songs loaded.

I can scoop out song IDs if that’ll help, when I go home.

@@Amarillo114 The current mac patch should work on any mac OS, we have quite a fair share of user that had success with the updated patch. I don't have much info coming from user where it doesn't work so helping is near impossible and i don't have time to follow up on everyone situation either.

of course bro. And I'm VERY GRATEFUL to all the people involved in creating the patch. I'm running Mojave and if I update to the last version of Rocksmith and apply the new patch all the songs are "recognized" but for instance on some of them the cover is not showed and if I click on the track, it just disappear. Other songs freezes after tuning and some others works . I've to try it on Catalina (but at this moment I can't update because some other software may have compatibility issues). I tried to install the most recent version of Rocksmith and the new patch a couple of times but I had to rollover to my previous version because of this issue. Again, THANKS for all the work you're putting into this! 

Exactly the same, have to validate again and validates 6 files, unhelpfully doesn't say which ones. As latest update mentioned overlay problem I suspect that the move to 64bit has not been as painless as Steam hoped. The usual progression is that it will suddenly start working again without anyone saying what has changed but is more than frustrating. 

What I’m discovering is that it’s a problem with specific pieces of CDLC. Having even one “broken” song will prevent all other CDLC files from working. I’m having to manually add tracks more or less one at a time, and so far, 10-15% of songs appear to be broken.

The workflow I’m using is as follows:

Start rocksmith

Check all cdlc appears ok (album art loads, preview plays)

Back out to start screen

Command-Tab to Finder

Drag a few songs into CDLC folder

Command-Tab to Rocksmith

Check all cdlc again

If all cdlc appears ok, repeat. If cdlc is broken:

Quit rocksmith

Remove most recent cdlc

Try adding it one by one until you find the one that breaks the game

I’ll try to figure out what makes these cdlc files ruin everything... so far I’ve seen nothing in common, with regards to tracks, file size, length, special characters, etc. I’ll have to dig in with the toolkit.

• Administrator

@@ghost lineage if you could report which one broke things for you, we could do investiguation to see why they do so and if we can deploy some kind of fix for it. But without information, we can't really do much.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@ghost lineage if you could report which one broke things for you, we could do investiguation to see why they do so and if we can deploy some kind of fix for it. But without information, we can't really do much.

Thank you for your hard work and attention!

Songs that have broken the game thus far include:

Nine Inch Nails - Happiness in Slavery

Mike Oldfield - Sentinel

Milky Chance - Stolen Dance

Morrissey - Suedehead

Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Nature Boy

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Stagger Lee

Metric - Help I'm Alive

Metric - Breathing Underwater

Foo Fighters - Virginia Moon

I don't know whether links are allowed on this forum, but the Nick Cave and Morrissey tracks should be easy enough to identify, as I believe there's only one version of them on CustomsForge. 

Thanks again!

• Developer

@@ghost lineage  Have you tried using CFSM to repair your CDLC?  With what results?  Only two of the CDLC on your list have actually been released as Mac CDLC.  These were created with old versions of the toolkit (prior to Remastered).  Which means the others have all been converted from PC to Mac (again maybe with old version of the toolkit).  You should re-download the CDLC from Ignition and then re-convert them with a new version of the toolkit.  Let us know what your results are.

Footnote:  You may find some CDLC are not repairable with CFSM.  These need to be reauthored wth EOF and the toolkit.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@ghost lineage  Have you tried using CFSM to repair your CDLC?  With what results?  Only two of the CDLC on your list have actually been released as Mac CDLC.  These were created with old versions of the toolkit (prior to Remastered).  Which means the others have all been converted from PC to Mac (again maybe with old version of the toolkit).  You should re-download the CDLC from Ignition and then re-convert them with a new version of the toolkit.  Let us know what your results are.

Footnote:  You may find some CDLC are not repairable with CFSM.  These need to be reauthored wth EOF and the toolkit.

Yeah, I'm afraid I already repaired them, using the Song Manager. Strangely enough, though, *all* the CDLC that I've downloaded, I downloaded as _p.psarc, converted to _m.psarc, and repaired. Most tracks do work, though. This includes (first few songs that show up in CFSM):

Blur - Beetlebum

Neil Young - Southern Man 

Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know

Interpol - Not Even Jail

Chris Rea - Auberge

I don't believe the repair fixed any tracks that weren't working before.

Thanks!

• Developer

What version of toolkit and CFSM did you use for conversion/repair?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Can you try conversion on PC or VMware Windows instead of on Mac using latest version of PC tools?