What I'd want from a new Rocksmith game

ImInSessionMode

Question

10 answers to this question

The main thing I'd like to see is a static chart showing ALL the chords that will be used in a particular song.

It's really annoying to choose a song, check to see what chords will be played and only see one. I need to be able to look at all of the chords and practice changing between them before attacking the song.

As it stands now the game only shows one then when the song starts you get blasted by a half dozen or more too quickly to get your head around them.

The only workaround I've discovered thus far is to go into Riff Repeater, slow the song way down and let it run through a couple of times to get familiar with the chords that will be used. After doing this I can attempt the song.

Regardless it would be much easier to see a static chard showing all the chords used in the song to get familiar with them before attempting to play them.

Definitely asio support and more streamer friendly settings.

Making use of the usb 3.0 existence as it would make less latency.

If selling a cable again than I want a sturdier cables and stuff.

foot switch support for effects would also be nice, If high quality I would even buy it from ubi.

and the very basic setting to disable DD with everything maxed in difficulty to begin with.

make the game able to load VST plugins.

I have much more but w/e no one would see or care

• Like 1

and the very basic setting to disable DD with everything maxed in difficulty to begin with.

You can already do this in the difficulty settings.  They added it in the remastered patch.  (that would be 2½ years ago)

- Play with a 5 string bass or 7 string guitar (I know we can do it in the CDLC but I mean an option in the game)

- Add special effects like the slide with the pick from the bridge to the fretboard.

- Strum pattern like up, down and middle (Eof has this option but Rocksmith can't play it, or may be yes but I don't know)

- Recognize natural harmonics in other tunings or with a capo.

- Add piano or keyboard.

- Music video in the background like Guitar Hero Live (R.I.P) or Guitar Flash.

- Strum pattern like up, down and middle (Eof has this option but Rocksmith can't play it, or may be yes but I don't know)

There is a "pickDirection" option in the songs, but it was never implemented.  Maybe they thought it looked too messy.  Or maybe they are future-proofing for the next game, so the songs already have the strum patterns ready to go.

• Like 1