Tech notes problem (how to make delayed bends)

Billkwando

Question

I'm trying to make a note that sustains then bends a couple seconds in.

I've added a Tech Note halfway through the sustain, and managed to edit it with N to make it a 2 half step bend, so it shows in green in the little black box on the sustain tail.

The original note shows a red bend mark with an asterisk, but there's no bend mark under the tech note. In the game it just shows like a normal bend.

Can anyone help me figure out how to finalize the note so it shows in game?

Unrelated question, can anyone explain why bends in the game jump up at the beginning of the note, with 2 arrows facing downward, then seem to slowly release throughout the note? It makes everything look like a pre-bend to me...

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

7 answers to this question

If the regular note shows a bend symbol, that means the bend notation is applied to it as well as on the tech note. Even so, the RS2 format XML file will use the tech note instead. The RS1 XML file will author it as a normal bend, so my first suggestion is to make sure you used the right XML file with the toolkit. If that's not the issue, I'd probably need the EOF project file so I can see if the XML was being written correctly.

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens. I think it might be working and I was just confused, because I was expecting to see a normal flat sustain with a hump in the middle. Does that make sense?

- Billkwando

Is it normal to get a warning about bend strength when saving if the tech note is set up correctly?

- Billkwando

Here's my project file, just in case:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cbccu1iyu37u6co/notes.eof

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/zb6kkzaz026q2dq/guitar.ogg

There's a delayed bend on the guitar (measure 128 &129) and a delayed slide on the bass (measure 4 & 140), and I'm not positive either of them is working properly. Hopefully the ogg will be helpful in this case so you can see the timing.

Thanks! :)

- Billkwando

for a delayed bend, you want to put a tech note with bend strength of 0 at the point where the bend starts and a tech note with bend strength of 2 half steps at the point where it gets up to pitch.

Delayed slides don't work with tech notes.  You have to use multiple notes and linknext status

• Like 1

Is it normal to get a warning about bend strength when saving if the tech note is set up correctly?

I'd expect that to happen. You can always remove the undefined bend status from that normal note, or if you want it to be there for project display purposes you could always just define the bend strength for the normal note.As for the bend shape, cstewart's advice is the best way to go. Otherwise the game probably starts the bend automatically at the beginning of the note.
  • Like 1