Cold's Crap

coldrampage

Thing is that getting rid of already existing tuning won't solve the issue of theSG entirely and considering the jump function in the list is linked to that tuning list to some extent, it would be problematic if it ended up breaking that part higher up in tuning than it already do :)

Hmmm.

Wait what actually is the limit I just added 3 more and it still works, does the text re-scale?, is there no limit?

Anyway if there even is a limit they go in the order in the tuning database file, so instead of removing ones you don't need entirely just move them to the end of the list

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Yea gfx files aren't too easy to modify at the moment. 

This is what the speed intro mods and a few others that we haven't put out publicly yet (still tweaking them  to our liking) were done with the help of - https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-decompiler - it can mod the gfx files used with ease.

Is that the same as this? ah yea it is. I'll update the link to the github page since the one I've linked is old.

Also is this error normal or am I an idiot oh I think I get it but where is the file in rs so we can load the assets lol. Oh wait Cache8 has all the menu assets I bet there's something in there. 

Commonlib.gfx probably has the assets, right lets try loading that. Ah I get it we need to load the dependencies. And its still just a grey square. yay.

I think they should be loading automaticaly but its looking for a swf not a gfx so we have to select them manually. Maybe I've got an old version IDK

Has anyone got the menus to look proper in the editor yet or am I an idiot lol?

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I don't know what the limit is, i just recall (might be bad memory though) that someone said the list won't scroll.

The list doesn't scroll but it scales (so you're technically correct lol). I mean look at this, 12 extra tunings and it still works fine.  I'm guessing the only limit is resolution lol. Gonna keep going till it dies.

@@ZagatoZee maybe we don't need a scroll bar lol

Edit: 32 custom tunings work fine, I bet it can go higher but I cba to go further. Gonna revert back to by 3 useful ones lol

Whats in what part 3

Because the note colours are definitely not in the psarcs in the root foder.

I'm skipping ones like "dependency_guitarbass2x2.psarc" since its probably just for the different tuning pegs models.

game_techniques.psarc

Stuff about the camera and lighting types

menu_depot.psarc

It is just Cache 8 all over again.

game_flow.psarc

Score attack hud. More camera stuff.

dependency_songcomponents.psarc

Guitarcade shaders, note hit shaders

assets\vfx\fork_gameplay_vfx\dx9 has some note texure things

assets\gameplay has textures and models for most of the game objects

dependency_guitarcommon.psarc

assets\gameplay has more stuff  related to above

gfxassets has textures for the tuner

game_sessionmode.psarc

Nothing interesting

Well that's most of the ones that looked interesting done. big oof.

Just use the CGT instead, now supports custom colours with automatic file injection

Custom String Colour Generator

Anyway you can change the normal string colours and the colorblind one separately.

It just generates the files, you still gotta put it in cache 8 (and song dependency, and cache 6) and rebuild it.

x9rbqTE.png

It also auto changes the tuning peg colour based on the string colour. Well the selected one. It sets the un-selected one to the "same" (its additive so its slightly different colour) as string 1. Oh it also does the tuner as well.

Ma31Pw5.jpg

Now does note colour as well (yay)

dsRxW8R.png

DL Link  (updated 28/6/2019)

VS project (Also updated 28/6/2019)

I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Probably won't get updates unless I can add custom note colours to it. Since I'm fed up with this program.

Oh I almost forgot

HOW TO ACTUALLY USE THE THING

Open the thing

Enter the colours you want

Click "Generate file"

Click save file, put wherever you want

Click generate image

Click generate gradient

Click conver to dds

Click generate chord ui

Then read "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" in the converted subfolder and put the files where it tells you to.

Here's a vid of me testing it, maybe its useful idk (outdated btw)

Update (28/06/2019)

Now generates chord menu icons (quite pleased with how it turned out tbh). Just click the "Generate chord ui" button
Updated "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" to add how to change chord menu.
Removed some clutter from the folder.

New folders for chord ui things (see I can be organised)

New .bat file for converting the chords to dds

Update 26/6/2019

Updated "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" to fix slides, bends and stuff
Fixed the reset values. (colourblind colours based on this thing I made a while ago, not sure if they're any good)
"Fixed" gradient (made less ass)

Still don't know why light colours don't work for the tuning pegs. Tried a bunch of things but nothing fixed it.

Update 12/6/19

Now does miss text

Basic note colour support (Generates the "base", add gradient using my template so it displays properly) (colours will be slightly off because the gradient a bit is too dark)

Tuning pegs still a bit dodgy, idk why tho. They still set the base colour to the first string but should set the highlighted colour a bit better (aka fixed a typo)

Made it change "GuitarRegistrarForkParticlesDefault" (and the blind version) as well.

Currently doesn't change anything related to "NotewayBodyparts" or "Guitarcade" related. Not sure what they'd do and it works fine for now.

