Complicated charting

adyscoot

Question

Probably me but i play mostly Reggae bass guitar and the style is meant to have a laid back relaxed feel all the great reggae players that can be found on youtube play this way. so why is it that whether  DLC or CDLS when i try  most seem to be charted with large stretches  making them harder to get to grips with 

1 answer to this question

Probably me but i play mostly Reggae bass guitar and the style is meant to have a laid back relaxed feel all the great reggae players that can be found on youtube play this way. so why is it that whether  DLC or CDLS when i try  most seem to be charted with large stretches  making them harder to get to grips with 

I don't play reggae btw, but I hope this is relevant lol

It's just how they were tabbed out. Different people play the same things differently, I don't like long stretches either but I'm sure some people do ( your lucky to have long fingers). There are so many different ways to play the same thing and everyone prefers a different way, it's just an issue with tabs in general. If the notes are right you can transpose them to make them more playable for you, guitar pro has a cool feature where you can shift notes up or down a string which is great for making stuff easier to play for yourself. Don't use the auto position feature tho it is terrible.

Maybe the tabbers weren't very familiar with the reggae style of playing and got the notes right but "in the wrong place". I don't know scales but when tabbing a song I can kind of guess the next note based on my familiarity with the genre. I also learn it on guitar then tab it, some people just do it all in software and that kind of loses the feeling of the song and leads to some interesting note choices *couth*veto*couth*.

If its too bad of an issue try learning the song on your own and use the tabs if you get stuck, then you can play it your way. As long as you play the same pitch rocksmith doesn't care, play it how you want.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype