CDLC not working since "Remastered" update.

Sags

Question

I hadn't played Rocksmith 2014 for a year or more. Decided to play around with it again recently, saw the "remastered" update, installed it through steam.

Now all my CDLC quit working.  It all worked before the update just fine.  Now when I launch a CDLC song, it goes through the tuner process, then the tuner goes away and it just sits on the blank screen with the speakers on the side forever.  Guitar still plays though, but song never loads, and the only way I can get off that screen is to ctrl+alt+del and kill the program in task manager.

Any ideas.

I've read the FAQ, I have Cherub Rock, I have the "D3DX9_42.dll" file (tried it in both the root and the DLC folder)

8 answers to this question

your dll is outdated and only works for RS2014. look at the top of this site "Use CDLC" for the RS2014 Remastered dll.

OK, I deleted my current   D3DX9_42.dll file.  Downloaded the one from that link and place in the correct folder.  No change, still the same.

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@kirispy the dll in the post of the "Use CDLC" page is the dll i made sure work with the remastered version, if that one doesn't work, i don't see any reason to assume others would. Note that CFSM can be used to make sure the dll is properly named and in the right folder automatically too.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@kirispy i've edited it as needed over the years. I can't vouch for any other link over there that aren't posted by me but the main post has been kept updated as needed and have had many rework to make the instruction as clear as possible.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

There's no good way to keep track of all the revision that have been done over the years with IP board anyway and the last person that did an edit forgot to check the box to show the last edit date...

As to why Maztor decided to post his own link, i have no idea. Again, all i can assure is that the link in the first post is as accurate as it is with the current version of the game. Anything posted by other user i can't vouch for.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography