Why does EOF think I have two beats per measure?

lduperval

Hi,

I have a score which starts with an empty 2/2 measure, an empty 4/4 measure, and the third measure starts with a half rest. When I look at my measures in EOF, everything looks like  a 2-beat measure. is this a bug or a limitation? If a limitation, is my only recourse to redo my score with only 4/4 measures and resync? I compared with another of my songs, and it shows correct 4/4 beats.

I am using the 6-12-2019 version.

Thanks,

L

When I import the Guitar Pro file and opt to import the time signature changes, it looks correct to me:

BNLvYy4.jpg

Make sure you're using the latest hotfix, otherwise please provide a screen shot showing what you end up with when you import the GP5 file.

It looks like it's because the score was synced strangely in Go PlayAlong. The 4/4 time signature change is before 0 seconds, so it gets dropped from the import. I'll see if I can improve handling for this scenario, but if you apply another 4/4 time signature change at the beat where the first bass note occurs (either in the GP5 file or in EOF after import), it will work around this.

Hi,

Hmm, not quite. This is before I added the beat:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AeGlRzoxDe-izYKy7spNSzTeRYLqFnUr/view?usp=sharing

and this is after:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yNwLyDwrSxqVV270XflWbBqE2Z0Wi0DE/view?usp=sharing

You'll notice that when i added the 4/4 signature the measures became shorter and it messed up my sync. It looks like I may have to restart.

What I'm trying to do: Add those clicks before the song starts so players know when the song begins. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know. :(

This is the first time I've has so much trouble with a song.

L

You will probably have to use "Beat>Time Signature>Convert" since the denominator is being changed and you don't want beat lengths to change. The only reason this happened is because the 4/4 time signature was defined before 0 seconds and was omitted by EOF during import.

Hi,

I tried the time signature change, but it doesn't do what I want. I tried reexporting the song while changing the first three measures to 2/2 and at the third measure make it 4/4 but I still don't get the beat on every note. I still get it every two notes.

So it's OK, I'll wait until you're able to release the next patch and try again then.

Thanks!

L