Update (19/06/2019)

Added a way to add gradient via program. (you can still do manually if ya want)
Fixed tuning pegs (turns out in base rs non-selected tuning pegs have no glow lol. Been playing modded too long)
Added dds conversion. (thanks nvdxt.exe)
Saving gamecolourmanager.flat now goes to the exe folder, not the root of the C drive by default.

Base image with no gradient still goes to desktop, otherwise it dies. (soz lads)

Added "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" the converted folder, so you know where to put them.  Few bits need some more fiddling tho

"Why does the generate image button only work once now", cus it crashes if you do it more than once and IDK how to fix it.

• Like 2

is that mod just changing the string on the neck colour, or also auto changing the note head gems to match as well?

just the strings and tuning pegs at the moment, if I figure out where the note colours are I'll try to add them in as well

• Like 1

Still working on this but I'm halfway there so

Custom intro screen

I made the .cis file but loading it crashes the game. It says unpacking cache so I guess all my modifications have screwed it up somehow.

Link to .cis, see if it works for you. The background is temporary. Oh its got the Aqours logo and the sub units logos, so if you're not in idol hell I guess you gotta make your own lol.

I'm gonna do it manually, update and guide once I get it working.

So it's in cache 4.7z gfxassets\views, gotta see if changing them crashes the game. Wait that's only like half the stuff, guess the rest is in the other cache 7 zips.

Well doing it manually works, and at least I get to fix the scaling so stuff is not stretched. Now to find the other stuff.

I think its in static assets\ui. Gonna try removing the backgrounds and loading icons. Nah changed it but it stays the same. Must be elsewhere as well. Yep loading screen is in cache 1 as well (the white background with black and white flashing pick).

Now to find the RS logo, can't find it in cache. lets try changing it in static and see if it works. Yep it did.

More tomorrow I gotta sleep. I wanna change the background when the rs logo is shown and then I'll be done.

Still haven't finished the bit above but a quick update on some 

Shader stuff

So Static.psarc has a lot of unused/placeholder content. Some files include early versions of shaders source code. These have not been built and can be viewed in a text editor. They uses the .hlsl (high level shader language) file extension. They even have comments but I guess that's not too surprising.

There's only a handful of them (6) and yeah.

Other shader stuff.

So each shader has 3 files. A nsb, pso and vso. Some just have a fxo. I still know nothing about shaders, but apparently you can decompile them into shader assembly language with this (maybe this) (haven't tested but it should be able to). I doubt its worth the hassle. How would you recompile it once you edited it anyway?, and I doubt the note colours are stored in the shaders. Unless colourblind mode changes the post processing, then maybe they are, idk (where the hecc are they, lol).

More stuff

So I remember hearing about this thing called reshade, maybe it works with rs. Gonna try it tommorow and see how it goes

Also random thing why are there .psarc.org files. How are they different from .psarc files, and what is in them (or are they backups made by the toolkit or something). I'm gonna check em out tomorrow anyway. Maybe I'll do a reinstall soon so I know whats proper and whats not.

Bacc to top

• Administrator

@@coldrampage .org should be from CFSM if i'm not mistaking.

One thing i was able to make which is interesting is to alter the notetail color : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415524785557209102/587320170767319057/unknown.png
This was done by altering the note_gradient_map.dds in the cache 6 assets/gameplay/tail

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@coldrampage .org should be from CFSM if i'm not mistaking.

One thing i was able to make which is interesting is to alter the notetail color : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415524785557209102/587320170767319057/unknown.png

This was done by altering the note_gradient_map.dds in the cache 6 assets/gameplay/tail

I thought they might be backups, I get cache and static but why crowd.psarc?

That's pretty cool, we're halfway there. I found note_gradient_map.dds in quite a few different places looking through files. Maybe one of them does note colours as well, I'll have to do some more fiddling.

One folder had a bunch of stuff related to notes (like the normal map, and stuff), I'll see if I can find it and if it has a note_gradient_map in it. dependency_songcomponents.psarc in the root subfolder has a bunch of note related stuff. \assets\gameplay\note subfolder  has a note gradient map, maybe that does the notes.

There's also assets\gameplay\open_note so maybe you can change them independently. 

Well it worked. I inverted the file so I guess I screwed something up but they changed (Imgur why do you jpegify everything). Next time I'll just change the hue and see how it goes, probably tomorrow. We're finally there lads. Since its image based how the hecc can I add this to my tool lol

• Like 1

• Administrator

So i had some fun :

QwjM20D.png?width=400&height=227

It's all in that dependency_songcomponents.psarc

There's a good amount of stuff to fiddle with for something proper (i just made a mess to see how much there was in there and how far the game could support some of it). The gradient end up in many different places so it'll likely need to be changed in many places to make sure the change is effective everywhere in the game though.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Well its here lads, cheers for the help firekorn.

Custom note colours

I gotta do some testing and stuff to make sure its good, and to figure out how the map works. Then I'll edit in a guide and stuff.

