Cold's Crap

coldrampage

Ah your getting the same issue with note heads that I am, where they are all flickery. I haven't managed to fix that yet. I think firekorn got it working. Maybe we're forgetting to change a note_gradient_map somewhere.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I'll have to try and fix the tuning pegs, I probably missed a row that needed changing or something in the tool. I'll do it tomorrow since its late here.

Mod looks cool btw

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Administrator

@@Rockfirstlast Black or darkish tone are really hard to make out from the background in some situation, the colors need to be intense enough to stand out relatively well. There's a lot of trial and error to get something that works well enough and don't look ulgy as shit in game. That's the kind of situation where you realize the default set is far from bad :D

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

For some reason, with my modded files, I'm getting the single note "miss" or "hit" indicators as the "original" string colours, not my altered ones. Any pointers on which file I've forgotten to change that would likely be the cause of this?

eg;

Cn3QZIf.png

@@ZagatoZee the miss icons are in \assets\gameplay\indicator so maybe you missed a file in there. Also in that folder there is a "gradient_map_additive" as well as a "note_gradient_map" so make sure you've changed both.

That folder also does the "!" miss icon for riff repeater so see if that works correctly as well.

@@ZagatoZee the miss icons are in \assets\gameplay\indicator so maybe you missed a file in there. Also in that folder there is a "gradient_map_additive" as well as a "note_gradient_map" so make sure you've changed both.

That folder also does the "!" miss icon for riff repeater so see if that works correctly as well.

Both of those have been modded.

oh wait, I think they're done through the gamecolourmanager.flat file. I remember setting every value in the file to 0,1,1 and even the "miss" text changed to blue.

More stuff to add to the string changer tool when I update it 

• Administrator

Yeah, likely to be the "GuitarRegistrarTextIndicatorDefault" part.

The indicator folder control the hue value for the bend/slide arrow and the exclamation point but not the actual text though that folder does contain the actual text.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Just thought I'd make a post to let you dudes know

Custom String Colour Generator has been updated.

Update 12/6/19

Now does miss text

Basic note colour support (Generates the "base", add gradient using my template so it displays properly) (colours will be slightly off because the gradient a bit is too dark)

Tuning pegs still a bit dodgy, idk why tho. They still set the base colour to the first string but should set the highlighted colour a bit better

Made it change "GuitarRegistrarForkParticlesDefault" (and the blind version) as well.

Currently doesn't change anything related to "NotewayBodyparts" or "Guitarcade" related. Not sure what they'd do and it works fine for now.

I'm off to play some touhou now.

• Like 1

Y'all know what time it is?, update time. (For Custom String Colour Generator. Probably last one for a while, idk tho)

Update (19/06/2019)

Added a way to add gradient via program. (you can still do manually if ya want)
Fixed tuning pegs (turns out in base rs non-selected tuning pegs have no glow lol. Been playing modded too long)
Added dds conversion. (thanks nvdxt.exe)
Saving gamecolourmanager.flat now goes to the exe folder, not the root of the C drive by default.

Base image with no gradient still goes to desktop, otherwise it dies. (soz lads)

Added "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" the converted folder, so you know where to put them.  Few bits need some more fiddling tho

"Why does the generate image button only work once now", cus it crashes if you do it more than once and IDK how to fix it.

This took way too long to do. (like 3 days, but its my fault for being stupid lol)

Roit that's all see ya.

• Like 1

Thanks, I've been playing around with this program.

While dark grey is hard to see for most users, I like it and am going to have it as my colorblind option when playing 7-string songs.  It looks like this:

While not exact, these color values are closer to normal colors than the RESET button values:

https://imgur.com/Z7N6ECO

• Like 1

Thanks, I've been playing around with this program.

While dark grey is hard to see for most users, I like it and am going to have it as my colorblind option when playing 7-string songs.  It looks like this:

While not exact, these color values are closer to normal colors than the RESET button values:

https://imgur.com/Z7N6ECO

Korn?, good test. I found the notes a bit hard to see at first but I bet you get used to it easily.

Ah yea I gotta fix the reset values, kinda just put them in as placeholder. Thanks for the numbers mate, probably add 'em later.

Just wondering, how does the slide arrows and the riff repeater "!" miss icons look. Since they are the only things I can't get to change colour at the moment. Well that and the session mode scale boxes. They're haunting my dreams.

Just tried with editing again, using v1.2 of the string change tool - tuning pegs still broken for me in regular and colorblind mode.

Miss indicators are correct however!

The gradient map is way too light too.

This is seriously useable however. Great work!

• Like 1

I've added my own ER mode files to my existing mods folder;

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7jekwDmwM8AqjlIQAaA

there is a folder with files to replace custom tuning only, and another folder with custom tuning removal and Colorblind mode hijack instructions.

I'll eventually get around to sharing the ready to save .psarc files, just as soon as I can find some vanilla, unmodified in other ways, files :-)

• Like 2

Just tried with editing again, using v1.2 of the string change tool - tuning pegs still broken for me in regular and colorblind mode.

Miss indicators are correct however!

The gradient map is way too light too.

This is seriously useable however. Great work!

I'm pretty sure the tuning pegs worked for me when I tested it, I'll give it another go to be sure. I'll have a look at ya gamecolourmanager.flat file and see whats up, maybe I disabled a wrong line somewhere.

"Miss indicators are correct however!" yay something works properly.

Yea the gradient map needs some work. My old gradients didn't work with the program so I had to make new ones. I'll do some more fiddling.

I'm gonna unmod my rs and remod it to give it a proper test for once.

I'll have a look at ya gamecolourmanager.flat file and see whats up, maybe I disabled a wrong line somewhere.

Files for these rounds of mods are i this link - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7lKc8hX4WvWF2xqEHEA- the base folder are the generated by the tool, the ones I used - and created manually in PS - are included in the sub folder.

• Like 1

I'll have a look at ya gamecolourmanager.flat file and see whats up, maybe I disabled a wrong line somewhere.

Files for these rounds of mods are i this link - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7lKc8hX4WvWF2xqEHEA- the base folder are the generated by the tool, the ones I used - and created manually in PS - are included in the sub folder.

I gave your file a go, strings 3 and 4 kind of work (colours a bit too bright). The rest are white. The file looks ok.

I think I know the issue. Light colours just go white, when I used more saturated colours it works (these ones). I bet there's some line that's additive or maybe the glow screws it up.

Had someone report today that the bend notifications on my files above are using the "old colours" not the modified ones.

Yea bend and slide arrows aren't changing for some reason. I bet we're missing some file that's in a stupid place. I'll have a proper good look through the files and see if I can find anything. Its probably in the same place that does the session mod boxes since they wont change either

I checked gamecolourmanager.flat first and that didn't do anything related to 'em

Found something in loft01.psarc gonna test it, hell yea it works. riff repeater miss icons work, slide arrows work, bends work (the one in distance is red because the file I used had red on the top still). 

Yo it fixed session mode too, this is epic.

Ok so in the venues subfolder there is loft01.psarc go to assets\gameplay\indicator and replace the note gradient map in there. That will fix hopefully everything.