Tone name error in XML Arrangement

I have quite a few files that return the following error when saving after editing artsit/title/album fields:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If

you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

There is a tone name error in XML Arrangement: Lead  Dist is not properly

defined.

Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair."

Is there an easy way to fix these errors?

As far as I know, when you do tone names in Editor on Fire they should be written like this " Lead_Distortion ", the _ is required, unless you do it like this " LeadDistortion ", it's the same thing, but normal spaces gives errors.

I'd never had any error with the name tones written like that, so, it should be working for you too, remember that you need to have the latest EOF and RSToolkit to avoid bugs and errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---> ALL MY CUSTOM DLC HERE <---

OFFICIAL PrinceWhateverer CDLC Charter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you're trying to do a Multi-Part Tone Name, because you don't specify very much about this error ( A screenshot would be very helpful in this case )

If you're trying to do a Multi-Part Tone Name, you should check if it's done like this.

UvXXSjY.png

• Like 1

---> ALL MY CUSTOM DLC HERE <---

OFFICIAL PrinceWhateverer CDLC Charter

As far as I know, when you do tone names in Editor on Fire they should be written like this " Lead_Distortion ", the _ is required, unless you do it like this " LeadDistortion ", it's the same thing, but normal spaces gives errors.

I'd never had any error with the name tones written like that, so, it should be working for you too, remember that you need to have the latest EOF and RSToolkit to avoid bugs and errors.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out

• Developer

@@KJParsley That error occurs typically during psarc generation because there is an XML arrangement file that has multiple tones that do not match-up with the tone names that were used in EOF.  As the error says: 'Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair'   (Note: old versions of the toolkit did not check for this condition.  What version are you using?)  For the error: 'XML Arrangement: Lead  Dist is not properly defined,' here's a method that may fix the error:

1) open the Lead XML in Notepad and search for element '2) now scroll up to elements 'tonebase' to 'toned'.  One of these tones must match the name 'Dist'.
3) the quick fix is to make the two tone names the same in all effected 'Dist' tone elements (you may need to add an element to 'tonebase' to 'toned' if it is missing) and then save.
4) finally manually reload all the EOF project files into the toolkit, including the fixed Lead arrangement XML and generate.

Plz provide link to your EOF project files that cause the error so I can provide a better explanation than this generic one.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@KJParsley That error occurs typically during psarc generation because there is an XML arrangement file that has multiple tones that do not match-up with the tone names that were used in EOF.  As the error says: 'Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair'   (Note: old versions of the toolkit did not check for this condition.  What version are you using?)  For the error: 'XML Arrangement: Lead  Dist is not properly defined,' here's a method that may fix the error:

1) open the Lead XML in Notepad and search for element '<tones count ...'  look for tone named 'Dist'

2) now scroll up to elements 'tonebase' to 'toned'.  One of these tones must match the name 'Dist'.

3) the quick fix is to make the two tone names the same in all effected 'Dist' tone elements (you may need to add an element to 'tonebase' to 'toned' if it is missing) and then save.

4) finally manually reload all the EOF project files into the toolkit, including the fixed Lead arrangement XML and generate.

Plz provide link to your EOF project files that cause the error so I can provide a better explanation than this generic one.

Thanks for the help.  I have gotten this error on a number of older files when editing artist/title/album fields with CFSM.  It also popped up on some files I had not attempted to edit with CFSM when converting from PC to Mac, I just have not gotten around to trying to figure out how to fix them.  I presume the first step is to import the affected file(s) into the toolkit and then use EOF to fix them as described.

Thanks again!

• Developer

What you now reference is a different that what you began with.  That tone error occurs on package import and reads "Tone data is missing in CDLC and multitones will not change properly ..."  Please take screen shots next time. 

The toolkit can autofix this type of error if you have 'Fix MultiTone Errors' checked in toolkit>General Config and use CDLC Creator>Import Package. 

CFSM>Repairs>Mastery 100% Bug>Prevent Multitone Exceptions will also autofix the error.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

What you now reference is a different that what you began with.  That tone error occurs on package import and reads "Tone data is missing in CDLC and multitones will not change properly ..."  Please take screen shots next time. 

The toolkit can autofix this type of error if you have 'Fix MultiTone Errors' checked in toolkit>General Config and use CDLC Creator>Import Package. 

CFSM>Repairs>Mastery 100% Bug>Prevent Multitone Exceptions will also autofix the error.

Screenshots it is, then...  Here it is, step-by-step:

1.  I download the file for Three Days Grace/One X and start off by checking it in CFSM:

vnvhoybks45ulhu4g.jpg

It is the top file in the list and shows that it needs to be repaired.

2.  I ran the repair utility to fix the file.  Here are the settings that I used to complete the repair:

sgqrevor35btlq24g.jpg

It completed the repair, with no problem noted.

3.  I then changed song title to "One-X" and then pushed the save button.  Here is the result:

d3zcxzq87recwwk4g.jpg

Please note that is returns the same error, exactly as I typed it in for the top post on this thread.  I had not had the "Prevent Multitone Exceptions" selected before.  I did this time, and still returned the same error.  I have not had a chance to try to fix it with the toolkit, as was hoping CFSM would fix it.  I'll try that tomorrow, time permitting.

• Developer

Well now that explains alot.  Thanks for info and pics.   I put the cart before the horse, my mistake.  I should have asked for the CDLC and screen shots right away.  Oh well, next time.  So that CDLC originates from really old toolkit vers 2.4.  So there was not much internal error checking going on back then.  The arrangement XML has mismatched tone elements (much like I described above, but due to json and xml arrangement tone elements being named differently).

Next time you get an error like that in CFSM, just use the toolkit 'CDLC Creator' to 'Import Package' then edit/fix stuff, and finally 'Generate. The toolkit is more robust at fixing errors of that type.

I'll see if I can add some code to CFSM that would fix it as well.in future

• Like 1

Well now that explains alot.  Thanks for info and pics.   I put the cart before the horse, my mistake.  I should have asked for the CDLC and screen shots right away.  Oh well, next time.  So that CDLC originates from really old toolkit vers 2.4.  So there was not much internal error checking going on back then.  The arrangement XML has mismatched tone elements (like I described above).

CFSM is less robust at repairing mutitone errors than is the toolkit.  Next time you get an error like that just use the toolkit 'CDLC Creator' to 'Import Package' then edit/fix stuff, and finally 'Generate. The toolkit is more robust at auto fixing errors of that type.

I'll see if I can add some code to CFSM that would fix it as well.in future.

Thanks again for the help.  Your CFSM is a real powerhouse for maintaining a Rocksmith Library.  I'll give the toolkit a shot when I next get a chance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy