How do I add lyrics to my custom songs??

dualbird12

Question

14 answers to this question

EOF will import all Rocksmith supported techniques from the GP file, but just be warned that Guitar Pro will allow you to author things that the game doesn't support, so some things may be omitted or changed during the import. For example, the game only supports natural and pinch harmonic techniques, other harmonic note types will convert to one or the other.

• Like 1

EOF allows up to 4 guitar/bass arrangements per project, one in each PART REAL_... track. If you want to author a guitar arrangement in one of the bass tracks, just use the "Track>Rocksmith>Arrangement type" menu to set it to either "combo", "rhythm" or "lead", which will update the tuning to expect standard guitar tuning instead of bass tuning. Then use the "Track>Pro guitar>Set number of frets/strings" function to increase the string count as necessary. If you need to author more than 4 arrangements for a song, you'll need to use another EOF project (you can copy+paste it in your OS) and in the copy, remove the content of each track with the "Track>Erase track" function and use Track>Rename to give the arrangement a unique name so that when you save one project file, it won't overwrite the XML files of the other project file.

The toolkit should let you designate when an arrangement is a bonus one.

• Like 1

So I just finished my first custom song. Everything looks great (except for a few minor tone adjustments) but the sound of the song itself is way too low. How do I go about increasing the volume of the song??

In the toolkit you can bump the volume up on the track, which probably means you'll have to adjust your tone volumes again. It's on the left, above the box where you load in your arrangements.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Oh ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

Make sure you save the package file in the toolkit so if you do another song from the same album, you can load that file and have the album art/info and volumes already set. Also if you need to go back and adjust tone volumes, you'll have it already.

- Billkwando

for the lyrics you can use ultrastar creator, upload the ogg file named guitar (in eof) paste the lyrics and synch them to the song (easy to do with ultrastar), then in eof position yourself in the vocals track and edit/import lyrics.

if you did good in ultratsar, nothing else to do

• Like 2

Make sure to put + signs between your syllables. It's actually easier to time the lyrics when the words are split up. Make sure you go through it carefully. There's no way to save a file in Ultrastar until you've finished timing the whole thing, so there's no way to stop and adjust the lyrics partway through if you made a mistake. It's easier to edit after in EoF but still not exactly simple. Make sure to re-enable click and drag if you had it disabled, cos otherwise you can't move the words around.

Try not to move the words too far out, because if they're not highlighted in blue, they won't show up in the song, and I haven't figured out how to expand the blue area yet.

- Billkwando