MaZtoR

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

bass

36904323ue.jpg

36904334xt.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I usually just post my scores and split without giving much feedback, but i wanted to add to the Rodman appreciation society and give my owns words of encouragement and advice to everyone.

When I first joined the championship I wasn't sure if my place was in Advanced or Masterclass. All my noob questions were answered with patience and understanding and I felt very welcome just to give both a try and fit myself in at my own pace. I knew I could play blues licks pretty well, alright at fingerstyle playing, the faster metal rhythms... but I'd very rarely practice the really blitzy lead solos. I was probably right on the line of both classes, sometimes I could handle MC, sometimes I really couldn't.

Trying the higher difficulty songs, even if you feel they are far beyond your current skill, even if you think you don't really like the song... is definitely recommended, because even if you don't do very well it'll at least help you recognise exactly what your current weakness' are.

(Sweeping and tapping, raargh! I've said it before and will undoubtedly say it again! This weeks song.... RAAARGH!)

If you've been playing a long time and you get to a certain level, it's easy to get comfortable with what you know and, without realising, drift into only playing to your strengths, because that's what will obviously sound best, and nobody likes to intentionally sound bad do they!? I quickly realised I'd been avoiding practicing these techniques because they always sounded so terrible! Much easier to just play some blues licks, or a bit of fingerstyle....

I've since re-learned it's important to keep pushing yourself outside your comfort zone. This is how you will make the most progress. I would post an MC score and it wouldn't be great. Then I would see someone else post a much better score and I knew it was therefore possible, just not for me... yet. I didn't feel disheartened, I felt inspired. Time to practice.

And I made progress. Very substantial progress, in quite a short time-frame, especially compared to my overall time playing guitar, entirely down to this championship. I worked really hard on the sections I kept failing, slowing it down, building it up, try it again. Rinse, repeat. To my pleasant surprise I quickly started improving, started getting comparable scores. I even started winning some weeks... then I finally won overall MC 1st place.

However, in the back of my mind, I didn't feel it was an entirely deserved win because other notably better players had stopped competing. I didn't really know where to go from here either. I started to lose the motivation I'd had to keep pace because I was now the pacemaker. I'm guessing this is why the various previous champions eventually leave. As I myself did.

Then quite some time later I received an unexpected email, from none other than Rodman. Merry Xmas all, it's been a good year, all the best for the next... Rock on!

I'd been going through a bit of a rough patch in my personal life, I remembered how much fun I'd had playing previously and decided I'd rejoin to cheer myself up. I probably would not have done so without this email.

Upon returning I was really pleased to find there were better players around again. I quickly found that same inspiration from before and dug in. People who know me have said I was pretty good before, but recently they have said I'm getting very good. I don't say that to blow my own trumpet, just to point out it's further proof this championship really does help improve, quite dramatically at that.

Once again I set out to win. Once again I won. Once again I questioned whether it was fully deserved. Once again I considered leaving. I almost did.

But I thought about the inspiration I took from the leaders in my class I had worked towards beating. I never said anything, but I saw various people trying really hard to beat these scores, perhaps in the exact same way I myself had done previously. Yes I was 1st place, but some of you are regularly VERY hot on my heels and I enjoy being kept on my toes.

Then I started to get beaten, regularly! Ahhh nooooo. Better get practicing, even harder! It's the weeks with the back and forth rivalries that have seen me improve the most and I think it's really important to say that while it is nice to win, it's the constant noticeable improvements that are most pleasing.

Every now and then someone will drop in on a GoG song and thrash me, that's a nice humbling reminder that there is still room for improvement, especially with the new personal rating system to reference. We may be competing against each other, but we are mainly competing with ourselves.

I'm still picking up little hints and tips from people along the way, still regularly being introduced to cracking songs from cracking bands I haven't discovered before, still many reasons to keep at it.

Having recently ran a week myself, let me say it's surprisingly difficult finding a selection of songs to keep everyone at every level in every subclass happy. With only a finite selection of songs to source from it only gets harder avoiding repeats as time goes on, so kudos to all tabbers who continue to add to this and the organisers who find ways around it.

