CDLC problems on Mac

Raconteur

Question

HI gang,

There are many other posts about this sort of thing, but nothing that addresses specifically what I am seeing, and nothing that seems to help me.

Here is what I have done on my iMac running Mavericks:

• Bought and installed Rocksmith 2014 (I did not have the original Rocksmith)
  • Found some CDLC on a site and downloaded a collection of *_m.psarc files
  • Bought Cherub Rock from Steam
  • Copied my CDLC files to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc
  • Downloaded RSInjector and put on my Desktop
  • Launched RSInjector

Now, when I get into the main RS screen (with the main menu "Learn a Song", etc.) I see "Enumerating Downloadable Content, which sits there for a long while.  Which is expected given the volume of files.

I let that finish before doing anything, and when it is done, I select Learn a Song.  This takes me to the list of songs.

I see DLC in there, but oftentimes, instead of seeing the album art, I see a square icon with a record in the middle and a purple DLC banner.  Selecting one of those songs freezes RS and I have to kill it and restart.

Sometimes, I will see album art, and if I select the same song that crashed (when the art was not there) it will play.  But every time I hit the song list it changes, and often songs that had artwork will lose the art after exiting a song session.

I followed this tutorial:

http://forums.smithyanvil.com/viewtopic.php?id=15909

and have looked at the videos and other info, most of which just says Buy Cherub Rock, put the CDLC in the folder mentioned above and go.  But this does not work at all for me...

I also tried downloading the RocksmithCustomSongToolkit from here:  http://builds.rscustom.net/master-2.6.0 … 141.tar.gz but it won't even open for me... the icon just bounces in the dock and nothing happens.

It seems like I am very close, but have no idea where to go from here... I am very computer savvy, so any technical stuff to try I am happy to do.

Thanks!

Yeah it opens fine, I can play the in game songs and Cherub rock fine, all the Custom DLC appears on my list and the audio preview plays when i highlight them but when i click to play any custom song the game freezes just before the fret board would normally appear

Yeah, you can only play the customs if you run the game through the RSInjector app.

I'm running out of things to try.... but is your user account on your Mac an admin account?  And do you have the proper permissions to run RSInjector?  You can check by right-clicking and selecting "Get Info".  You should have read/write permissions, though by default pretty much any account should at least have read permissions.  I don't think the app needs to write anything, but I'm grasping at straws here...

I don't think so.  I have mine in my Apps folder, but I also ran that one from the second link I posted (which was just taken from the Tutorial post) from my Downloads folder.  I'm pretty sure the app is scripted to look for the Steam folder, regardless of where the RSInjector app is.

Did you install Steam and RS into it's default folders?  Or did you move anything?

And do you have any other kind of software installed that might block third-party apps from running?

I installed steam and RS to their default places and I honestly can't think of anything I have that would be stopping RSInjector from opening.

I have RSInjector on my desktop (it has the logo you're talking about) when it double click on it the logo sort of flashes forward but doesn't open anything.

I installed steam and RS to their default places and I honestly can't think of anything I have that would be stopping RSInjector from opening.

I have RSInjector on my desktop (it has the logo you're talking about) when it double click on it the logo sort of flashes forward but doesn't open anything.

So just to clarify, it doesn't open a second RS icon on the dock?

I'm asking because I play RS on both a Macbook Retina and a Mac Mini.  On my Macbook, RSInjector opens RS instantly and goes directly to the game.

However, on the Mac Mini, it opens RS, but doesn't launch directly into the game.  A second icon opens in the dock (the real Rocksmith icon) but I have to click on it to bring the game out of the background.  

So the first few times it did that I thought it wasn't opening the game.  I went as far as redownloading/reinstalling everything, only to have the same thing happen.

I'm actually just about to leave for work, but I can definitely jump on Skype when I get home if you still haven't figured it out.

I hate to leave you hanging like this, but hopefully somebody else with Mac experience will jump in and try to help.

As a last suggestion, try restarting your Mac.... doesn't usually relate to Mac's, but rebooting is the #1 fix for most PC issues, so maybe you'll get lucky.

Made another account on my mac and for some reason it all works on there so something must have been blocking it!

Thank you immensely for your help!

Glad you got it working.  Maybe you didn't have an admin privileges on your previous user account.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.  Now say goodbye to your family and loved ones for a while as you disappear into the wonderful world of customs.

• Like 2