Speedy guide (for now)

Make a custom "note_gradient_map.dds". PDN template, just use painbucket (with no anti-aliasing) on bottom layer and save as dds, using DXT3 with no mipmaps

Make a copy and rename it to "gradient_map_additive.dds"

Put it in Cache.psarc, cache 6, assets/gameplay/tail

Copy paste both files in every folder in dependency_songcomponents.psarc \assets\gameplay

Build the psarcs, and hope it works.

Note gradient map stuff

So the top half are the normal colours and the bottom half are the colour blind ones. Each bar is 8 pixels high and there are 8 for each half. First 6 are for strings, the one that's one from the bottom is the technique colour (I think). idk about the other one . File is 256 by 128 pixels. I wonder if you can resize it and have it still work, then we could have a horizontal gradient and have fancy notes.

Random tests

I don't know why it is a gradient, I'm gonna see how it works as solid bars of colour. if it's terrible I'll just make a gradient overlay. I'll make a .psd and a .pdn at some point but for now I just wanna see how it works. btw for photoshop you need a plugin to open .dds files.

Test with no gradient, well it removes the shading. Could be pretty cool, but not for the stem. File for test

So the gradient does the shading, lets replace the black gradient with say a blue square and see if we can get 2 tone shading.

Well yep, maybe choose better colours tho and don't change the stem. Don't do the bottom two bars either for the techniques. File for test

Time to test up-scaled files, make sure to resize using nearest neighbor scaling or it will look weird in game.

Additive, normal, template

Up-scaled works fine.

Time to stick a vertical gradient on the notes And see how it goes.

Additive, Normal

Looks like it just made everything brighter.

Firekorn and I were spitballing a "practical use" for changing the colours - beyond helping out the colour blind and simple "because we can".

So, suggestion for the non colour blind (FK has already been experimenting with this).

Rename "color blind mode" in the menus (maingame.csv I hope) to "Extended range mode".

We create a "new colour" for the lowest string on a 7 string guitar / 5 string bass - and move all the other note and string colours "up" a string. Idea being switching to this mode would make it much less of a mind F%$# to remember which string you should be playing.

I realise this is tantamount to suggesting we "run a marathon, while still learning to crawl" - but I'm floating it publicly, so the idea is in more peoples heads!

Firekorn and I were spitballing a "practical use" for changing the colours - beyond helping out the colour blind and simple "because we can".

So, suggestion for the non colour blind (FK has already been experimenting with this).

Rename "color blind mode" in the menus (maingame.csv I hope) to "Extended range mode".

We create a "new colour" for the lowest string on a 7 string guitar / 5 string bass - and move all the other note and string colours "up" a string. Idea being switching to this mode would make it much less of a mind F%$# to remember which string you should be playing.

I realise this is tantamount to suggesting we "run a marathon, while still learning to crawl" - but I'm floating it publicly, so the idea is in more peoples heads!

Sounds pretty cool, I'd find that quite useful. Might do some fiddling with it once I've played around with note colours a bit more more.

What colour would be good to have as the new colour tho?

Maybe if all this cool stuff takes off we can add it to the toolkit or something so its more accessible.

Maybe if all this cool stuff takes off we can add it to the toolkit or something so its more accessible.

The 5/7th string is typically a B string, so something in a greenish tone would make some sense (since the high B is green) and be an acceptable contrast from the low E red. Atleast, that is where my head is at atm.

The 5/7th string is typically a B string, so something in a greenish tone would make some sense (since the high B is green) and be an acceptable contrast from the low E red. Atleast, that is where my head is at atm.

That makes sense, I'm guessing a darker green so easy to tell apart from the other green. Something like this?

Certainly worth trying and seeing how it looks in use.

Yea we wont know till we try. I'll do some fiddling soon-ish one I figure some stuff out.

• Administrator

Had some fiddle around with all the files in there, i think the most interesting part of that beside string color is to edit how some technique might look especially chord fret hand mute and palm mute.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415524785557209102/587681507628548121/unknown.png

Looks better than the default light blue outline and makes frethand mute largely more readable on the go.

Clearly a lot of room to fiddle with stuff but since it's all DDS, it pretty much have to be custom made to get something interesting out of it.

Really nice discovery there though and i'll sure have some fun with adjusting a few stuff in there.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

re custom tuning definitions;

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7lIpzdSGcSyRfv4OkxA

2 files in that folder. One is the tuning definitions json, replacing the existing one in cache.psarc \ cache7.7z\manifests will sort out all but a few of the officially used tunings.

There is also a text file contained within that has the text you should add to the end of the "maingame.csv" file (cache.psarc\cache4.7z\localization\) for it to display correctly.

• Like 1

re custom tuning definitions;

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7lIpzdSGcSyRfv4OkxA

2 files in that folder. One is the tuning definitions json, replacing the existing one in cache.psarc \ cache7.7z\manifests will sort out all but a few of the officially used tunings.

There is also a text file contained within that has the text you should add to the end of the "maingame.csv" file (cache.psarc\cache4.7z\localization\) for it to display correctly.

Pretty cool, you even added the translations in maingame. Cheers mate I'll give it an install.

edit: I'll also link to the post in the custom tuning bit