Rocksmith on Linux Not Working

kresto94

Question

Hey guys

I need some help.

I installed linux mint and my rocksmith stopped working. I use proton via steam but it does not help. Rocksmith chrashes and want me to send problem code to ubisoft. How can i play rocksmith on linux?

I tried also to use Wine but Wine can't find .steam folder that is hidden;

Help please

Edited by kresto94

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

Linux isn't officially supported for the game so i have doubt you'll get much help as rare are the user that got something going with it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I got it working on Manjaro but latency is too high with the RT cable so I play with the microphone input through my USB Scarlett soundcard.

Install winetricks if it is not installed

set sound to alsa with WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/221680/pfx winetricks sound=alsa

mapping Z: to ~/.steam/steam  with WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/221680/pfx winecfg

check that the route to the pfx folder is the same in your system, if not change it to match yours

After the first start the rocksmith.ini file is created so you can set ExclusiveMode=0 and Win32UltraLowLatencyMode=0

This is what worked for me.