Can Go Play Along Tab Player help you create CDLC faster?

lokariototal

Question

8 answers to this question

I use it all the time.   It helps A TON.  It was totally worth it to buy.    It syncs the beat to the tab very well and lets me focus on other big picture things to work with (and usually makes it clear where the tab is wrong).    Sometimes, it doesn't sync like a certain strange part 100%, you can manually adjust just those measures.   GoPlayAlong has a midi thing that you can hear what it would sound like if you played the notes along with the track.

Overall, I'd say it's the best thing for creating CDLC.    I also check some karaoke sites for lyrics that can be imported into EOF, that can save a ton of time too as I'm very picky about my CDLCs and try to provide lyrics along with the tab.

If you want I can provide a little more detail on the process.

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

Is it worth it?, I can just enter the bpm and bpm changes into eof and sync up the last few notes and the rest falls into place. Then I can spot any missing bars or repeat errors quite easily. If the bpm is off I can use the estimate bpm function or figure it out using this.

Also if all it's doing is generating a beat map, is it any different than doing this (which is free btw). If its similar to this it also generates a ton on anchors which makes adjusting bits pretty annoying too.

also also cool list of ultrastar files I found while looking about.

Maybe its good for people starting out. I haven't tried it yet tho, maybe I should give it a go first. But for me anyway it doesn't seem worth it.

"If you want I can provide a little more detail on the process." yea that'd be pretty cool, maybe I've got the wrong idea about it

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Administrator

@@coldrampage we have quite a decent number of user that use it which is why we have an offer for GPA (see the announcement up top).

I personnaly don't use it at all but the auto sync of GPA seems to work very well in most cases which is very helpful for some people that have trouble with syncing in general.

It's just an automation of the process that can save time on a lot of cases. Is it worth it for you is a choice only you can make though.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It's better than EOF.   The interface is nice.   The midi playing on the tab is very robust, there's something similar in EOF but it doesn't seem to work as well.   To me, it's better to sync in GoPlayAlong and export than to manually do it in EOF.   You can fiddle all you want and then export (and import into EOF) and go from there.   For me, if you have major problems, like you need to add a bar or something maybe, it's more difficult to overcome them in EOF than it is in GoPlayAlong.   The automated syncing is great, you can specify the BPM in EOF but most music, especially a little bit older music, there some variation and things get off.   GoPlayAlong generally autocorrects for that type of thing very well and if it's off it's super easy to drag bars to where they need to go (yes there similar in EOF but not as fine tuned).   When manually adjusting the sync there's a great view of the spectrogram (? is that the word) (the view of the music).   There's a tiny one in EOF, this is better.   If you can afford it, I'd say it's totally worth it.

• Like 1

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

I use it all the time.   It helps A TON.  It was totally worth it to buy.    It syncs the beat to the tab very well and lets me focus on other big picture things to work with (and usually makes it clear where the tab is wrong).    Sometimes, it doesn't sync like a certain strange part 100%, you can manually adjust just those measures.   GoPlayAlong has a midi thing that you can hear what it would sound like if you played the notes along with the track.

Overall, I'd say it's the best thing for creating CDLC.    I also check some karaoke sites for lyrics that can be imported into EOF, that can save a ton of time too as I'm very picky about my CDLCs and try to provide lyrics along with the tab.

If you want I can provide a little more detail on the process.

Yes of course please provide more info about your process. Perhaps we can have a skype session about this, or chat via facebook? If you can of course

• Like 1

@@coldrampage we have quite a decent number of user that use it which is why we have an offer for GPA (see the announcement up top).

I personnaly don't use it at all but the auto sync of GPA seems to work very well in most cases which is very helpful for some people that have trouble with syncing in general.

It's just an automation of the process that can save time on a lot of cases. Is it worth it for you is a choice only you can make though.

What is GPA?

@@lokariototal GPA, shortened name of Go Play Along

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I uploaded a very short video to youtube that you can kind of see how goplayalong works.   

The song I'm using, "Wait for You" by Bonham, is a pretty standard tempo song without many changes

I shows the autosync.  The tab is no good around measure 60 so I go into manual sync mode and you can see how easy it is to move around bars and beats if needed.   I don't fix the problem because the tab appears to be wrong, but I did sync the first beat correctly.   It's really a super easy software.   It does fairly on songs with more complex tempos as well - as long as your tab is close.   

If your tab is way messed up you will have problems no matter if you do it manually or use goplayalong.   I'd argue that using goplay along is easier to see where the problems are because you can jump right into the bars easily while comparing the tab and your mp3.

Here's the video:

• Like 1