Uplay+ subscription with rocksmith and dlcs

theSG

Question

https://rocksmith.ubisoft.com/rocksmith/en-us/news/180-350987-16/get-unlimited-access-to-100-pc-games-with-uplay

Subscribe to get access to the most premium edition of Rocksmith 2014 including DLCs, expansions, and automatic updates*Restrictions apply

I'm sure this is great news for a lot of people who were asking for this for a while, and this probably will be a new separate uplay version of Rocksmith with dlcs, but I am a bit worried that they will patch in some online check for owned dlcs/subscriptions to Steam version as well (to allow downloading dlcs on steam if you have uplay+, or separate rocksmith dlc subscription for steam since they probably now have a license for that) that would stop all cdlcs from working.

• Like 3

13 answers to this question

• Administrator

RS community dev answered :

The Uplay+ article posted on a Spanish-language instance of the Rockmith news site was published in error—it was meant for a different Ubisoft site. Check the Ubisoft Store for more news and information about Uplay+!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/c7qbc1/uplay_subscription_and_rocksmith_dlcs/eshuwaq/

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

https://rocksmith.ubisoft.com/rocksmith/en-us/news/180-350987-16/get-unlimited-access-to-100-pc-games-with-uplay

Subscribe to get access to the most premium edition of Rocksmith 2014 including DLCs, expansions, and automatic updates*Restrictions apply

I'm sure this is great news for a lot of people who were asking for this for a while, and this probably will be a new separate uplay version of Rocksmith with dlcs, but I am a bit worried that they will patch in some online check for owned dlcs/subscriptions to Steam version as well (to allow downloading dlcs on steam if you have uplay+, or separate rocksmith dlc subscription for steam since they probably now have a license for that) that would stop all cdlcs from working.

I would be very surprised if they don't DRM this up to the hilt. Otherwise what's to stop someone with a steam install getting this, acquiring all the official DLC and then just copying the DLC folder into their steam folder?

Always taking requests <-- My twitch page.

• Administrator

Nothing is confirmed and nothing indicate this will happen in any kind of way.

Uplay+ is for the games on Uplay catalogue but DLC for RS are only available through steam which makes it unlikely that they would give out steam key as DLC are released to all Uplay+ subscriber and it would also require them to revoke those keys when the subscription ends.

You can't buy DLC through Uplay, you can't have a RS version that isn't on Steam either which makes this whole situation very very unlikely at this point and the only web page that can maybe indicate that it happens looks like just a straight up copy paste for the news to be posted on Ubisoft games website.

TL;DR : unlikely to be true.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I thought this would just be another thread about ideas for this kinda thing, but its legit. That's pretty cool. I guess we'll have to wait to see if we can get cdlc on this version, maybe the launcher will validate files or something.

Edit: ah yea now I look at it "Subscribe to get access to the most premium edition of Rocksmith 2014 including DLCs, expansions, and automatic updates*." "*Restrictions apply.", it does seem a bit copy/pastey especially how rs has no premium version. Guess we'll have to see

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Nothing is confirmed and nothing indicate this will happen in any kind of way.

Uplay+ is for the games on Uplay catalogue but DLC for RS are only available through steam which makes it unlikely that they would give out steam key as DLC are released to all Uplay+ subscriber and it would also require them to revoke those keys when the subscription ends.

You can't buy DLC through Uplay, you can't have a RS version that isn't on Steam either which makes this whole situation very very unlikely at this point and the only web page that can maybe indicate that it happens looks like just a straight up copy paste for the news to be posted on Ubisoft games website.

TL;DR : unlikely to be true.

It literally says they will have access to DLC through this in the ad

"Subscribe to get access to the most premium edition of Rocksmith 2014 including DLCs, expansions, and automatic updates*."

• Administrator

@@coldrampage There's no new version, there's nothing new. Uplay+ have been announced at E3 and nothing have been communicated by UbiSF regarding RS which is a STEAM only game (the only thing you can buy on Uplay is the base game and even then, it'll just give you a steam key)

Don't hold your breath for anything new out of this as it seems unlikely for it to happen and we have no proper list of games included in Uplay+ at the moment.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Gryphonboy except for that little * that then says "Restrictions may apply" like the fact it's not a Uplay game :)

It is a uplay game. It has uplay achievements and logs in to a uplay account every time you use it.

Why would th eofficial Rocksmith blog advertise this and state this if it wasn't true?

• Administrator

@@Gryphonboy First, the blog article was hidden from the news list on that blog, some people found back the link somehow but it's been there since E3 announcement of Uplay+

Secondly, No, RS2014 is a steamworks game and buying RS on Uplay only give you access to a Steam key to use...

Thirdly, Probably a news that was posted on all blog website for ubisoft games with the game name inside without checking if the game will or will not actually be included (which is why they added the * just in case)
Note that Rainbow 6 siege got the same article at the same date : https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-350982-16/get-unlimited-access-to-100-pc-games-with-uplay and it is still visible in the blog news unlike the RS one. Exact same wording making the suggestion that it was automated very likely with only the game name changing.

And lastly, DLC are NOT available through Uplay, this would mean a huge cooperation with Valve to get things to roll out properly. When we see how much trouble can happen for simply putting the DLC out on the store, giving out keys weekly and revoking access as subscription run out would require a lot of work to be done which isn't assured at all at this point.

There's very little indication that this is something that is actually happening for RS considering the information we have so far.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

Nop, it just brought up the steam page for the DLC.

And Karawan is not a DLC, it is technically already included in the game file and is just unlocked by Uplay but it's the only case of a full song being tied to Uplay.

I'm not saying it's technically impossible at all to do. Just that it seems unlikely as it is.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

giving out keys weekly and revoking access as subscription run out would require a lot of work to be done which isn't assured at all at this point.

Steam does offer subscription plans.

But yeah, you're right. Now that I see that this was just copy-pasted and thinking about how much work it would be to re-license 1000+ songs for subscription service it all looks very unlikely. Phew.