Set vibrato strength?

Billkwando

Question

Is there any way to set vibrato strength in EoF? Like, to make the line really wavy (almost like a zig-zag, if possible)? I've looked everywhere I can think of and I can't find it.

Thanks!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

MadMaxx, on 03 May 2014 - 5:40 PM, said:

i modified my file with the values 80,120,160,240, 320, 400, 480, 560, 640 but in the game the waves all look the same, it looks like they are all default. There must be something that we are missing.

Do your vibratos in the game look different?

I thought I could see a difference between 80 & 120, but it could be just because I also made the note tails longer.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

or maybe we need to midify the vibrato using tech mode like bends?

It wouldn't be necessary to use tech notes, vibrato technique applies to the entire note and can't start part-way into the note like a bend can.I'll probably go ahead and release the next EOF hotfix soon so more people can test out the vibrato stuff. The toolkit may need some tweaking if changing the vibrato speed value doesn't have any visual effect.

But it can't be that a vib. note has no visual change.

somewhere it must be a code or what ever. But since yet we didn't found it and i nearly open every damn file that i can open.

but what is it, if it is only a  .dds file or something like that, that visualized the wave? if it is like i said then we can change like we want and nothing happen.

but then there is still a confusing thing for me personal. normal add vibration 80 but it can also use as a negativ value -80 and rs will work with it. i dont get it why.

I did analysis on toolkit code for SNG generation and vibrato's value it reads from XML and writen on SNG file for single notes, but not for chord notes (notes inside a chord).

I played the iron maiden song that have different values of vibrato and not seen vibrato with zig-zag like the user reported.
Maybe the vibrato value is not to make it more or less zig-zag, but to change the vibrato speed, faster or slow.

I really have not sure about this, but is an idea, I'll keep researching.
  • Like 1
ANY FILES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hRKUiiUjc

watching the video about the technique, and looking through what we have, i dont believe the game uses the value. any non-zero number will result in the vibrato. it might be reserved for a future upgrade. the camera angle, makes it LOOK like some are more "zig-zag"-ey than others, but its not.im going to do one more check, then close the issue. the narrator specifically that "the speed of vibrato is a matter of personal choice

• Like 1

That's too bad. Should I go ahead and remove the vibrato strength logic from EOF then? It doesn't sound like there's any purpose to keep it, since it adds a little bloat to the code base.

i would remove it, but perhaps keep the code stored away somewhere in case they add it down the road.  or you could leave it, and then songs authored with it would automatically use it if the game ever updated.  or perhaps you could have a pop-up note of the vibrato frequency. (if it was a huge request by users)