A followed column on search

BHMath

Question

Is it possible to add a followed column as there is with the star. Because when I look everyday for new songs, and when an already posted song is reupload by someone else I don't know if it's the same (can't remember each charter name of each song ;))

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

3 answers to this question

Hi, 

while I absolutely understand your use-case I'd rather avoid adding a "Followed" column for technical reasons. Displaying this column would mean that with every call to the search site we'd have to compare the current user's follows with the CDLC in the DB, regardless if you follow any songs or even display the column. That's the reason we introduced the "Followed" view; this way the data is compared only in specific cases (i.e. when the user wants to see all follows). So, in order to keep search fast and responsive, I'd like to avoid comparing a lot of data on every call for a use-case that doesn't come up very often (there's only a handful of duplicate CDLC by different charters). 

One way to quickly check if you're following a CDLC is to open the record page and have a quick look at the "Follow" button. If it says "Unfollow", you're already following that song. Another way would be to open the "Followed" view in a different browser tab. If the CDLC in question is on top of that list, you're already following it. 

What do you (and others, of course) think? Can we live with this compromise?

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Maybe the database can simply remember which entries we've looked at, and give that list first?

I'm not so sure this is a huge issue -- unless I'm the only one who checks the database regularly and goes through the list of bolded entries (updated/new entries) to see if anything interests me? It's easy enough to see if one of the CDLCs I already have has been updated.

I had another idea for a check though, came up in another thread. For people who are only interested in COMPLETED customs, there could be a box on the entry form for this. When it's checked yes, it means the CHARTER considers the custom as final. People can then sort for this.

This would also solve part of the issue of whether or not to have "approved" customs or any kind of ratings system, both of which get complicated and messy really quickly.

I understand what you're saying and I agree.

in fact I got another suggestion with this bold system. I noticed that it's not sync between computers ! I mean I watch like ten time a day new song in db with bold lines but when I come back home on the evening and keep on checking all new songs from the day are once again bold but I did already check it.

Is possible to set the bold information link to my account ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !