Gameplay with webcam, advice

Nithrash

Question

hello guys, I would like to record some videos with the webcam to show me while I play the guitar, as I program camtasia and sony vegas, camtasia for the moment it seems that it is easier to use, but I wanted some advice on how to set up the program settings, because when you register with the webcam video suffers a drop in framerate stutters .... you have any advice for me to get a good framerate?

21 answers to this question

I'm actually using camtasia 8. To avoid framerate stuttering, i usually play rocksmith on window mode (not fullscreen) and with camtasia i select a custom size in order to fit the window mode (you'll have a full screen video at the end of recording). In tools options (camtasia), lower the quality of the video, to compress it (set the quality in the mid or lower, is still a good quality).

• Like 1

I'm actually using camtasia 8. To avoid framerate stuttering, i usually play rocksmith on window mode (not fullscreen) and with camtasia i select a custom size in order to fit the window mode (you'll have a full screen video at the end of recording). In tools options (camtasia), lower the quality of the video, to compress it (set the quality in the mid or lower, is still a good quality).

what kind of compression you are using in the video settings of camtasia?

Maybe is due to the ram? I also have a dual core but with 8GB ram. Well, eventually, if you have a camera recording, you can capture rockmith gameplay with a software and at  the same time (so you have to synchronize during the editing, merging both video) yourself playing so this will not affect framerate. This could sounds a little bit complex but an alternative solution.

I had already tried to do it this way and it is not difficult to start recording at the same time .. the problem is that trying to record gameplay with Bandicam and webcam with camtasia, there is always a sharp drop in framerate, but I have to try with other software like sony vegas or movie maker

I have already tried to reduce the graphics settings in the game .. however the results are not just bad, the video quality is excellent but there is always that little lag bothers you .. and then register while I feel a strange noise that comes from the guitar sound, like clicking sounds, even when there are not register but feel less ...So it seems easy but it is not, I'll working on it and I think it will take up next week :)

I had already tried to do it this way and it is not difficult to start recording at the same time .. the problem is that trying to record gameplay with Bandicam and webcam with camtasia, there is always a sharp drop in framerate, but I have to try with other software like sony vegas or movie maker

I didn't read this  accurately, but you don't need to use bandicam and camtasia all at once. You need just  Camtasia that  is able to recording gameplay and webcam (you can select with camtasia the size of the screen that you wanna capture to obtain a  video, so just select rocksmith in window mode). Try to use it with rocksmith in window mode as i suggest some post before. Of course there is lag issues with two software running   at the same time plus rockmith  and system requirements not so high.