I haven't posted scores this week because I broke another high e string, and a low e string, and an a string (guitar techs put it down to my acidic sweatiness), then run out of old spares to reuse, but amazon have literally just delivered my multi-pack of new ones, so time to get back at it!

I just want to wrap this up by saying a very, very big thank you to everyone involved, for all the above reasons.

A very long post, no TL:DR, because a short summery wouldn't make up for my relative silence over previous years or give the competition the full recognition I feel it deserves.

For anyone still on the fence... Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you - Stay in the Championship - cause it's even better!

While you're at it, don't forget to ROCK!

Preach my brother, preach!

What shaggy said!  I have had the same elation of making it to first place in my category and the subsequent questioning of if I deserved it.  I have had some great battles with players like @@Sebb and @@Bounours in the beginner class, and now the intermediate class is getting quite competitive.  Steel sharpens steel, and these friendly rivalries keep me practicing every day, trying out songs I never would have tried without the championships.  You all in the higher classes inspire me to practice harder as you make impossible songs look easy.  So yeah....what shaggy said!

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

36905188qu.jpg

Rock On!

@@diceslinger - I´ll be back!

• Like 3

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Question - I did ask to be placed in Masterclass a couple of weeks ago for bass and have been posting Advanced/MC scores. 

Given the absolute complete fret fuckery that was Mother Man (my hands, ouch) and failing with 71%, I elect instead to ask to be put in Advanced for now. 

Link to Pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16byD_Xvp9JV0Ny69aYa2rV3unHndY9k_

Sabaton - Great War (Bass) - 98.31%

Rainbow -  Cant Let You Go (Bass) - 98.03%

Mother Man (Failed, womp womp). 

(Can my Learn A Song Score of 80.8% be counted or nah?)

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

Beg Rhyth, LAS is from yesterday, I can't seem to improve or even repeat it today in SA. Same with Int Lead, I keep failing on that one now.
20191003163257-1.jpg

Played some Int Rhyth, terrible too, least I made a small progress.
20191004122803-1.jpg

So I played something I knew I could tear up easily....  :lol: 
20191004122320-1.jpg

• Like 1

Question - I did ask to be placed in Masterclass a couple of weeks ago for bass and have been posting Advanced/MC scores. 

Given the absolute complete fret fuckery that was Mother Man (my hands, ouch) and failing with 71%, I elect instead to ask to be put in Advanced for now. 

Link to Pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16byD_Xvp9JV0Ny69aYa2rV3unHndY9k_

Sabaton - Great War (Bass) - 98.31%

Rainbow -  Cant Let You Go (Bass) - 98.03%

Mother Man (Failed, womp womp). 

(Can my Learn A Song Score of 80.8% be counted or nah?)

Yo, I can't add your results, because access is locked. Can you repost, with thumbnails please. Thanks  :)

Argh.. thats the spirit!!!

My day is full of Ikea and installing lamps and stuff, i hope i can buy me the time for one final run... (evil laughter)

@@diceslinger - I´ll be back!

I think this was three notes missed...you are up!

6kccDFH.jpg

• Like 1

Have not been able to find time to play rocksmith this week, but here is some improvement and missing adv rhy

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week310/lead/a02.png
http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week310/rhythm/a01.png

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Apparently I have to play the mc bass as well, even though I don't want to. Can't believe the tapping part is actually the easiest phrase of the whole song. :|

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week310/bass/m01.png
http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week310/bass/m02.png

And now I kind of want to reach that magical 90 % barrier.

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

310m.png

i'll be working on this right up til closing time... so close to making it through score attack! i was hating this solo when i first played it, now I can't seem to stop playing it.

for anyone having difficulty on the tapping section i recommend the guthrie technique of a hairband over the nut end, google and take a look, literally doubled my accuracy on that part!

cheers for all the positive feedback too regarding my previous message!

• Like 1