Set vibrato strength?

Billkwando

Question

Is there any way to set vibrato strength in EoF? Like, to make the line really wavy (almost like a zig-zag, if possible)? I've looked everywhere I can think of and I can't find it.

Thanks!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Well in EoF i didnt see anything.

But try to modify the XML File.

<note time="82.269" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="8" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="1.275" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
  <note time="83.547" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>  

I Add one small part of one of mine CDLC XML files.

The red Entry is the one with EoF standard Vibrato so it turns into 80.

the green one like u see no Vibrato.

i tested it a few sec ago to change it. i put the 80 to 160 and RS didnt had an problem with it. but im to tired to try around more. but test it for your own. Maybe a higher number means more strenght.

So you edit the real guitar xml file after you're done in EoF? That makes for very little risk, since the original project file would be untouched. Am I getting it right?

Also, what would be the highest allowed vibrato? Like I mentioned in the chat, I want it to be like "shake the shit out of this note like you're a bad babysitter"

Also, how do you find the right notes to edit? I'm still a noob in many ways.

• Like 1

- Billkwando

Yeah, I'm digging around in the Real Guitar RS2 xml file and I just can't figure out how to find the right notes...

- Billkwando

http://oi60.tinypic.com/k54efr.jpg

this would be then in this case mine

<note time="82.269" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="8" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="1.275" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>

in EoF there will it be a number without a dot but in the XML u found them with a dot.

• Like 1

Thanks man! This has just the crinkle fry look I was going for!

http://img.21food.com/20110609/product/1307095868160.jpg

Do you know the max number you can set it to, if it's higher than 120?

It's too bad I'll have to hand edit the xml every time I update it, but I'm just happy I can do it at all.

Thanks again! :D

- Billkwando

i dont know it , to be honest xD i only did it once after i see u ask for it. and i put it up to 160 and rs didnt crash so its all a game of trying it out as long as it fit or rs crash.

I would think 160 should be high enough, so I'll give that a try! Thanks again! This was the one thing my Computer Blue custom really needed to make me happy. I'll put up the updated version soon. :D

Edit: Still if anyone else knows, that would be useful info.

- Billkwando

Coincidentally, the ability to set the vibrato speed is what I've been working on today. In the past, the developers told me that usable values for the speed are 40, 80 and 120, and I'm just making the speed selectable from those three (as "slow", "normal" and "fast"). If you guys can test and confirm that a speed of 240 looks different from 120, I'll probably have to make it so a custom vibrato speed can be set.

• Like 1

I guess I need to hold off until the valid vibrato range is known. I'll post in the toolkit thread to ask for more information. In the mean time, if somebody can spot check different high/low values to see what works, it would be helpful.

In the Iron Maiden - Aces High Lead arr i have seen so far

vibrato ="0"

vibrato="40"

vibrato="80"

my guess is that the smaller values also show in the game the sustain of the vibrato fluctuate less but ill see if i can find more.

Edit:

and 2 Minutes to Midnight does also have in addition

vibrato="120"

To speculate a little bit it looks to me like

vibrato ="0"

vibrato="40"

vibrato="80"

vibrato="120"

40 not letting the song start could be also caused by the bug that sometimes prevents songs from passing the tuner or see the highway.

Its probably best to create a custom with those 4 values and see if everything works, if not repack the custom to make sure that its not the bug causing the problem.

Did a test file with a bunch of notes with vibratos on them with the 40,80 and 120 values. The song loads fine but i dont see a visual difference in the game between the values, maybe there is something missing beside the values.

Ill give it a few more tries with higher values.

or maybe we need to midify the vibrato using tech mode like bends?

i modified my file with the values 80,120,160,240, 320, 400, 480, 560, 640 but in the game the waves all look the same, it looks like they are all default. There must be something that we are missing.

Do your vibratos in the game look different?