Rocksmith Tab Explorer

PDX_Mike

Question

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!  Thank you for tool, I am going to use this all the time, I've really been wanting to make a Tab book and take it with me so I don't need the game but can still practice the EXACT same TAB that I'm doing in the game... since the Interwebs is littered with poor tabs I can never find a tab to any song that's close the RS tabs.  Really nice work.

If you don't mind, I have some suggestions for future versions that would make this even better:

• Bring over Lyrics aligned to the music.
  • Ability to print the tabs
  • Ability to export the GP6 file.
  • I noticed Some songs have BPM, while others don't. e.g. Pearl Jam Black Lead does, but Rhythm & Bass Don't.  Do you know why, is that part of the metadata of the file when it's packed

Really nice work on this tool... thanks for building this.

I guess I'll need to throw out my post-it note collection.  I can usually get two measure of a song tabbed out on one post-it.  I pause RS, tab out a riff or two and then practice off line.  I put a couple of songs into PowerTab to print out, but that took to long.  This is something I've wanted for some time.  Thanks, thanks, thanks.  Add features as you can.  I suspect the most requested would be printing.

• Like 1

Add features as you can.  I suspect the most requested would be printing.

Yep! Printing is definitely on top of my list. Is there any way to make formal feature requests?

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

Add features as you can.  I suspect the most requested would be printing.

Yep! Printing is definitely on top of my list. Is there any way to make formal feature requests?

sleepy

Here is your formal request site for his project: Printing is on his list.

@@andrake

Yep, thanks. It would also help if I'd fully read all the posts in the thread before commenting.  :???:

Excellent... it'd be even more awesome if we could save it to pdf or print.

I plan to get printing working at some stage. Anders (Creator of RS Tab Explorer) also has tab export planned but is looking for help because he is doesn't have much time to work on this project at the moment.

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

I can see this being pretty handy moving being able to use the sheets to cross ref with Rocksmith to help learn understand tabs (for me anyway), since you'd be able to load the song up on the software and see it on screen and in your hand. Thanks for the link :)

So are the tabs that this little tool picks up Rocksmith default form with the low E string at the top or the bottom?

tris

This tool is as important to the whole Rocksmith customs project as EoF and the Toolkit. I would pay for this to get some prime time developer attention. It's a great start but it needs some attention as notes are missing, bends don't show up and without print it's not very useful But this could be awesome if some of the DEV team could put some cycles toward this and maybe incorporate it with the other tools.

I see at the bottom of the tab page it credits alphatab.net as the engine, hitting their website it looks like a pretty robust html or .net based tool that already does most the work, and it supports ALL of capabilities of Rocksmith, my guess is it's simply a matter of reformatting the note metadata to what alphatab needs to display it.  I really wish I had some DEV skills, but based on everything I see on the alphatab site... it doesn't appear to be that complex.

• Like 2

This could be great for playing with my dad. He doesn't want to look at RS and always wants a chart. Schweeeet!

'99 Fender Power House Strat Deluxe Series Black

TBX tone pot Vintage American Noiseless Pups Active MidBoost

Dads Samick Torino 2 Red

Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 Behringer FSB1010 Reaper Amplitube 

Twin in Training Alex and Daniel

• Developer

Do you think there is any chance of getting the RsTabExplorer C# project to ever build under WinXP VS2010 NET40 IDE? You can skip to the bottom if you want to see the solution to this question.

I am a developer who runs VS2010, .Net 4.0, on an old WinXP box. No I'm not kidding. It seems that because of project dependencies with Nuget, GalaSoft.., System.Windows.Interactivity, and Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLoaction, that I am unable to get it to compile "out of the box" in my WinXP environment. 

I am able to get rid of the Nuget dependencies but it is the others that I am having trouble with. Do you think obtaining and referencing the missing dlls would solve it or are there deeper dependencies that won't let this compile under WInXP?

Interestingly, the RSTabExplorer 0.0.5 compiled executable that is on GitHub does run under WinXP for me.

My goal is to be able to interface a Fretlight guitar with RsTabExploer.  See my post on the subject.

Thanks for your time.

Cozy1

So to follow up:  I obtained the missing dlls and properly referenced them in the solution.  Still will not build for me.  I receive two error messages when debugging:

Error  1  Metadata file 'D:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2010ProjectsRSTabExplorerRSTabExplorer XP ModdedRockSmithTabExplorerbinDebugRockSmithTabExplorer.exe' could not be found  RockSmithTabExplorerTests

Error  2  Unknown build error, 'Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.'  RockSmithTabExplorer

I did a search on these errors and came up with this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13748055/could-not-load-type-system-runtime-compilerservices-extensionattribute-from-as

Based on the above, I confirmed the Nuget libraries that I am using have dependency on net40.  So I don't think this is the problem.

I came across this which seems very plausible.  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19933643/could-not-load-type-system-runtime-compilerservices-extensionattribute-from-as

Was this version of RSTabExplorer ever built on a machine that contained Net45?  How do I fix this?  Turns out this was not the problem either, see below.

AFTER A COUPLE MORE DAYS I WAS ABLE TO ANSWER THIS MYSELF -  HERE IS THE SOLUTION

Remove all references to Nuget (because I don't like bloatware), delete Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.dll, delete System.Windows.Interactivity.dll, delete two GalaSoft dlls, delete ViewWindowsLocator.cs.  Update WFP xaml forms, and MainWindow.xaml.cs, yada yada yada, and refactor the solution.  With a little effort RsTabExplorer works just fine in a WinXP VS2010 C# NET40 IDE.  Everything builds and works as it should.  My KISS version of RsTabExplorer source and executables will be posted on my website.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.