Correcting a repeating 1 note or multinote phrase easily in EoF? (solved)

Billkwando

Question

I have a guitar part that repeats like a zillion times that's wrong. Is there any way to do a "find and replace" on a phrase (or a single note if necessary) in EoF?

I tried to do a "select like" hoping that would do it, but I'm really not sure what that does. lol

I would do it in GP, but I really don't have enough music reading knowledge to edit the timing of notes (dots and rests and whatnot, lol)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

7 answers to this question

One way would be:

Select one of the notes you need to change then do a 'select like'. Copy paste these notes into a new arrangement. In the new arrangement, delete any notes that you don't want changed.

Then do what you need with the remaining notes and paste them back into the original arrangement, overwriting the original notes...

All my customs can be found here :)

EOF doesn't have a find/replace function. The closest you could get would be something like this:

1. Go into File>Preferences and enable the "Erase overlapped pasted notes" option.

2. Find the first instance of the pattern and edit it to the way you want the others to be. Copy those notes to the clipboard.

3. Find the last instance of the pattern you want to change, select the notes and add the selection as a fret catalog entry (Song>Catalog>Add).

4. Seek to the beginning of the chart.

5. Use "Song>Catalog>Find next" (press F3) and EOF will seek to the next instance of that pattern of notes.

6. Paste from the clipboard (CTRL+V). The preference that was enabled in step 1 will cause the notes to be replaced with those from the clipboard.

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the end of the track is reached.

• Like 1

If it helps any, I don't think it's any easier to fix this in GPro.

When I've had to do this in EOF, I've just corrected one of the instances, then copy and pasted it a zillion times until I'd fixed all the mistakes.

Doing that in a separate difficulty level is a good idea, then it will be easier to just to erase the mistake passages in the original track and paste in the new stuff.

• Like 1

EOF doesn't have a find/replace function. The closest you could get would be something like this:1. Go into File>Preferences and enable the "Erase overlapped pasted notes" option.2. Find the first instance of the pattern and edit it to the way you want the others to be. Copy those notes to the clipboard.3. Find the last instance of the pattern you want to change, select the notes and add the selection as a fret catalog entry (Song>Catalog>Add).4. Seek to the beginning of the chart.5. Use "Song>Catalog>Find next" (press F3) and EOF will seek to the next instance of that pattern of notes.6. Paste from the clipboard (CTRL+V). The preference that was enabled in step 1 will cause the notes to be replaced with those from the clipboard.7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the end of the track is reached.

Thanks! This is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for! Much appreciated! Let's see how it goes! :D

- Billkwando

I'm try it now and it won't paste the end fret on my slides, even though it had them when I copied.

- Billkwando

If you can reproduce that problem, please send me project file and a set of steps (ie. select notes # to #, copy to clipboard, search for next instance of fret catalog entry #, paste).

Fortunately (for my project, if not for testing) I wasn't able to replicate it a 2nd time, and your solution worked out perfectly! Thanks again! :D

- Billkwando