cdlc won't work for me

Rage221

I believe I have done everything correctly but when I get to the "play song" screen and click on "play song" the screen changes  to the venue screen and the speakers drop down, then the game locks up. I have tried 20 different CDLC with the same results. I have tried 3 different D3DX9_42.dll files but no luck. Any suggestions??? The CDLC songs are on my list of songs and the previews play.

I saw a post from you about using the smallest DLL file available. When I did, it all works fine. Thank you very much. 

I am now watching your video on creating CDLC. Looks like a lot of headaches!!! But I am gonna try a song called "Anytime" by McAuley Schenker Group. Wish me luck! I will probably message you a few hundred times in the process... LOL! So I will thank you in advance for all your help. John

you 

I believe I have done everything correctly but when I get to the "play song" screen and click on "play song" the screen changes  to the venue screen and the speakers drop down, then the game locks up. I have tried 20 different CDLC with the same results. I have tried 3 different D3DX9_42.dll files but no luck. Any suggestions??? The CDLC songs are on my list of songs and the previews play.

have to buy cherub rock from the dlc songs for cdlc to work