CDLC problems on Mac

Raconteur

Question

HI gang,

There are many other posts about this sort of thing, but nothing that addresses specifically what I am seeing, and nothing that seems to help me.

Here is what I have done on my iMac running Mavericks:

• Bought and installed Rocksmith 2014 (I did not have the original Rocksmith)
  • Found some CDLC on a site and downloaded a collection of *_m.psarc files
  • Bought Cherub Rock from Steam
  • Copied my CDLC files to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc
  • Downloaded RSInjector and put on my Desktop
  • Launched RSInjector

Now, when I get into the main RS screen (with the main menu "Learn a Song", etc.) I see "Enumerating Downloadable Content, which sits there for a long while.  Which is expected given the volume of files.

I let that finish before doing anything, and when it is done, I select Learn a Song.  This takes me to the list of songs.

I see DLC in there, but oftentimes, instead of seeing the album art, I see a square icon with a record in the middle and a purple DLC banner.  Selecting one of those songs freezes RS and I have to kill it and restart.

Sometimes, I will see album art, and if I select the same song that crashed (when the art was not there) it will play.  But every time I hit the song list it changes, and often songs that had artwork will lose the art after exiting a song session.

I followed this tutorial:

http://forums.smithyanvil.com/viewtopic.php?id=15909

and have looked at the videos and other info, most of which just says Buy Cherub Rock, put the CDLC in the folder mentioned above and go.  But this does not work at all for me...

I also tried downloading the RocksmithCustomSongToolkit from here:  http://builds.rscustom.net/master-2.6.0 … 141.tar.gz but it won't even open for me... the icon just bounces in the dock and nothing happens.

It seems like I am very close, but have no idea where to go from here... I am very computer savvy, so any technical stuff to try I am happy to do.

Thanks!

Raconteur - did you solve the problem with CDLCs crashing the RSinjector? I downloaded a file with heaps of mac DLCs here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9454772/Rocksmith_2014_700_Customs_including_all_officially_released_DLC

I followed the instructions I got from various places and when I open the RSInjector I se a long list of songs. Some CDLCs seem to work but most of them lack cover art and when I try to open them they crash the game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The problem for me, (which sounds identical to yours, jonteedvardson) was that what I downloaded and assumed to be Mac CDLC was not ALL for the Mac.

Look at the file names.  If they end with _p.psarc they will not show up because they are PC files.  Those that end _m.psarc are for Mac.

I downloaded the CustomToolkit and converted them (the CONVERTER tab, source=PC, target=Mac), and everything worked as expected after that.

HTH!

Raconteur - did you solve the problem with CDLCs crashing the RSinjector? I downloaded a file with heaps of mac DLCs here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9454772/Rocksmith_2014_700_Customs_including_all_officially_released_DLC

I followed the instructions I got from various places and when I open the RSInjector I se a long list of songs. Some CDLCs seem to work but most of them lack cover art and when I try to open them they crash the game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I am also a Mac user, so I thought I might help shed some light on some problems you might be having.

I also downloaded that same torrent, and had a lot of problems with the cDLC's in it.  Most of them lack tones, which (for me) was what was causing RS2014 to crash.  I now only download CDLC's that have been posted here (most of the songs from that torrent are on here btw).

Also, there seems to be some confusion as to where cDLC's are supposed to be stored.  I have read several tutorials for Mac, and some suggest placing the files in the Rocksmith DLC folder, while others suggest putting them inside the package contents of the RSInjector app.  I put them in the DLC folder for Rocksmith and have had no problems with them showing up.

As for RSInjector, I had to download the app 6 or so times before it would actually work.  All of them were the same version, all direct from the source, but for some reason they wouldn't work.  It's not uncommon for the icon to bounce in the dock for a few minutes the very first time you open the app, but it should open instantly every time after.  It's also important to note that the app doesn't support many of Mac's quick commands, and you must use the menu's within the app to quit, etc.

Many of the functions contained in the RSInjector app also do not work on Mac, but converting and unpacking/packing does.  I've only had 1 problem converting a file to mac (Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends) but that's it.  Every other file I've converted has worked fine (as long as it has a tone).

Here is a link to the RSInjector app I am currently using.  This is the file directly from my computer, uploaded to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wt68cj66anuoo2l/AABiMsV_Zq88k_SbKGD7a6rXa

Hello to all,I am a newbie and I'm trying to insert custom songs in Rocksmith 2014 Mac version. I've got 2 problems:1) Mavericks refuses to run RSInjector because it is a software not certified. How can I fix this?2) I have many custom p_psarc file, how can I convert them to m_psarc files?I bought via steam RS: What is the procedure correct and complete? Sorry but I'm a newbie...

Best regards!

Hello to all,I am a newbie and I'm trying to insert custom songs in Rocksmith 2014 Mac version. I've got 2 problems:1) Mavericks refuses to run RSInjector because it is a software not certified. How can I fix this?2) I have many custom p_psarc file, how can I convert them to m_psarc files?I bought via steam RS: What is the procedure correct and complete? Sorry but I'm a newbie...

Best regards!

To get the RSInjector app to run you must allow Mavericks to run software that isn't just from the Mac App Store.

To do this, follow these steps:

1.  Open System Preferences

2.  Click on Security & Privacy

3.  On the General tab (first one), under "Allow Apps Downloaded From", change to "Anywhere"

To convert the windows cDLC, you must use RSInjector.  Open the app, select the Converter tab, choose PC->Mac, select your file, and viola!  You have Mac cDLC.

If you don't have the DLC folder in your Rocksmith folder, just create it.  Make sure it is named "dlc", and not "DLC".  It should be there by default though, if you have Rocksmith 2014, because it should already contain 2 files (rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc and rs1compatibilitydisc_m.psarc).  

If you only bought Rocksmith 1 (the original version) then I believe the process of getting customs to work is different because the file format for RS1 is .dat and not .psarc.

• Like 1

Can't get RSInjector to open!

Did you follow the steps I listed above?

Here they are again:

To get the RSInjector app to run you must allow Mavericks to run software that isn't just from the Mac App Store.

To do this, follow these steps:

1.  Open System Preferences

2.  Click on Security & Privacy

3.  On the General tab (first one), under "Allow Apps Downloaded From", change to "Anywhere"

Cheers for the help man,

whenever I click download it downloads RSInjector.app.zip (which then doesn't open)

I have OSX 10.9.3

Steam says it's up to date

and I tried running the injector from the desktop and from the Rocksmith 2014 folder

Yeah, somethings wrong with the upload.  When I download it, I get the Contents folder from inside the app, but not the app itself.

Give me a few minutes and I'll figure out why that is and I'll reupload a proper version.

Or try this one: DOWNLOAD